• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 junchieve

junchieve

Riding the Lightning

• Expired Member
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

This is how to make a very cheap disc golf basket. Check out how much the real ones cost: http://www.discsunli...lf_baskets.html

Now granted this one wont be PDGA certified, but it gets the job done ;)

Material List: (under 10$, you might have most of them already)

Heavy Duty Garbage bag
Hula Hoop
Duct Tape
Zip Ties
Wooden Stakes

Now the garbage bags I have are about 5' tall, so I cut about 2' off the top. I then folded the edges on the top over itself to make two layers. I tacked it down with duct tape so it wouldn't unfold. Now tape all the way around it so you have a reinforced edge.

Get your hula hoop and place it in the garbage bag right at the top. Now get a razor blade and poke a hole about a half inch below the top of the bag (make sure the hole is through the tape). Get a zip tie and tie the hoop to the bag. Now do this about 7 more time spaced evenly apart always going to tape.

After this point I taped all around everything once again, and on the bottom. Now get your wooden stakes (mine had a point on one end). They should be about 3' tall. On the square end drill a hole about 1" down. Do this for the remaining 3 stakes. Now tie these stakes evenly around your hoop/bag. It helps to pound the stake in the ground before tieing the zip tie down.

Now it looks kinda chinsey, but it is cheap, and gets the job done. Enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails

• FINSISHED.JPG
  • SUPPLIES.JPG
  • DUCTTAPPING.JPG
  • ZIPTIE.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!