• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,635 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

Cool! I'll try that as soon as I get a chance.

I can't wait to get back in the "lab"... Should be soon.

#22 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

i've been focusing on pans only, and don't have that tough thick cubie myc, but wanna try this tek.
do ya think pan myc could, or would hold up with this tek?

good question. ive never tried anything but forking pf jars of colonized pan myeclia. i would think the mycelia would be too weak to recover. but you never know. if you have one extra pf jar to spare. try it. or you could slurry it into a spawn bag full of substrate and let it colonize like that.

definitely worth a try. with the pan dunk working so well. id not be suprised if it did work. although im skeptical.

#23 pvacant

pvacant

a DeAd BoY

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

good question. ive never tried anything but forking pf jars of colonized pan myeclia. i would think the mycelia would be too weak to recover. but you never know. if you have one extra pf jar to spare. try it. or you could slurry it into a spawn bag full of substrate and let it colonize like that.

definitely worth a try. with the pan dunk working so well. id not be suprised if it did work. although im skeptical.

i "kinda" think it'll work too. hell i'm gonna give it a go. next few days or so. work has been kicking my ass and i just don't have the energy to "work" on the hobby, but times running out and i just have too, plus i'm super excited about this tek.....so i'll let you know, eats, if pan myc can stand up to your tek.

#24 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

i "kinda" think it'll work too. hell i'm gonna give it a go. next few days or so. work has been kicking my ass and i just don't have the energy to "work" on the hobby, but times running out and i just have too, plus i'm super excited about this tek.....so i'll let you know, eats, if pan myc can stand up to your tek.

excellent i don't care if you post results here either. that way everyone can see if both pans or cubes work. good luck for sure!

#25 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

K, I'm doin the same thing!

Well done. I'm not even worried of how it's gonna go further on for you but best of luck, kudos again, eatyou.

#26 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:17 PM

this strawnet stuff really must be somethin special i remember when ya 1st posted bout it a while back where do we find it tho? thx eatsy. keep us posted on progress n as always :kewl: and grate thread :bow:

#27 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

summitseed.com

strawnet.com

#28 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

thx.

#29 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

:bow:

#30 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

pics pics pics !!!!

#31 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:36 PM

todays pics i merged to the top. got em in a row. will have more in the am...

its very consistent with a regular speed sub bed.

im usually getting 3 day spawn runs now. but even 6 days waiting from one pf cake aint too bad!:headbang:

#32 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

well the substrate is almost colonized. update above.

just a tiny few spots and by tonight it should be done. will birth tomorrow morn. its nice how the top fuzzed up too after a day.

this is cool and fun to mess with. can't wait to see some of your results. im about to do up a few more tubs of this now to test some stuff out.

#33 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

Cool!

I'm working on a nozzle that can spray chunky slurry onto bulk to try to do this very thing but from a different angle. I wonder how many steps we can ultimately eliminate?

The most heavily colonized LC ever made would still only have a fraction of the mycelial mass of a colonized BRF jar due to the nature of the ingredients and how the myc grows on/in them.

However, I could see an LC having a lot more mass than most do if it were constantly aerated and the optimal nutrient levels were determined through experimentation.

I've thought about making a LC using a one-gallon glass jug with an air stone (filtered) and as much food as it can handle, then using air pressure to force the liquid through a large-bore nozzle. It might allow mass-inoculation of prepared outdoor beds, among other things. I still think an LC alone won't have as much biomass as it would need for that, so my other experiment will be to blend up a slurry and add it to a nutrified gallon LC and bubble that for a few days. Or at least that's the idea. As soon as I finish vanquishing my one and only mortal enemy (who forced me to do a total shutdown and cleanout a while back) I can get back to work. That should be later next week if all goes accoring to plan, unless I end up filling him with buckshot; in that case it'll be three weeks.

I've noticed in the lcs that the nutrients from the solution are getting absorbed by the growing mycelium, probably simple replenishing the nutrients in water would help to get the LC incredibly dense and thick.

How to do that? One idea would be to stick a syringe filled out with let's say 50% karo solution into a jar of normal 4% through a silicone port and just drop a few ml from time to time - every 3 days or so.
Moreover you could even possibly add BRF that way or whatever you want as long as you can push it out through a needle ;).

#34 Guest_milkman59_*

Guest_milkman59_*

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

i love the slurry in a hurry i just pour 30 pints the other day. i accidently over poured. hope it doesnt screw anything up. im hoping to just wipe off the uncolonized parts and skate by that way. im gonna start adding verm for accidents like that.

#35 Guest_mystic_*

Guest_mystic_*

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

:bow::heartbeat:bow:
On the forefront of discovery!
Eat's rocking the myc!
:heart:

#36 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

i love the slurry in a hurry i just pour 30 pints the other day. i accidently over poured. hope it doesnt screw anything up. im hoping to just wipe off the uncolonized parts and skate by that way. im gonna start adding verm for accidents like that.

if you use a spoon. its easy to scoop out the uncolonized parts. just watch out for green is what your looking for. ive not had contams. maybe a bit of wetspot near the bottoms of jars. but as long as you stay an inch or so away from it your fine. spoons work great.

#37 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:21 AM

This thread is off the fucking wall. You are almost making it too easy eats. Beautiful idea and I think Im going to sacrifice a few cakes just to figure this out. I think the thicker the better myself as it wouldn't fuck up your moisture content as much and would spread nearly if not just as far. I am somewhat of newb though so Im just going off my experience with WET substrates. Love the idea and will be trying it. Ill post pics if it succeeds......

#38 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

wow man

looks like your on your way to success

if you could use just one slurried half pint to a tub that would be a radical savings over all the wbs maddness.

I hope it still flushes with the same vigor

wonder if any energy will be lost without the spawn?

#39 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

I've been thinking if slurrified grain spawn would work :eusa_thin?
In my case it's rye.

When it comes to BRF cakes all the nutes seem to be absorbed and therefore shredding such a cake wouldn't expose extra amount of nutes that are easy to contaminate. But I'm a little worried of grain as the mycelium does not penetrate the kernels inside... Therefore shredding the grains might expose extra nutritious matter that might easily contaminate after spawning.

I hope I'm wrong about that, eatyu. Now what do you think?

#40 SunShine47

SunShine47

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

This experiment in details is fanfuckingtastic!:cool:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!