108 replies to this topic

#61 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

How about tossing some sterilized water in a food processor with a pf cake or two and making some real mud for a smaller tub say maybe a 30 qt?

#62 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

How about tossing some sterilized water in a food processor with a pf cake or two and making some real mud for a smaller tub say maybe a 30 qt?

a chance you have small food particles stuck in it. with the blade assemblies and everything like that. you are assured that you have sterility. and that your not wasting your time.

if your going to try it. make sure you dish wash your food processor. then probably wipe down everything on the inside with some 90 percent isopropyl.

#63 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

My food processor has never ever had food in it :amazed:

#64 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:01 PM

My food processor has never ever had food in it :amazed:

id say then that you might be in luck! try it out. but still clean it well. and might just want to keep that processor for this purpose only.

#65 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:20 PM

Nice! I bought it for spawning purposes only. I don't have a dishwasher at this time, she's out of town at the moment :horse:

#66 stimpy

stimpy

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Nice! I bought it for spawning purposes only. I don't have a dishwasher at this time, she's out of town at the moment :horse:

lawlz

#67 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

Very nice, eatyou.

#68 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:24 AM

Before using the food processor, I'd do an Iodophor soak/rinse of all the parts and I'd avoid isopropyl alcohol since it MIGHT etch and weaken the plastic. You can get Iodophor at homebrewing supply shops.

If the alcohol makes the plastic foggy or scratchy, it's eating it. Iodophor is just iodine and water and is neutralized w/ mild heat (plus works better than alcohol). I dip my trays in it before adding substrate and then hit the trays with a shot from my steam cleaner to neutralilze the iodine.

#69 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:28 AM

And long time no see, Bobcat! Hope life's been treating you well...

#70 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

updated pins pics at 1st post.

#71 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

It has, TV, thanks!

#72 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:14 AM

Hell yeah!!

Congrats, man!

update: 3 days into spawning and my tray looks truly promising, all fuzzed up throughoutly even though the temperatures haven't been perfect. I'll try to post some pics in a couple of days but from what I can observe the biggest advantage of it is that nearly whole substrate gets covered in the spawn. The growth seems to be more spread but a little lighter comparing to traditional spawning, nevertherless very promising method. Unfortunately I can't compare two identical trays. I'll make some more trays today probably with plain coir.

#73 pvacant

pvacant

a DeAd BoY

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:40 AM

hey eats, i have some pix to upload of the pans.....BUT.......I don't know how! could you help me out. the "slurry in a hurry" seems to be good. within 12 hrs i could see regrowth. but i don't know how to post it! i have a 24 hr, and a 48 hr pic, tonight i'll take a 72 hr pic too. PM if you like or put it in the thread......thanx

#74 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

hey eats, i have some pix to upload of the pans.....BUT.......I don't know how! could you help me out. the "slurry in a hurry" seems to be good. within 12 hrs i could see regrowth. but i don't know how to post it! i have a 24 hr, and a 48 hr pic, tonight i'll take a 72 hr pic too. PM if you like or put it in the thread......thanx

allright. click reply to post a reply. below the window you will see a button that says manage attachments. click that. then upload the pictures. then if you want to format it just let me know or ill fix it for you. then hit submit reply.

glad you guys are seeing good results. yeah at first i thought it was strange looking the way it was growing. kinda light. but then after day 6. it just fuzzed up and turned super rhizo! just wait till that 7th day and it makes a big change from day 6 to day 7. its quite impressive!

the pins are looking a little slim today. so maybe the yield isn't going to be so good. but still better than a pf cake!

#75 pvacant

pvacant

a DeAd BoY

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

ok here are a few pix using eat's slurry in a hurry tek but with pan cyans. the sub is an unmeasured amount of aged HPoo, course verm, lime, calcium, and gypsum, past. in the oven at 170 for 4 hrs. i then slurried 1 PF 1/2 pint jar to 1 pint sterilized distilled H2O. (I believe this was too much water though, at least for pan myc.) then a 24 hr shot of the sub, wich showed recovery within 12 hrs, but i didn't take a shot of that. then a 48, and a 72 hr pic respectfully. i'll get more pix as it changes. there doesn't seem to be too much of a difference between day 2 and day 3, so i'll only send pix that have more change in growth.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 012.jpg
  • just poured.jpg
  • 48 hrs.jpg
  • 24 hrs.jpg
  • slurry.jpg

Edited by pvacant, 24 July 2009 - 05:07 PM.
that was water H2O, not peroxide H2O2 oops!

#76 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

bingo (lightbulb EXPLODES in caps chamber of secrets :D)
im doin an outdoor show with some asian edible from my bro in law.
got a pint of spawn to extend. thanks man. and thx king strawnet :D:D i forgot about ur new tek! :eusa_danc
thanks a million! this tek is good for mosdt any variety of boomers! not just funny kinds :D

:bow::heart::bow:

#77 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

nice pvacant. you adding a casing to that?

id say after day 2 to day 3 there wasn't much difference until closer to the end of the week for me.

here is some updates.

screwed up the strain. this is a 3rd generation 2nd flush clone off year old tasmanian material. so its really old. and stretched out. but it still worked!

either way, its fruiting now. had some things come up so the tubs had to be moved and the light was much further away. thats why everything is at an angle lol...

Attached Thumbnails

• tasslurrypins.jpg

#78 pvacant

pvacant

a DeAd BoY

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

yeah man i added a casing to it this morning (monday) before work. i however got caught up in a P.torch trip and lost this weekend to oblivion......:puke: well i'm back on track. i'll post some pix when they are ready....but for what it's worth, i belive this tek is OK, and just fine for pan cyans. the myc was a little thin, but recovered quickly, and continued to grow, without any contams thus far.... sorry that i'm a degenerate and couldn't post any other pix.....but MAN was that P.torch awesome !!!!!!! i'll get back as soon as it grows through the casing layer (1/8 - 1/4'' of peat, verm, sand, lime, and oyster shell) until then

#79 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

so for 1 pf cake. and being a 3rd generation 2nd flush clone off more than year old material. im impressed!

Attached Thumbnails

• tasslurrypins7.jpg
  • tasslurrypins4.jpg
  • tasslurrypins5.jpg
  • tasslurrypins6.jpg
  • tasslurrypins3.jpg

#80 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:24 AM