108 replies to this topic

#81 pvacant

pvacant

a DeAd BoY

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

those are curly fruits!!!!
why is that? do they resemble the clone, or was it environmental, or the tek? what do you think? none the less, beautiful!!!

#82 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

those are curly fruits!!!!
why is that? do they resemble the clone, or was it environmental, or the tek? what do you think? none the less, beautiful!!!

yes took them out of the light and out of the fan. this strain will do that at times. usually if co2 builds up. but some of the side holes of polyfil were taken out during fruiting. but the bins had to be kept in low light low airflow area due to life happening. light source kept switching up as well.

some of the fruits are 15" tall. so far from eye judgment. the flush is about 4z. filled the entire dehydrator.

Attached Thumbnails

• tasslurryharvest2.jpg
  • harvest.jpg
  • tasslurryharvest.jpg

#83 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Eats those tubs still look pretty brown! Did I miss something and you cased them or do you expose them to fruiting conditions before the top is 100% colonized? I have a mini 3qt monotub that I exposed to fruiting conditions when the top layer of sub was around 60-70% colonized and it is pinning quite well while still colonizing the top layer. I think the top will be colonized before I harvest. It was a little experiment of mine. What are your thoughts on this? :bow: on your oven pasteurization method by the way, I don't think I will ever go back to a fucking pillowcase again!

#84 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:08 PM

Eats those tubs still look pretty brown! Did I miss something and you cased them or do you expose them to fruiting conditions before the top is 100% colonized? I have a mini 3qt monotub that I exposed to fruiting conditions when the top layer of sub was around 60-70% colonized and it is pinning quite well while still colonizing the top layer. I think the top will be colonized before I harvest. It was a little experiment of mine. What are your thoughts on this? :bow: on your oven pasteurization method by the way, I don't think I will ever go back to a fucking pillowcase again!

which tubs? the pics above of the amazon tub colonizing were not birthed until it was 100% colonized. im not sure which pictures your referring to. they were all birthed once colonization was complete. nothing was cased. just substrate.

cool. yeah i don't so much like to expose the substrate to light and fruiting conditions until its 100% colonized. i suppose its personal preference. some ppl have good results exposing early. ive just never had good results trying it.

also slurry in a hurry tek was the nickname for tv's how to colonize jars in 3 days. slurry tek. slurry spawn tek. whatever you wanna call it. liquid mud spawning tek lmao...

#85 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

Ok i get it, I missed the part where I was supposed to go back and look at the updated pics in the first post. Im not always on top of my game lol. Im trying like hell to only check my tub every 4 days or so to keep light off it.....My first monotub though, it's killing me lol.

#86 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

Ok i get it, I missed the part where I was supposed to go back and look at the updated pics in the first post. Im not always on top of my game lol. Im trying like hell to only check my tub every 4 days or so to keep light off it.....My first monotub though, it's killing me lol.

sorry about the confusion. once the 2nd page started it would no longer allow me to merge new posts to upload the pictures. might just upload em to post one so ppl don't have to scroll the entire thread.

#87 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

sorry about the confusion. once the 2nd page started it would no longer allow me to merge new posts to upload the pictures. might just upload em to post one so ppl don't have to scroll the entire thread.

Good plan, I'm just a little dense sometimes lol.

#88 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

im thinking like this. any newb who has pf jars. can do bulk now instead of just pf jars. seems to be grain is one of the hardest things to grasp when your new at working with the fungi. anyone can mix up some subs with water. put it in a turkey tin. then cook it at 170 for 2.5 hours. then just slurry up the substrate in a tub. and mostly anyone can make pf jars. this is really a tek that i think is great for beginners.

i can slurry a tub and not have to complicate shit with grain jars or even really being clean about it. really its just semi clean. its like skipping a step. and in the instance of my last 2 months of contams. it actually helped get things going waiting on slow spawn to colonize.

i always use pf cakes anyway. i do like 10 masters from one clone syringe via 9er tek. then take 1 of those and slurry it into anywhere from 10 to 100 quart jars of grain. but usually im only doing 10 jars at a time. so really its a waste of that pf cake if your slurrying it. and if you just scrape it with a fork via g2g. your waiting more than a week for your grain jars.

most of the time im tossing out half the pf cake. lately ive been lowering the water content of the slurry so its more muddy in the pf jars. this works well. but can slow growth a little bit in the jars. which isn't bad if the average colonization time for the quart jars is 3 days. also those pf masters are kept in the fridge up to a year. and it takes up less space than quart masters. so anytime i need to slurry quarts or a substrate. i can go right to it. no down time at all. within 3 days have quarts or just slurry that pf cake into a tub now if your lazy and don't like waiting the extra 3 days for grain to colonize. or if your lazy and don't even want to prep grain jars. to me, prepping grain jars is like the most time consuming aspect of this hobby. and you don't have wait to prep the grain jars.

now a days you can do grain without a pressure cooker. using antibacterial grain soaks and then steam the jars for an hour and a half in a pot. the growth doesn't look as vigorous to me, but it still works.

its made pressure cookers obsolete for the beginner home cultivator. now that might be a different story for the bulk cultivator. this is just a simple way of making a pf cake to bulk in a decent time frame. i was looking at it like one pf cake might get me a few grams of yield. while this tub might get me a little more lol..

the idea was that lets say one has a high trich count in the air. and everything is contaming beyond belief as far as grain goes. but, you have a few pf cakes laying around. then you can maximize those pf cakes with what little you have if you have doubts about your grain.

trich was killing me the last 2 months. i tossed out 145 quarts of wbs. ive not done anything different for years and i have upwards of like 6 total jars per year i toss out to contams on the normal flux of things. making 10 quarts of grain a week.

for some reason the clone work and clean work i did was fiine but i tried everything. i tried so many different spawning methods. nothing worked. all wbs grain contamed. nothing else contamed. nothing in any tubs or clones. just the grain. once i switched to popcorn it was 100 percent no contams. but popcorn is expensive.

so i just tested this waiting on spawn to colonize. really just a fun little experiment. meanwhile, dry yield is only 72 grams dry. 2.5 z. which is not bad for 1 pf cake! which is usually my worst yield on a bulk tub that is too dry or some other factor causing issues.

not as good as i wanted the results to be. but this is just a test run. the material being used was rather old. so that accounts for something.

and im tweaking these new tubs. i can care for this next trial tub more bc life isn't in the way. the last one kinda looked like sphagetti....lol..

as far as bulk goes. ill stick with grain jars for the bulk tubs to maximize yield. but in a desperate situation i might use this as a backup plan as i just did. hopefully some fresh genetics might help increase the yield. as far as i can see. its comparable to about 2 quarts of spawn in a bulk tub. but its only 1 pf cake.

might be an interesting test to put a casing layer on this amazon tub. but im just too lazy to pc a casing for an hour.

#89 stimpy

stimpy

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:37 PM

hey now that is impressive i gotta say. Great experimentationization eats.

Maybe try to compare the yield, to a couple quarts of slurry from grain? That would be interesting as well

#90 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

hey now that is impressive i gotta say. Great experimentationization eats.

Maybe try to compare the yield, to a couple quarts of slurry from grain? That would be interesting as well

im worried with wbs grain at least that some of the grain won't colonize all the way through and the inside exposure of the grain might contam. but it might work. never know till you try.

#91 pvacant

pvacant

a DeAd BoY

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

this also seems to be working well for pan cyans. just cased a shoebox, 2 days ago, from one half pint pf cake (with hpoo), slurried, and it's been growing a little thin, but growing without contams. it completely grew into the casing in 2 days. so i would say the mycilium is strong and healthy. not effected too much by the slurrying IMHO. will post pix when it fruits.
  • eatyualive likes this

#92 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

this also seems to be working well for pan cyans. just cased a shoebox, 2 days ago, from one half pint pf cake (with hpoo), slurried, and it's been growing a little thin, but growing without contams. it completely grew into the casing in 2 days. so i would say the mycilium is strong and healthy. not effected too much by the slurrying IMHO. will post pix when it fruits.

awesome!

the amazon tub i have is not pinning yet. also i had a prior tub of it not fruit at all. i think i need to add a casing. but damn im way too lazy to cook it....

#93 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

im worried with wbs grain at least that some of the grain won't colonize all the way through and the inside exposure of the grain might contam. but it might work. never know till you try.

Well it didn't contam for me (I used rye, or brown rice or whatever), it was going pretty well until it stalled so I kinda changed my methods on this slurry-tray that I made.
But that's another story - I think I fucked up the straw, I chopped it so well that the whole substrate got too stiff and heavy and wouldn't colonize properly, but that's my fault.

But grain shouldn't be a problem. If your making a smaller tub, high slurry-spawn ratio should be a killer option to go with. It will colonize really fast.

All just clean, in open air and so on. It's just like spawning but with a little twist:rasta:.

#94 pvacant

pvacant

a DeAd BoY

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:54 PM

ok eats, or anyone else who cares,

i got mature fruits on sunday (08/02), off of the pan cyan slurry in a hurry tek (i think it was 2-3 days in the fruiting chamber). nothing great, about 1/4 of it flushed... BUT, this morning, i couldn't even count the amount of pins, (and Hyph knots) comming up......i have a pic, but i'm having hella computer problems, and it's taking about 5 minutes to do ANYTHING!, so if i can get this fixed i'll upload the pix. however the goal was to see if this tek will work with pans, and the answer is YES. i would however add, that because the myc is rather thin, compared to cubies, the water ratio should be ......perhaps (IMO)......1/2 pint BRF - 1/2 pint H2O, or a 1:1 ratio of slurry. none the less Eats, you created a very easy way to extend pan myc, and obviously cubie myc, without grains! My vote is a YES! thanx:bow:

#95 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:02 PM

ok eats, or anyone else who cares,

i got mature fruits on sunday (08/02), off of the pan cyan slurry in a hurry tek (i think it was 2-3 days in the fruiting chamber). nothing great, about 1/4 of it flushed... BUT, this morning, i couldn't even count the amount of pins, (and Hyph knots) comming up......i have a pic, but i'm having hella computer problems, and it's taking about 5 minutes to do ANYTHING!, so if i can get this fixed i'll upload the pix. however the goal was to see if this tek will work with pans, and the answer is YES. i would however add, that because the myc is rather thin, compared to cubies, the water ratio should be ......perhaps (IMO)......1/2 pint BRF - 1/2 pint H2O, or a 1:1 ratio of slurry. none the less Eats, you created a very easy way to extend pan myc, and obviously cubie myc, without grains! My vote is a YES! thanx:bow:

yea id agree with your ratio. also id even say with cubes you could lower it too. nice job man thanks for testing it!

#96 Guest_potatoskill_*

Guest_potatoskill_*

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:22 PM

great tek indeed! but i dunno.. i find it easier to prep rye than to prep PF jars.. all that rice grinding, and getting the moisture content right can sometimes be tricky..

#97 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:06 AM

great tek indeed! but i dunno.. i find it easier to prep rye than to prep PF jars.. all that rice grinding, and getting the moisture content right can sometimes be tricky..

I just buy brown rice flour at the health food store, mix w/ verm and water, squeeze to test the sound and see how much water drops out, add more verm or water to make it sound and feel just right (that's how I adjust moisture content), jar it up, PC it, and go. I'm not so concerned about having the highest quality rice flour since it's only a step along the way, but for fruiting off BRF jars directly, I would consider grinding my own rice.

I use an electric mixer to speed it all up even more, so I can make a dozen BRF half-pints in 20 minutes plus an hour in the PC. If doing a multispore grow, I get a dozen colonized jars two weeks later, and up to 120 colonized quarts 4 days after that (or 240 quarts in 7-8 days -theoretically-). 120 quarts ready to spawn only 18 days after starting from spores ain't bad IMO...

#98 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

well not the best flush. but still 2nd flush

the amazon tub was stalling out so a casing was added. it happened on another flush with regular spawn as well. probably an old print.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2ndslurrytex.jpg

#99 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:27 AM

2nd flush is coming along. appears the yield is going to be bigger than 1st flush.

these are some monsters. off one pf cake!

now the pics might be deceiving. the fruits are hollow stemmed. not as dense as usual.

Attached Thumbnails

• tas2ndflush2slurrytope.jpg
  • tas2ndflushslurrytope.jpg
  • tas2ndslurrytope.jpg

#100 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

2nd flush 81 grams dry.