• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 plantman21

plantman21

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

So my garden has been getting attacked by 13 lined ground squirrels. They seem to only go for my chedder cauliflower and my broccoli. If any one else has ground squirrel problems may I suggest filling a milk jug with water, waiting to see the target, chase the target to the hole, place the opening of the jug in the hole to start flooding. POOF it is like magik. Squirrel in a jug. They generally get out the same way they went in. I let them go miles away from my home at a local graveyard.:pirate:
I hope this helps the others troubled by the 13 lined ground squirrel.
Plantman

#2 420j4u

420j4u

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

Sorry, just made me think of Caddy Shack

Attached Thumbnails

• caddyshack.jpg

#3 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

looks like a chipmunk

Posted Image

#4 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,651 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:06 AM

This squirrel after eating some Amanita muscaria at greenlake in Seattle ran up my leg and almost got my nuts.
A true tale of the shroom:
Here is the Amanita that two squirrels were nibbling on and the playing and frolicking in the trees and falling to the ground and wrestling with one another playfully. Tumbling and rolling all around.
am25abc.jpg
And the squirrel who almost ate my nuts.
squirrel5abc.jpg
mjshroomer

#5 Phx

Phx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:12 AM

Sorry for running threads together but well ground squrrel/chipmunks taste good too. If you have the time you can clean them. All squirrels are a lot of work to clean. But taste good.

#6 marmy

marmy

riding the roller coaster

• Expired Member
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:26 AM

My foaf has been burrying their spent or contam substrate around the back 40 acers. Been noticing a few been sprouting i have been told.. with nibble marks on em....

Sharing the love

#7 wendal

wendal

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

If your looking to kill them, bury a small bucket so the top is a couple inches up from ground level. Fill bucket half up with water. Add enough black sunflower seeds so that the water is covered(they float). You will drown at least a few every night you leave this set up out.

Or you can try trapping them. Peanut butter and sunflower makes good bait.

Good luck.

I've been battling with chipmunks for the past couple years. After trying every humane way posible to get rid of them , I've concluded the only way to really make a dent in the population is the kill the little buggers. :(

#8 growurown

growurown

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:29 PM

i grew up at my grandpas and some of my oldest memories are shoting them out of the dining room window with his old bengerman. Still have the gun. It looks really nice still but cant hold a charge for more then a few seconds. Would really like to fix it but havent looked for repair kit. dont know if they even make them.
I think the best way to deal with them is to kill them. You wont drive them to extinction i promise.
there not as bad as the pocket gopher. they can really fuck a yard up.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!