52 replies to this topic

#1 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:35 AM

Dont take this the wrong way. I love my dogs and they love me. They get fed well and treated better than I treat myself..... but I wanted to see what kind of punk they like. In the past hour they have listened to a lot of punk.

The likes:
Pennywise-Homesick
NOFX- The longest Line
Offspring-You're Gonna Go far kid
Lagwagon-Violins
Lagwagon-Bury the Hatchet
Face to Face-1000X

No likes:

Lawgwagon-bombs away
Nofx-Disconnected
Pennywise-Bro Hymn
Pennywise-Homesick

This was not a violent experiment or a demeaning experiment in any way I just took the time to notice what they like in the past hour or so. Some songs they were around for some they weren't there for. It was kind of weird. Im sure their are a lot of people here that don't listen to punk and don't give a shit what I'm talkiing about....The border collie likes punk more than the lab/hungarian hound if that makes any sense......

#2 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:57 AM

there might be more punks here than you think:reb:

#3 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:42 AM

Sweet. I love all kinds of music but Im an 80's and 90's punk at heart....:heartbeat

#4 weeeeeee

weeeeeee

humanoid

• Expired Member
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

yep punk blood has flown through these veins since birth though aside from some misfits and afi my musical tastes have completely evolved im still the same old punk deep down inside

#5 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

I was into punk music quite a few years ago,was a drummer in a band.I miss the double kick peddle some day's.Some pretty good memories from those times,some rough ones too.Bands like T.S.O.L,,,D.F.L,,Black flag,Anti Flag Bad Religion,The Exploited,Misfits,Sex Pistols,The Ramones,Dead Kennedy's,The Clash,Suicidel Tendencies,The Vandals,just to name a few,"there are so many"were some of the bands I listen/ed too.

#6 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

:headbang:

#7 Guest_mystic_*

Guest_mystic_*

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

*Blushes* Even I like punk but old school punk mostly.

rJnWAStmz0A

#8 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

can't forget any of these...

one of the best songs ever made

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-VyWe0sm0I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-VyWe0sm0I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

albums:

bad religion:

no control
suffer
against the grain
recipe for hate
all ages
generator

descendants milo goes to college

toasters in retrospect

nofx:

white trash two heebs and a bean

punk in drublic

i heard they suck live

ribbed

aquabats:

the fury of the aquabats

lagwagon:

trashed

agent orange:

living in darkness

gals panic:

i think we need helicopters: oldskool texas ska/punk band

Mad Caddies: saw these guys with nofx.

Keep it going

misfits plan 9

King Django

Voodoo Glow Skulls: firme

Dead Kennedy's Give me convenience or give me death

#9 weeeeeee

weeeeeee

humanoid

• Expired Member
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:07 AM

no Operation Ivy????!? i guess they are more skaish but fuck it still the shit im lovin this thread today kind of a blast from not too distant past for me

UVtG0J4k3O4&feature=related

#10 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

Yeah operation ivy. self titled!

unity is a killer song!

#11 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

Fuck yeah, I love some Me First and the Gimme Gimme covers to!
I really like folk punk to. Defiance, Ohio is AWESOME! They played in our living room once. That was pretty rockin'.

#12 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

Operation Ivy is the shit! My favorite is Hoboken New Jersey.

I messed up in my first post, Disconnected was written/performed by Face to Face.

Me first and the gimme gimmes are cool too. Fun cover band

Here is a good punk cover:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yS1M6ODpdV4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yS1M6ODpdV4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cool song too:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcS0NzoSJcU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcS0NzoSJcU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by eatyualive, 04 August 2009 - 01:59 AM.
format

#13 illumine

illumine

turning on the light

• Expired Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

I used to be into punk big time when I was a lot younger. My musical tastes have evolved, but I still listen to the good stuff from time to time.

It is kind of ska, but I LOVE Less Than Jake. I'm a Florida boy, and they are from Gainesville, so they play here a lot and used to be fairly well known. I've been a LTJ fan since middle school, and I actually was driving through Tallahassee, FL a couple years ago and just happened to pass a bar that had "Less Than Jake - Tonight" on the sign. I freaked! I got a hotel room and stayed in town for the night just to see the show. My girl and I had been on the jam band scene for a while at the time, and it was great to take her to a punk rock show :). She had never seen such a thing.

I like Strung Out. They have one of the best guitar players in punk rock.

I also really like old Ann Beretta and Hot Water Music. I really like the newer AFI stuff actually - starting with "Sing the Sorrow".

#14 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

Fuck yeah Strung Out is great to. Hot Water Music is cool to, and I really like the Alkaline Trio's album Goddamnit! and their s/t also.
I'm not as much of a new AFI fan as an old. I have everything from Answer That and Stay Fashionable through Art of Drowning. The Nephilim is such an excellent song. Love that bass intro!

#15 nepenthes_ak

nepenthes_ak

Wanderlust King

• Expired Member
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

:loveeyes:

Theirs a photo around here some where of me and my ex with our hawks up; serious hawks not those half assed ones you see kids running around with.

I like most punk You guys should check out a few local bands in my area, Leg Bone, and Lumber Jack Death Squad. Punk is all I listen too, or any kind of music that has a punk attitude, like Gogol Bordello. I like a few of the heavier bands, like Leftover Crack, AppalachianTerror Unit.

Any one still have their leather jackets?

#16 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

Fuck yeah Leftover Crack! No such thing though! Choking Victim was reallllly bad ass also.

#17 nepenthes_ak

nepenthes_ak

Wanderlust King

• Expired Member
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

Fuck Yea man! You get down to The Forgotten or Lower Class Brats at all?

#18 tbonus

tbonus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

I'm an old school skater from the 80's and used to love punk.We used to skate to TSOL,Black Flag,Husker Du,Butthole Surfers,Sex Pistols,etc....The list goes on & on.Glad to hear your dogs liks some punk.ROCK ON!!!!!

#19 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

How can you talk about old school punk with out throwing FEAR into the mix

Love the cover of Lets Have a War that Maynard and A Perfect Circle covered on Emotive

Got down with some Minor Threat alot too.

PBK

#20 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:22 PM

:eusa_clap nice to see yous punx come out in force and talking about OS punk. Have to toss a few more band names though; how about The Germs, 7 seconds, Guttermouth, Bad Brains, Descentents, Iggy Pop, NY Dolls, Patti Smith, The Clash, The Fall, Screeching Weasel, The Freeze, Naked Raygun, The Meatmen, Fear. . . . Alright I gotta stop this list could get long.

Got down with some Minor Threat alot too.

Though I also like this band I think it's kind of funny to mention them on this board, considering what they stood for

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!