Fisana

- - - - -

Amsterdam [merged]

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_afraid_*

Guest_afraid_*

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:43 AM

Whoo..I'll be in Amsterdam next weekend and plan to make it the best damn (no pun intended) 3 days of my life. I know several members have been. If you got some favorite shops or sites please share!

Peace
-AoA

#2 nerve

nerve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:16 PM

Lil tiny shop called The Grey Area had clean glass bongs on hand for customers to smoke their selections in. Nice little shop.

#3 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,002 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:38 PM

Stoney's if they are still open... hot chicks behind the bar and a wonderful smoke menu!

#4 Guest_afraid_*

Guest_afraid_*

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:48 PM

Cool I've heard Grey Area I'll check that out. Amnesia is right around the corner but hear that they are pricey.

Grasshoppa reccomended "Dampkring" Looks like a cool place and they filmed a scene from Oceans 12 there.

Peace
-AoA

#5 nerve

nerve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:57 PM

Yeah Dampkring was good.

I'm trying to remember the *names* of places to go. I remember tons of cool chill spots but i was so fucked remembering the name of every shop i was in is real tough lol.

I've suggested this before too in similar threads...

I HIGHLY recommend the Cannabis College. Very cool. On the top floor is sort of a cannabis museum with all sorts of information about the plant. Downstairs is the garden, and for something like 2 Euros you can go down into the garden area with tons of dank growing and ask an extremely experienced grower ANY question about the plants or growing that you please!

Also highly recommended is the Van Gogh musem. Smoke some fine hash and go enjoy the museum.

Have fun on your Trip AoA.

#6 Guest_freedom_*

Guest_freedom_*

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:23 PM

Haarlem - small coffees but friendly prices and not far from seePosted Image

#7 xray

xray

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:54 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Whoo..I'll be in Amsterdam<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

You and me both.

I will be arriving on the 27 of December and going back home on the 16 of January. 20 days I'm so excited.

I will be staying in this chill flat practically right above Amnesia on Herengracht. It would be cool if we could meet up. I don't think our dates overlap though.

Definitely pick up your buds at the Grey Area they have very good quality and great prices. Pick up some greyberry at €7.50 / Gram or just pick up an American style 1/8 the only place you can buy one in the Dam. If Grey Area is too packed which is likely. (It's the smallest CS in A'dam.) around the corner is Amnesia.

I'll send you some info on restaurants Coffee Shops Points Of Interest etc...

Check out the forum on this site. Alot of good information from A'dam pros. Don't mind all of the B.S. just go for the information.

Enjoi Mokum (!)
http://www.channels.nl/

#8 Guest_phungi_*

Guest_phungi_*

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:51 AM

My buddy went to Amsterdam and brought back a shirt for me from The Doors Palace coffeeshop. He said it was a cool place and even more cool if you are into THe Doors. I think if you have the time you should check it out. It would be my second stop in amsterdam, the first being the first Shop I see after ariveing of course.

#9 mycojay

mycojay

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:42 AM

I will be going in the fall next year and am starting to plan. Any recomendations where to stay and pricing???

#10 Guest_afraid_*

Guest_afraid_*

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:14 AM

the first being the first Shop I see after ariveing of course.

Yeah my first stop will be central cafe. It's basically the first shop you see when you get out of central station. Suprisingly it seems that mostly locals use this shop. Unlike most other shops, WYSIWYG. You get to look through the guys "wood box" of herb and pick the actual package you want instead of just choosing from a menu.

Peace
-AoA

#11 Guest_afraid_*

Guest_afraid_*

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:17 AM

Any recomendations where to stay and pricing???

I'm staying at a hostel called "The White Tulip". It runs about $21 a night. It's on Warmoesstraat st. which is next to several coffee shops (next to "sheeba", "stones cafe", "route 66") and the red light district is one block behind it. I'll let you know how it is.

Peace
-AoA

(Message edited by afraidofamerica on December 09, 2004)

#12 Guest_pbeester_*

Guest_pbeester_*

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:48 AM

Amnesia is cool...

#13 xray

xray

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:24 PM

Yeah my first stop will be central cafe.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Right on the money, this should definitely be your first stop, They have great prices as well.

Check out the B-52 €25.00 / 5 Gram or €12.50 / 2.5 Gram Can't beat that price in Centrum

Heres a link to some menus:
http://192.148.252.2....html#Amsterdam

#14 theshadow7478

theshadow7478

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 05:53 PM

I will be there also around jan 10-jan 13. I am staying right outside the red light district. I will do other things besides checking out coffee shops tho. Dont know what yet tho....

#15 candykid420

candykid420

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:32 PM

I was curious about the mushroom market. Ive always wanted to see actual mushrooms packaged for sale. anyone got pictures of this? also, what are the prices and varieties of mushies you can buy there?

#16 Guest_cheffy_*

Guest_cheffy_*

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:27 PM

This was one of several places of its kind, some of the currio shops also had fresh mushies. As I remember they were a bit over priced tough, about 20 euros for about an ounce of fresh.

Posted Image

MY favorite coffee shop was Baba, just as you walk into the redlight dist from the Dam square area. It was a col place. Abraxxas was way cool too, the chick behind the counter was a machine at taking care of customers, no movement she made was wasted. It was quite impressive.
To the north of Dam sq. a couple of blocks back is a place called the double reggae, the place has money curtains hanging all over the place. Oh hell , theyre all fun , you cant halp but have a good time.

#17 Guest_cheffy_*

Guest_cheffy_*

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:33 PM

Yeah my first stop will be central cafe. It's basically the first shop you see when you get out of central station. Suprisingly it seems that mostly locals use this shop. Unlike most other shops, WYSIWYG. You get to look through the guys "wood box" of herb and pick the actual package you want instead of just choosing from a menu<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Actually that is the first place I went in on the first trip I made there....I remember that "wood box" funny I dont remember much after that......

#18 candykid420

candykid420

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:14 AM

thsanks for the pic, cheffy! those packages are way cool Posted Image

#19 Guest_hangover_*

Guest_hangover_*

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:53 PM

That has to be the coolest city in the world. I'm going there sometime. I dont know when, but I will.

#20 mycojay

mycojay

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:13 AM

any other suggestions for places to stay looks like my "trip" will be on spring break 05 yeah baby can't wait to make my pilgrimage to the holy land

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!