Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

pins came early? before 100% colonization ?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 {Mr}fLoYd

{Mr}fLoYd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:55 PM

Yeah D8 i was wondering why the caps were so small they should be very larger for the stem length. the wavy stems may be because they are bending to the light source which is only one one side and they get flipped side to side every time i photo and put them back in so they zig zag a bit. i thought 30 minutes of fresh air every ninty minutes would be enough but ill put the bubbler on for an hour every couple of hours and see if it does any thing. they grow tall as hell but dont have the caps to match certainly. busy weekend so i dont know when more pics will come about maybee tomorow

#62 {Mr}fLoYd

{Mr}fLoYd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:09 AM

Rolling along for flush #2 ...

I picked all the mushrooms and aborts then scraped off any very small aborts and gave the spwn a soak. i used cold water with a splash of bleach. the mycelium had gotten very dry but it only took about 2 and a half hours to become fully hydrated again (gotta love peat and verm)

the same day i dunked the spwn i also prepped a casing of about 70/30 verm peat with a sprinkle of lime. the spwn went back into the fruiting chamber for about 20 hrs while the casing cooled.

on tuesday i cased and had noticed that the mycelium had already begun to recover very well and there were some large knots in it. i incubated the cased tray for about 30 hrs and when i poked my head in today to give the tray a misting there were about 6 or 8 pins breaking through the casing. the only thing is there is almost no mycelial colonization on the casing. oh well im gonna run with it and let the pins grow and see how the casing colonizes i can always let it incubate in the dark if no more pins form after the mushies grow out.

if anyone thinks i should just harvest the pins and turn the casing back into incubation mode to promote a better second flush let me know .. damn EQ mycelium is harder than stone to abuse lol.

temps - 75-78F
Air exchange 60 minutes on 30 minutes off

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0739.jpg
  • 100_0735.jpg
  • 100_0738.jpg

#63 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:12 PM

Let 'er go man, things are looking great!

#64 duncan

duncan

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

Looks good dude! I have a pan of EQ which has dipped into the 60's in the fc. Still fruited some nice shrooms. Not my doing but they did grow. Had to move on to another life altering experience. Now I am working with quail eggs, incubators , brooder and a raising pen for them.

muhahahaha

#65 {Mr}fLoYd

{Mr}fLoYd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:48 PM

Yup i think ill have some fatties this flush ...

air exchange : 90 minutes on 30 minutes off
Temps 75-79F

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0741.jpg
  • 100_0742.jpg
  • 100_0740.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!