26 replies to this topic

#21 ethnobotanica

ethnobotanica

Botanical-manical

• Expired Member
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:07 PM

I discovered that what you want to look for is "White Spirits"

Have you had good results using white spirits??

#22 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

I've never done an extraction like that. I just sourced out the solvent.

#23 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

Have you had good results using white spirits??

White spirit takes so much time to evaperate it is ridiculous. I have used it and I would not use it again. Ronsonal is very good and if you go to a big supermarket chain that bigins with "T" and rymes with "pesco" you can get 133ml for just £1.10.

#24 mrblood

mrblood

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:46 AM

Hello chaps,

SWIM recently embarked on his 1st DMT extraction here in the UK. He hit a few snags gathering all the materials as there seems to be a lot of conflicting advice out there, probably a lot to do with the different products available in the UK/USA/elsewhere. VM&P naptha isn't avaliable here so finding a decent solvent was a real ache. Hopefully the following will save people some effort (and money) when starting out...

In the UK the best naphtha alternative is Colemans camping fuel. SWIM found it evaps quickly and with absolutely no residue. Its not super cheap but its easily available at nationwide outdoor sport shops.

Heres some of the stuff SWIM found recommended on the various forums that isn't worth bothering with:

Zippo lighter fuel: £3 for 125ml and leaves plenty of undesirables
Ronsonol lighter fuel: same as above
Bartoline premium low odour white spirit: available at B&Q, evaps clean but takes FOREVER to do this
winsor & newton artists white spirit: same as above, also MSDS says it contains <2% aromatics which i understand pull out pigments you're not after if you want white DMT
Primus camping fuel: quick evap, easy to find but leaves a greasy residue
Aspen 4T: didnt try as it contains benzine, not for you unless you like cancer
Behlen Naptha: looks like good stuff but not in stock currently, don't know if it ever is plus you'd have to order online with credit card

Also, there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the country that supplies bestine/heptane for recrystalisation. Theres a spanish supplier that will ship to UK but 60euros for about half a litre which sucks! If anyone has got a source please share!
  • butters100 likes this

#25 zodd

zodd

walk towards the light

• Expired Member
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

thanks for this mr blood.

ive had my mhrb for two years now, the only thing still holding me back is access to a freezer and sourcing neptha.

ruddy awesome that you took the time to post your experiences for us in this thread. im sure im not the only Brit that this will help immensely.:hippie::heart:

thanks again

zodd

#26 Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Very timeley post thanks! Iv been trying to source some bits n pieces for my first extraction, getting hold of naphtha in the uk seemed like a minefield, will be heading out to a camping shop looking for Colemans!

#27 UK Explorer

UK Explorer

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Mistral Chemicals, they have a few sites but the Northern Island one had some when I was in market for a while back. Laboratory grade, clean as a whistle, I opted for Hexane at the time. No questions asked.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!