• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• VIP
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

I have a old Thai lipa syringe (about 1 year) and I can see definate strands of mycelium. I made the syringe myself and nothing was added for nutrients only tap water and spores.

Anyone else experience this before or if it's possible ?

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• 40,568 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

common

#3 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• VIP
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

Oh, didn't know that. I guess that is why my LC failed when I tried last year, put far too much honey in the water. I guess less than a drop of honey per 10ml syringe could produce lots of mycelium growth.

I can now say I finaly made my own LC, even if it was by accident :lol:

#4 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

Mycotopiate

• App Administrator
  • 8,055 posts

Donator

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

the spores themselves contain enough food energy to germinate in water. i forget what they are called now, but one can see the food sacks with a 100x scope.

#5 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• VIP
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

Good to know The_chosen_one. I'm going to attempt some more LC now I have seen this. If I can do it by accident then the chances are good I can do it intentionally.

#6 Guest_Boboso_*

Guest_Boboso_*

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

Hell yeah they can! I have a syringe that has visible white segments sitting in my closet now... I'm hoping it's still alive on Sunday...

#7 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

Prone to ranting....

• Validating
  • 8,877 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

Very common with tap water. Lots of nutes in "average" tap water to initiate growth - just not enough to finish up!

Best to make syringes with distilled water and keep 'em refrigerated (it still happens, but not as often).

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• 40,568 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

Hell yeah they can! I have a syringe that has visible white segments sitting in my closet now... I'm hoping it's still alive on Sunday...

refrigerate

#9 Guest_Boboso_*

Guest_Boboso_*

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

refrigerate

I wish I could, but the bad economy put me in mom's basement. I wouldn't want to deal with the crazy questions...

"No mom, it isn't heroin, but I am committing a felony in your basement..."

#10 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

Prone to ranting....

• Validating
  • 8,877 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:37 PM

I wish I could, but the bad economy put me in mom's basement. I wouldn't want to deal with the crazy questions...

"No mom, it isn't heroin, but I am committing a felony in your basement..."

Really uncool to involve someone in a felonious criminal enterprise without their knowledge, man.

Mucho bad karma...

#11 Guest_Boboso_*

Guest_Boboso_*

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

Very temp... Working some angles to get myself back out to do my own thing... The Montgomery GI Bill has been restructured so it includes money for housing... I'm gonna go back to school for a degree in electrical engineering... That'll cover school and most of my cost of living. I do feel bad for doing this, but at the same time... Without a hobby, I'd go crazy here...

Can only rape COD4 servers with clanmates so long before everyone gets bored...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: germinate, spores, water

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!