Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Weeds - the series on Showtime.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Weeds (the series on Showtime) - getting better or worse?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Weeds (the series on Showtime) - getting better or worse?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:19 PM

Had a great drunken debate with a friend of mine over the weekend. He made some incredibly good points and I wanna hear from some other folks.

I don't want to color any responses by stating my feelings - I want to hear yours.

What'cha think?

#2 nepenthes_ak

nepenthes_ak

Wanderlust King

• Expired Member
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

I like weeds, Ive only seen the first season but from their it was good. But I have no idea how its progressed.

#3 Jaspmf

Jaspmf

Watchin em' grow

• Expired Member
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

I love weeds.

Had watched it a few years ago, but never really got into it.

I recently acquired up to season 4, watched it all in about 3 weeks.

Whether or not it's getting better is kinda hard to say. I dunno how I feel about after the move and whatnot.

It's definitely getting more complicated, and shes getting deeper and deeper.

I sorta like the outline of it though. Cool how nancy just keeps digging a deeper and deeper grave. Getting further and further in. Sorta a cool ?metaphor? for drugs(dealing) in general.

#4 ifyoucouldsee

ifyoucouldsee

I'm a igloo

• Expired Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:33 AM

It's gotten worse...
I only enjoy some episodes
Kevin Nealon is kickass.

#5 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,246 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

WEAK.

i gritted my teeth through about 3 episodes before the cliched stereotypes (is that redundant?) and weak storylines became unbearable.

just my .02

#6 s0mer4ndom1diot

s0mer4ndom1diot

Day Tripper

• Expired Member
  • 773 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

o... we're out of cheese...

#7 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:50 AM

I've only watched up to the fire, but i rather feel like it's getting worse. This is mostly because i feel like the main character is getting less sympathetic and likable as time goes on, so i'm no longer really caring if she gets out of the outrageous situations she gets into.

I agree that Kevin Nealon is indeed, kickass. :)

#8 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:41 AM

I have seen the series up through episode 8 of this season. I like the show myself, and I suppose I liked it better when it was a MILF dealing herb to interesting characters. But it is still damn funny and better than most anything else on TV. I don't want to give the story away for those not up to speed, so I will stop there. I would say it is about the same in terms of quality--good acting, witty writing.

#9 Jose_sixpac

Jose_sixpac

Djembe~Woof

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:41 AM

How do I get an EL-bow of dat dank ass MILFweed?
AND:
Can I get it to go wit sum stinky red haired Milfy milf on top pleaze?
He likes it! Hey Snoopy!

They changed writers in the 4th season...since then, its dive dive dive.

Kevin saves the show; that banjo playin while rome is burning and jesus freaka'sis goin all nark-a-bibla-istic on the good herb, was a hoot.

as far as the vato's I told milfy not to burn um, but she did, her nature an all.

the show is reminding me of burn...but without the paydayz johnny was cashing in on.

#10 firerat

firerat

Very Hoppy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,882 posts

Donator

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:00 AM

First season was great.

Down hill from there. I haven't really watched it this season at all.

#11 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:18 AM

I agree.I liked the first season,but I quickly lost interest...:weedpoke:

#12 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

"Ideal" is better than "Weeds" IMO

#13 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:05 AM

love this show. not sure where they going now. This season is ok but its lacking something but i dunno what. still good show to watch.

#14 RestartLater

RestartLater

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

Weeds was humorous during the 4 seasons! But now they have turned it into a glorified soap opera to me any way..... Along with more negative under tones of MJ.

RestartLater

#15 toadshroom

toadshroom

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

i voted it's getting worse. Haven't seen this season yet, just finished the last episode of last season a few nights ago and nancy is prego...wtf? Last season kinda went downhill about every episode imo

#16 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:32 PM

I like it. I am actually rather surprised at all the negative reactions listed above. Maybe I live in a different world, but I see the show addressing lots of issues associated with marijuana. I like how at first she had to contend with small time thugs and gangstas, and how when she gets even deeper into it she has to deal with the Mexican mafia. The show would have truely become a soap opera if they'd gone north instead of south, gotta have some sort of protagonist, right?

I think my favorite episode is the ayahuasca one towards the end of the 4th season.

BTW if the show just involved Mary Loise-Parker strutting around I'd be ok with that too :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:

#17 Jaspmf

Jaspmf

Watchin em' grow

• Expired Member
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

I totally agree with everyone loving kevin nealon though. Hes by far the best character on the show.

Him and U-turn. Uturn HILARIOUS.

#18 FieldofShrooms

FieldofShrooms

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 95 posts

Donator

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

Agree on Kevin Nealon...banjo playing was funny, but the episode in season 4 where he writes the letter to his ex-wife..I didn't see the end of that scene coming...HA!

#19 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

BTW if the show just involved Mary Loise-Parker strutting around I'd be ok with that too :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:

Ain't that the truth. Mary Louise-Parker is stunningly beautiful. I LOVE the promotional posters with her in lingerie...and that tub scene was real, real nice...

I have a thing for that crooked smile/minor speech impediment thing. Patrica Arquette and Kyra Sedgwick also turn the proverbial crank for me.

#20 Guest_Boboso_*

Guest_Boboso_*

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

Weeds is great, but I'm already addicted to HUNG! That shit is ridiculous... He went from porking a fattie to trying to please the unpleasable! He was comparing her to the restaurant customers that complain about hair in food for a free dinner!:horse:

I love Showtime... It took over as soon as The Sapranos was over... Although the Tudors is a great show...can't wait for the next season!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!