Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Weeds - the series on Showtime.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Weeds (the series on Showtime) - getting better or worse?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Weeds (the series on Showtime) - getting better or worse?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 DRAGONFLY

DRAGONFLY

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:14 PM

Weeds is the SHIT!! I have season 1 & 2 on DVD. Unfortunally I can't watch season 5 and it sucks. I LOVE Weeds!!

#22 TheObserver

TheObserver

Make em' say Umph!

• OG VIP
  • 1,176 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:50 AM

watched an episode for the first time with some friends and the only time it caught my attention while i was laughing at all the funny shit ppl were saying was the boobies... BOOBIES i saY!

#23 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

Downhill. It's okay to watch when I'm bored, but the story keeps getting more and more outrageous, and I don't care for all the mafia crap. Wish she would have stuck more to growing weed, but I guess they need some kinda nutty story to keep it running so long. I never cared for the Sopranos, Lost, or any of those soap opera type series, because I like some kind of resolution when I get done watching something, not just more crazy ass bullshit to wait a week or more to find out about. Just cause it's on in the evening doesn't make me like soap operas any more, although at least they have better actors in those type series..

#24 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Has anyone here watched "Ideal"? Much funnier than "Weeds" IMHO. Cartoonhead is fucking nuts!

#25 firerat

firerat

Very Hoppy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,882 posts

Donator

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:45 AM

Has anyone here watched "Ideal"? Much funnier than "Weeds" IMHO. Cartoonhead is fucking nuts!

What is Ideal? What network?

Never heard of it before this thread.

#26 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:12 PM

What is Ideal? What network?

Never heard of it before this thread.

It's a BBC show. I get it on IFC network. http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b006w7b3 http://en.wikipedia....eal_(TV_series) If you google it you will get more info. Funny as hell...and addictive too!

Edited by dead_diver, 10 August 2009 - 12:14 PM.
add link

#27 Skinny McPhatty

Skinny McPhatty

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:07 AM

First two seasons were gold. Third was cheesy but funny. STRAIGHT down the tubes from there. Is this show even about weed anymore? And don't get me started about the writing. My guess is that there was a serious walkout of creative talent. As a diehard fan of Mary Louise Parker and weed, I'm very disapointed.

#28 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

Okay, been a week, I'm gonna weigh in on my poll.

I think Weeds has gotten a lot better over the years as the show has developed.

When ya get into the illegal production biz for cash (instead of head stash and barter materials), ya tend to get dragged deeper into the biz. I've seen that shit happen time and time and time again at this point. Qualified chemists who also sell end up sponsored - that is how the game works.

For Nancy to still be selling MILF-weed would be totally unrealistic (IMHO) and it would be boring. To see how it has grown beyond her control and begun to involve every member of her immediate circle rings very true IME.

#29 Jaspmf

Jaspmf

Watchin em' grow

• Expired Member
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

Agreed.:weedpoke:

#30 TopiaJunky

TopiaJunky

Im2HiWatBoutU

• Expired Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

I love'd the show, from day 1. ;P

#31 pizark2

pizark2

hallucinaginusinghooligan

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Love the bubble hash she's making now!

#32 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

Also - I mean it goes without saying - but Mary Louise Parker is so incredibly beautiful...that crooked smile gets me ever time.

I think it's still a kick ass show that has gotten better with age.

Shane beating that Pilar bitch down was friggin' incredible. They could never have done that in the 1st or 2nd season - Shane was still a relatively normal kid at that point.

IMO, Breaking Bad is better, but it has progressed in a similar way with the character development arcs. Walt can get away with lots of stuff now that never would have worked if we hadn't watched his character develop/degrade/change over the full arc.

#33 pizark2

pizark2

hallucinaginusinghooligan

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

I am aching for the new breaking bad season
My shows are weeds,BB,and Dexter-all worth watching

#34 psylocaria

psylocaria

Search for understanding

• Free Member
  • 554 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

It's had it's ups and downs, but all in all funny family entertainment. Sad to see Nancy give herself up.

#35 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:55 PM

Dexter is also a show that kicks much ass because of the incredible character arcs and change we have watched them go through. Good call there.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!