• Expired Member
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

hows about (Ojello S'agar)
catchy no :eusa_shif

#42 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

umm thats weird i only got 3-5 green dishes out of about 24 or so and one was very spotted ....prolly cause towards the ends before they fruited i was checking sometime with turning on the flow hood, before opening the plastic shoe boxes ...and i used fresh dishes from my local discount warehouse.(8$) for like 12 ...used my centrifuge fan powered HEPA flow hood while inoc. the dishes with some kinda of tissue ....no spores i never tried it ..i haven't used those things since i made my first LC.
i'm thinking ur transfer of spores to the dishes was the problem....i have used agar agar with spores and had nothing white ever showed/but did have about the same percentage go bad as you and i was a glove box then(no flow hood)...my shit was first agar to work for me but i used clone tissue from fruits all the time and no more spores, but ...just trying too give more of wat i did...so u can figure out why urs went green.

Edited by valleyofmushies, 29 December 2009 - 07:03 PM.
had to add the 3-5 out of 24 or so part ...big for bumper to know my fail percentage

#43 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:57 PM

oh and i did this in a room temp ...my room...kinda dirty...was also fruiting room but not incubating room.... worked great then at my old apt. just moved tho, hope my room gets as hot as the last in this coming summer . :)
i never put them in a incubator just thru a shirt on the plastic tubs and left it in front of the flow hood to turn on when checking on em...... how hot is ur incubator bumper

#44 Leftover Salmon

Leftover Salmon

Bold as Love

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

:bow: Thank you :bow:

#45 bumber

bumber

Sporocarpus Fruiticus

• Expired Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:51 AM

oh and i did this in a room temp ...my room...kinda dirty...was also fruiting room but not incubating room.... worked great then at my old apt. just moved tho, hope my room gets as hot as the last in this coming summer . :)
i never put them in a incubator just thru a shirt on the plastic tubs and left it in front of the flow hood to turn on when checking on em...... how hot is ur incubator bumper

80-84F

the only place i got green mold was on the paper on the outside of the jar...probly a spore stuck to the wet paper after PCing. I do everything in a glovebox and have really good rates, i think it was just cause the spore syringes had been through hell is why they didnt work.

#46 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:17 AM

ok cool cause i fully endorse this tek as working as is.
but i will try real soon with a sugar additive like karo or something else as mentioned by someone else in the above posts.
there is something like karo i think that i saw the other day in kroger's i'm gonna check it out...... it was on the oriental isle and was a sweetener and i think i remembered its name from this site, or a book one.

#47 zodd

zodd

walk towards the light

• Expired Member
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:39 AM

im buying the stuff to give this a try so don’t right it off just yet. i don’t see why oat meal would not have all the goodies needed for spore germination. its loaded with healthy good stuff.

i would think that the more sugar you add the more contamination you will see as the contaminants will just have more to chew on.

you heard of laslos salt agar experiments? ill see if i can find it for you it may not be so good for the grrreeenn but it will help with bacteria.

found: http://mycotopia.net...antiseptic.html

Edited by zodd, 30 December 2009 - 08:47 AM.
my search was a success

#48 bumber

bumber

Sporocarpus Fruiticus

• Expired Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:03 AM

mine never did do anything, they all got bacteria...Im goin to redo your recipe with the salt added. Im sure this tek works Ive just not done it right yet :lol:

clones are always easier than spores, in most cases. I need to try some fresh ones and see how it goes, anyone that gets spores to work should let us know ;)

#49 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

i'll try spores next time i get some dishes....

#50 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

i got dishes at the local discount warehouse.....24 sealed up for $5.40
i'm gonna test some jello agar recipe out before going for and isolation...

my goal is to get at 3 isolates and fruit out all and make culture slants with the wood splint inside) of the best 2 for the freezer or whatever put them in.

i'm gonna test the growth of tissue on two of each -- a very slight salt mixture of j'gar(my mixture in this post.)...,a honey -salt mixture, honey mixture, malt extract mixture and one reg for the control and see how it goes. to start i'm going to use the same measurements for lc as in jello agar ..-one tsp honey for every cup for j'gar .??? i hope this sounds good to guys. and i know reg oat might have sugars in it already -i'll check the side when i get more.

then pick one and use that recipe for an isolate......
somewhere in this i'll try spores on these too..seeing how i haven't yet.

#51 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:48 PM

I second TCO Archive material. Great job Valleyofmushies! :love:

#52 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

ok so i worked with my agar stuff this weekend and found that when i used it i was doubling the recipe and then pouring off after pc and there was stuff left at bottom...and i found that if u use the exact rec i gave then there is not enough ontop to pour off.....so back to the drawing board for me to find a new rec. that will work at 15 min also cause i did it for one hour before and then poured off.
i will still try separate dishes of salt ,honey,malt extract, and mixtures of the three to see any benefits.. tho i was thinking the other day as i learned that i cooked lc too long and thought prolly agar too. my agar before was slow growing.
i plan to speed up the process. with these new ways without really changing it all just shorter cook time and adding sugars....and maybe the one with honey and salt will grow fast and resist contam...tho i never had a problem with contam

and this agar does fruit... i fruited amazons,B+,Brazilians, argentina off of this J'gar stuff.. so i'm sticking with it

#53 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

ok guys i'm posting again to update this thread for the better.

i really want it to be archive material for all to make easy cheap agar substitute.

ok so here are the pics of my J'gar

J'gar Tek : mix all materials together(i add the jello mix last) then place tin foil on it for lid and PC for 20 to 30 minutes or according to ur agar PCing preferences lol ( i do it for 20-25 minutes)

1cup and 1 tablespoon of water
1 qt jar
1 teaspoon of jello mix
1/4 cup ground oatmeal
(so far the only additive that i know you can add and still get growth is honey.! I used 1 teaspoon hot honey(to mix better i microwaved for 2 seconds). and the honey recipe was used in the J'gar in the dishes in my pics in this post. i started the dishes on the 7th march and made first cuts on the 13th march and the first pics are of the myc after 3 days, on the 10th and cuts made on the 13th to honey mix again to keep it the same.

i'm running (a kinda) controlled test now
5 diff recipes of J'gar

2 control dishes of just J'gar recipe
2 dishes of J'gar plus 1 teaspoon of salt
2 dishes of J'gar plus 1 teaspoon honey
2 dishes of J'gar plus 1/2 teaspoon malt extract and 1/2 tps. honey
2 dishes of J'gar plus 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon salt

a piece of cake was cut, and all dishes noc.ed from the same cake to keep it controlled.
i'll check on em in three days and let you guys see the progress.

the pics are of some honey J'gar
http://mycotopia.net...updates-010.jpg
http://mycotopia.net...updates-011.jpg
http://mycotopia.net...updates-012.jpg
http://mycotopia.net...updates-013.jpg
http://mycotopia.net...updates-014.jpg

enjoy

#54 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

ok so these dishes were started around 3 weeks ago and are now fully col.
and more pics to help others get this started
i PC at 15 psi for 25-30 minutes and then wait around 3-4 hrs after turning off stove then i pour the "J'gar" off into petri dishes in front of the flow hood
i want ppl to try this maybe be a new way to do agar one day , of course the recipe has no agar in it.
i never bought agar before lollolololololololololololololoololololol:lol::lol::lol:

Attached Thumbnails

• gt pics 020.JPG
  • gt pics 010.JPG
  • gt pics 009.JPG
  • gt pics 008.JPG
  • gt pics 007.JPG
  • gt pics 001.JPG
  • gt pics 004.JPG

#55 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

plzz try this and report in the results,
here are mine.
the first pics are of old dishes that have been touched with contam i think and is usually showing up on old dishes ....as u can see they were started around the 4-25.and 5-something and its 6-19 when i checked on em and found them being aged and discolored and so just thought to take pics of contams
no one likes to see just all white all the time.....trial and error and or just trials and not so many errors but still must be recorded.
umm i did section off the contam one -of the chilean strain and hope no problems and hope they all look good tomorrow which is 6-22 which is 3 days from transfer tissue onto the dishes and will be able to see signs of growth by 3 days of course or something is wrong.
i plan to cut and transfer onto new dishes by this friday and maybe before and make LCs next week and make new dishes again to handle transfers from the dishes after these current ones
my J'gar recipe really does provide a quick -also inexpensive way to isolate or grow out tissue in a dish.....
the other pic of shit on my finger is actually the J'gar ....i tried it after i poured off the amount needed....umm taste like wat babies prolly eat for breakfast.....ground up stuff with a hint of sugar...

ummmmm..
oh and the last pic is i guess GT fruit on my J'gar
thats like the 4th strain to fruit on my J'gar ....sometimes the trash bag to incubate it in the dark falls off....i forget to weigh it down and light gets in then i guess....i don't check on em that often tho
SWIM will post pics tomorrow of the updates on signs of growth......i lost my azure strain to contam so i get to start it over from a cake onto agar again tomorrow .....yay....i love it....at least now i know from hyph to not give that J'gar heat or actuallt sep. from the rest on put it in my coldest closet

hope everyone like agar...i mean shit..no agar. just jello :):):):)

#56 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

... and i'm gonna try and make two batches tomorrow.
one and i will pour off.
another let sit in my PC. put the lid on jar before so that it seals good during PC.
wait a day. if i can re-heat this recipe and then use it . i can sale it one day....no offense but if the person don't look up the shit and the tek,,,i can at least do a sponsor and add it too the list of things. charge like a lil extra then wat it cost to make.
lol just came too me

Attached Thumbnails

• june-21st 002.JPG
  • june-21st 003.JPG
  • june-21st 001.JPG
  • june-21st 010.JPG
  • june-21st 008.JPG
  • june-21st 007.JPG
  • june-21st 006.JPG
  • june-21st 005.JPG

Edited by valleyofmushies, 21 June 2010 - 10:17 PM.
edited to include great idea

#57 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

ok so u saw pics above of pour day
here is the 23rd ---4 days after a transfer of tissue from my old dishes.

the chilean as u can see is very rizo on a dish too.
the lil arms just reaching out....its came from the above (old dish) that may have been contamed a lil. some greenish blue maybe spotting. but some good signs of growth of this new dish of J'garrrrr errr...
and one dish in the back of GT is not doing anything...i might not have hit that one with tissue , or its gonna contam soon or something...idk.
but the other GTs are going good. lil fuzzy myc tho. not very rizo
but i'm not to fond of that one ...the more i work with it....the chileans tho. work nice every time. personally i look for that in a strain, and maybe one day some one will cross the two or something.
but here are the pics of growth after 4 days from start of the dishes

and can i get this thread renamed???to be like J'gar rrrrr errrrrr lol
or J'gar-the walmart agar...seeing how u can get everything at walmart. even i can get those cute lil jars that are smaller than a half pint. 1/4 pint ....perfect for agar, ;J'gar...i use it for personal grass clippings tho

umm look at that chilean gooo.....go lil chili ..go actually they get really big...i have one reach 100 gs at least...

Attached Thumbnails

• june 23 008.JPG
  • june 23 001.JPG
  • june 23 007.JPG

#58 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

J'garr errrrr
this is pics of 6 days after transfer of tissue.
the GT that showed no signs before is now picked up with the other one..

do u guys think its too fuzzy...the GT dishes ???
the chileans looks like they'd eat me.they so rhizo....but not the GTs.:(:(

but ummm i love that lil chilean strain....u can tell i need to section already...
these Chilean dishes are the 5th cut from the original clone dish...as u can see they all 3 have a 6 circled on them somewhere....meaning 1 was the dish from the clone tissue. then like 3 or 4 dishes labeled two-s came off that...2 -or 3 more dishes came from that labeled 3 circled and so forth till now 6th dish...and u can see the nice circles of rhizo. hyphae (idk about the hyphae part)but yes no fuzz sections really anymore...
and i'm proud to say tomorrow my FAOF is sectioning again and also making an LC from one of those lil myc arms......

Attached Thumbnails

• chilean on agar 007.JPG
  • chilean on agar 001.JPG

#59 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

about 24 hrs after the last pics...this is the new ones....
the chileans are really becoming a favorite right now....i love seeing stuff grow on a small scale...
i made some LC from one of those chilean's dishes....prolly be 8 days before i can use it...
and this time i transferred 3 cuttings from the GT dishes onto one dish and did this for two dishes so next time i can cut from 2 different both having 3 different myc of GT growing on each dish.

and the chileans i did this with but i just put two tissue cuttings onto one dish but i did it for 3 dishes...same number in the end on all----6 different myc growing of each strain......
see pics below

Attached Thumbnails

• chileans-jgar-26 009.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!