• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 BGB

BGB

the one who ate too many.

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Im thinking about doing a whole bunch of invitro cakes myself. You have inspired me even more, great pics and awesome flushes!

#22 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

Picture Prefect Invitro,Very nice Sidestreet Getaway:weedpoke:

#23 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

cool.

#24 Jose_sixpac

Jose_sixpac

Djembe~Woof

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

Ok I wanna play.

meet a Halloween buddy.

When John B Goode went in for his first bb nuggz dunk...he noticed that an alien life form had stowed away in the under belly of the third cake from the sun.

The stowaway was discovered in the predunk cleaning and scraping stage. Being undocumented he was photographed and put under close watch.

He said his name is MycO'Leary...and he clames to be the Chrondo Beastie.
He also wants to be a mascot.

Posted Image

We put the evil bastage in the tank so he could dry up a little, here he is the next day when most of the fight was out of him.

Posted Image

Evil spawn I tell you them Inveet's are, just plain wicked evil nastyness in a can.
And I like'im...So I got him a little hole of a room at the (Y)
And made "MycO'Leary" my official 'Hallows Eve' avatar.

Grate fun guys.

Thanx for the ability.

Your bud,
_j0se~$ixpac.

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:09 AM

I have been searching the archives for hips original invitro grow tek, or any other invitro tek so I can educate a friend as it was originally handed down to me...but I cant find it anywhere...can anyone PM me the link to the post? thanks

follow the links- it's there.
> invitro <

#26 GunPuppy

GunPuppy

I like Puppies

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:27 PM

We (as in my significant other and I ) discovered we had an accidental invitro a few days ago.
Whilst cleaning up our grow room we found a jar that we had completely forgotton about. It was one that we had only had enough rye to fill up a bit of the jar and decided to innoculate it anyways. Well it ended up getting forgotton until I was cleaning up to move a new safe into the room and found this.
The rye was completely consumed and in its place where delicious mushrooms tons of pins and a couple larger ones. from the feel of it it seems very little mycellium is still there and everything feels like a normal mushroom. Is this normal ?
Anyways this is my first post and I hope I didnt make an idiot out of myself.

Attached Thumbnails

• blargh 008.jpg

#27 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:56 PM

No, nobody will flame you around here, bro.

Your picture is similar to results from using the chronic tek, which is just invitro cakes in quart-sized jars. However, as that jar is just rye (?), if the mycelium looks healthy, you should either mix the rye up with some vermiculite and/or coir for a rez effect or add a casing layer on top and fan a few times a day. Rye (or any grain) holds very little water, so it will fruit poorly, as mushrooms are 90% water approx.

Those are some big shrooms, though!

Welcome to Mycotopia!

#28 GunPuppy

GunPuppy

I like Puppies

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

we ended up just picking the shrooms in there and all the aborts (honestly I wish we had a better camera there was tons of them other than the two tall ones in there ) and trashing the rest yesterday I should have posted sooner, now I feel like I wasted something.
But we do have one jar of fully colonized rye that we're going to try our first grain to grain transfer tomorrow.

As for the size those where honestly fairly small compared to how big our healthy ones from coir/verm casings get. All we've done so far is acadian coast I'll try and find pictures of what our larger fruits look like after work
I'm definitely going to try an honest to goodness invitro grow soon though I think, so many methods so little time.

#29 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:09 PM

Bummer that you tossed that.

Invitro is all you need for self-sufficiency, and there are many good variations.

#30 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

Yah. I've gotten at least two good flushes off every invitro project. Sometimes ya get a real giver that will go five or six over two months. Those are neat. "Holy crap, another one? Shoulda cloned these..."

I don't think ya lost too much, though. It probably wouldn't have produced again. Straight grain tends to be a one flush wonder.

#31 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,598 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

Welcome GunPuppy!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!