• 228 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

Georgia Lawmaker Calls For 'Caning' &
Executing Marijuana Offenders

August 12th, 2009 By: Paul Armentano,
[NORML Deputy Director]
http://blog.norml.or...uana-offenders/

Posted Image

State Republican lawmaker Tommy Benton (31st House District) favors “caning'minor' marijuana offenders and “executing
those who sell the drug, according to a recent correspondence sent by the representative to a constituent.

In a July 29, 2009 e-mail (which was voluntarily forwarded to the NORML office), Rep. Benton wrote:

“Thanks for the email. We will have to agree to disagree on this and whether or not money is wasted (by mandating the state to prosecute minor marijuana offenders). I am opposed to the legalization of marijuana. I think we should go to caning for people caught using and maybe execute dealers. [emphasis NORML’s] That would solve the problem as well. That is what they do in Singapore and they don’t have a drug problem.”

'Caning' is a form of corporal punishment consisting of up to 24 violent lashes with a long rattan cane that has been
soaked in water. The procedure inflicts intense pain and deep, bloody lacerations that can
take several months to heal.

Rep. Benton followed up his remarks in a separate e-mail on August 11 (also forwarded to NORML) in which he threatened to turn over the
names of citizens who disagreed
with his political viewpoints to local law enforcement.

He wrote:

“You and your cronies want it (marijuana) legalized so you can get a hit anytime without having to worry about getting arrested. I have forwarded your email to the Lowndes County sheriffs office so that they can be on the lookout for you. [emphasis NORML’s] Consider this my last correspondence on the the subject to you or anyone else who shares your similar “conservative views’.”

For those of you wondering - this is
the result of 'Caning' :

Posted Image

Posted Image
Benton was elected to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2005.

#2 toadshroom

toadshroom

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

wow...i can't believe he would say that. This needs to be on every news channel.

#3 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

Cane his funky dick

#4 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

damn over weed? wtf he gonna do the the crack and heroin dealers. that guy can go fuck himself

#5 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

Whata fuckin tool!

#6 orgonebox

orgonebox

cocksucker

• Expired Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

Another reason to say Fuck the South. Guess he ran out of brown people to beat and had to go to threatening herb enthusiasts. Right now I live way too close to fuckers like Benton, and I can't wait to leave. Perhaps I should send him an email and fed-ex a mouth swab and invite him to forward my name and address to the cops. No chance they'll find shit except a lawsuit if there's ever a search on my residence.

Sheesh, but this kind of legislator makes me feel downright beligerent.

#7 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

I think fat ass, hypocritical, scumbag politicians should be executed. We should all write him a letter... Fuckhead!:mistrust:

#8 snowb1canob

snowb1canob

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

so you treat a non violent offence with violence. Yea we used to be able to beat the shit outta our wives to funny no one suggested killing or caning those people huh. Well at least we know the quality of people that represent the well being of citizens in america. Thank God this is just a temporal place where we determine what quality of soul we will possess. Gods got somethin comin for people like him. I wouldnt wanna be any where near that guy.

#9 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,164 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

This proves the prejudice that made the drug illegal is still alive and strong. It is criminal behaviour like this that should be punished, not the people who love the weed.

#10 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

Can't wait until he gets caught with a bag of dope.

Or possibly some sort of prostitute, that seems to be par for the course these days :lol:

#11 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

We should all write him a letter... Fuckhead!:mistrust:

It seems that he's reporting people to their local sheriff's office, so maybe not the best idea. Anonymously, though...

#12 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

Wow.

That guy has some issues.

He should be stoned
(in the literal sense).
:horse:

Note to self: Don't move to GA

#13 plantman21

plantman21

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

I don't use these word often but........ I HATE THAT MAN.
Plantman

#14 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

y'all are acting like him,
calling for his death,
full of hate.
we hate, they hate.
why i loathe politics.
:thumbdown:

#15 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

y'all are acting like him,
calling for his death,
full of hate.
we hate, they hate.
why i loathe politics.
:thumbdown:

Amen to that. But in the same respect people like that should not be allowed to hold a political office, just too extreme.

#16 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

I don't hate him- in fact I love him so much I'd like to give him a bag of weed- anonymously, of course- maybe leave it under his seat.

Then I'd report his car as stolen.

#17 spellbinder_7

spellbinder_7

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

Ugh i just read this today on the norml website, and it really offended me but it offends me more now with a visual of the effects of caneing. I just hope that these stupid remarks of his cause him to lose his seat and power. i mean really, death for dealing? this isnt crack.

#18 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

the South has no monopoly on redneck assholes
so plz do not use a jerk as opportunity
to put down millions of people you've never met.

#19 spellbinder_7

spellbinder_7

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

Alright im sorry, i guess there are people like that everywhere, i edited my post :P

#20 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

the South has no monopoly on redneck assholes
so plz do not use a jerk as opportunity
to put down millions of people you've never met.

There's a town in North Carolina that is the county seat that has a law from the 1800's that is still on the books as valid that allows a man to beat his wife between the time of 12:00 and 12:01 PM to beat his wife without being prosecuted as long as they reside in that county at the time of the beating.

Vile huh? There's some real backassward folks in this world..always have been and always will be.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!