• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#41 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

I don't hate him- in fact I love him so much I'd like to give him a bag of weed- anonymously, of course- maybe leave it under his seat.

Then I'd report his car as stolen.

haha.

this guy has some warped views on how shit should be.

#42 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

bigotry is more prevalent per capita in the south

well that's your opinion but you can't prove it.
just means you bought the stereotype.
now really give it a rest,
you might as well .
i'm not going to just sit here and let anyone defame millions.
it's just as bigoted to judge folks you've never met.

#43 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

well that's your opinion but you can't prove it.

Touche'

#44 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

Haven't read the thread, just the first post. Just wanted to say that I'm afraid of the deep south. I'd fear for my safety just being there. And I'm white!

#45 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:34 AM

the South has no monopoly on redneck assholes
so plz do not use a jerk as opportunity
to put down millions of people you've never met.

You're right, and maybe my fear is unfounded. But it's still real. It's not millions of people I'm afraid of, it'd just be one or a handful at a time.

Edit: It's probably just my own ignorance. The only thing I know about the south is that I keep seeing news stories like this one floating up to me. I know that there are good and bad everywhere.

Shit, I can't imagine many southerners want to go to Detroit! :lol:

#46 MissCakes

MissCakes

shooting gold with style

• Expired Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

Can't wait until he gets caught with a bag of dope.

Or possibly some sort of prostitute, that seems to be par for the course these days :lol:

LOL I know right? People with views this arcane and fierce are usually the ones knee-deep in the same issue they're so vehemently against!

A little extreme don't ya think? What about saving that type of punishment for rapists and those who sexually abuse children? Sounds fitting to me.

#47 Chesire

Chesire

Nug-Huffer

• Expired Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:02 AM

o yea chip the stick can be no thicker than your thumb

hence the "rule of thumb"

and you can only ride your elephant on the court house steps on sunday at a certain time

south was fine till they came down past the mason-dixon line

:thumbup: :special:

#48 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

You're right, and maybe my fear is unfounded. But it's still real. It's not millions of people I'm afraid of, it'd just be one or a handful at a time.

Edit: It's probably just my own ignorance. The only thing I know about the south is that I keep seeing news stories like this one floating up to me. I know that there are good and bad everywhere.

Shit, I can't imagine many southerners want to go to Detroit! :lol:

SSG- I haven't seen all of the lower 48 YET, but I have seen a LOT of it, and I can tell ya- people are pretty much the same all over. I certainly don't want to go to Detroit, Chicago, NYC, or many other places ever again.

There are some southern places I didn't much care for either- but on the whole, I find small town Southern foks to be just as fine as frog hair.

Then again, I've met some super people up north- and in the oddest locations...
mostly biker bars. :teeth:

Don't be afraid- we'll treat you right.

Might even take ya cow-tipping.

#49 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:30 PM

There's a town in North Carolina that is the county seat that has a law from the 1800's that is still on the books as valid that allows a man to beat his wife between the time of 12:00 and 12:01 PM to beat his wife without being prosecuted as long as they reside in that county at the time of the beating.

Vile huh? There's some real backassward folks in this world..always have been and always will be.

In my state it is legal to beat your wife so long as it is done in public on Sunday, on the courthouse steps.

Praise the lord's day!

Yeah the south isn't so bad, a lot of the people that are ignorant assholes, but that is the same everywhere. You will never have so many people just say hello and ask you how you are doing on the street as you will in the south. If you are broken down, you can be sure that someone will help you.

That being said, I hope that guy's political career is over quick, and every fast food joint he goes to ever spits in his order. :)

#50 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:23 PM

My Southern travel experiences have been limited, but in general pleasant.
And a lot of pretty decent "rebs" show up here in the summer as tourists and "summer people." Some of my best friends back when I was little were summer kids from Georgia, Florida etc.

On the flip side, Maine was a real KKK hub, with between 20,000 and 150,000 members in 1920, depending on who you want to believe. It's said to have been the biggest KKK stronghold outside the south.
The target up here was French Catholics.
The general population, however, was and is extremely intolerant of this kind of terrorism.

Really, there's good and bad everywhere. A lot of prejudice on all sides is just fear and intolerance of different ways of life.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!