• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#361 SeaUrchin

SeaUrchin

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

Not sure if anyone actually said this, but I know i say it all of the time..

"Some things are not known or thought of, some things are simply understood" , ME

"I am as I am, for thats all that I can be" , Jesus...Mohammad...Muses...Ect...ect...

"Own no thing, Control Every Thing", Rockefeller

what strain is that being held in your avatar? TX?

#362 stmhunter

stmhunter

stxsp

• Free Member
  • 728 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !

#363 tihkalmypihkal

tihkalmypihkal

The same as you

• Expired Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Dont know if anyone posted this yet or not but....

Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all.
Bob Marley

#364 Cepheid

Cepheid

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Always do sober what you said you would do drunk, that will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

-Mark Twain

#365 blueprince

blueprince

b ן u ǝ p ɹ ı n ɔ ǝ

• Expired Member
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

I may live a world away, but i've always liked these:

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
Chief Aupumut, Mohican. 1725

"Your religious calling was on plates of stone by the flaming finger of an angry God. Our religion was established the traditions of our ancestors. The dreams of our elders that are given to them in the silent hours of the night by the Great Spirit. And the premonitions of the learned Beings. It is written in the hearts of our people, THUS, we do not require churches which would only lead to us to argue about GOD. We do not wish this. EARTHLY things may be argued about by men, but we never argue over GOD. And the thought that white men should rule over nature and change its ways following his liking was never understood by the RED man. Our belief is that the Great Spirit has created all things. Not just mankind, but all animals, all plants, all rocks... For us all, life is holy. But you do not understand our prayers when we address the sun, moon, and winds. You have judged us without understanding only because are prayers are different. But we are able to live in harmony with all of nature. All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature."
Chief White Cloud

"Mankind has a poor understanding of life. He mistakes knowledge for wisdom. He tries to unveil the holy secrets of our father, the Great Spirit. He attempts to impose his laws and ways on Mother Earth. Even though he, himself, is part of nature, he chooses to disregard and ignore it for the sake of his own immediate gain. But the laws of nature are far stronger than those of mankind. Man must awake at last, and learn to understand how little time there remains before he will become the cause of his own downfall. And he has so much to learn. To learn to see with the heart. He must learn to respect Mother Earth-She who has given life to everything; to our brothers and sisters, the animals and plants; to the rivers, the lakes, the oceans and the winds. He must realize that this planet does not belong to him, but that he has to care for and maintain the delicate balance of nature for the sake of the wellbeing for our children and all future generations. It is the duty of mankind to preserve the earth and the creation of the Great Spirit. Mankind being but a grain of sand in the holy circle which encloses all of life"
Chief White Cloud

"Once I was in Victoria, and I saw a very large house. They told me it was a bank and that the white men place their money there to be taken care of, and that by and by they got it back with interest. "We are Indians and we have no such bank; but when we have plenty of money or blankets, we give them away to other chiefs and people, and by and by they return them with interest, and our hearts feel good. Our way of giving is our bank."
Chief Maquinna, Nootka

"To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders."
Lao Tzu

My apologies if these are repeated anywhere, been reading this thread over a few days and can't quite remember everything. Great stuff, tho, all of it.

#366 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,034 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

My late Wobbly friend, W.S., 1892 - 1982, whose young life was saved by an old Indian in Minnesota, liked to quote that old Indian who took over raising him, and said to him,

"White man religion not even good for white man."

Edited by Alder Logs, 05 September 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#367 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

You don't know yourself until you have a psychedelic experience. You might think you know yourself, but i guarantee you you're going to find out who you really fucking are when you go deep. When you go deep and you come back and you have to kind of assesseverything, and look at yourself through fresh eyes. The ego, while you're sleeping, while you're working.. it's gaining ground. It's like the fucking fed. It's stealing money, and there's pocketing things, and taking control over certain areas. It really is like the government. And then you don't realize how fucking embedded it's become in your system, until you have a blow-out. Until you have a psychedelic *pop *boom , blow-out experience. And that ego gets just shucked aside like you know, like a fucking explosion in a comic book movie. And the ego is sitting in a tree with half it's clothes off hanging from branches cuz it just got blown out. You know then, then you get to see yourself again. Then you get to see who you really are.

- Joe Rogan

• AGAMA likes this

#368 Skywa11ker

Skywa11ker

Moon Dancer

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Hunter.S Thompson.

#369 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

When life gives you poop make poop juice--bugg eye earl

Edited by MungoFungo, 09 October 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#370 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Religion began when the first con man

met the first fool-

Mark Twain

#371 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

When live gives you poop make poop juice--bugg eye earl

Who the hell is 'Bugg Eye Earl'?

That sounds more like vintage 'Fungo' to me.

poop juice, huh?
maybe a bit of 'wang tang' with that?

I'll have a margarita on the rocks, with salt, thanks.

jimmy

#372 Skywa11ker

Skywa11ker

Moon Dancer

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
Jimi Hendrix

• AGAMA likes this

#373 Skywa11ker

Skywa11ker

Moon Dancer

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD]"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] -- Albert Einstein[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

#374 dpwishy

dpwishy

A Fisher Of Souls

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 1,987 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

"Many people genuinely do not want to be saints, and it is probable that some who achieve or aspire to sainthood have never felt much temptation to be human beings...." -George Orwell

#375 mushrooms

mushrooms

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

[Direct Link]

#376 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,034 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Excuse me, but Big Lebowski quotes demand their own thread. You're out of your element.

#377 mushrooms

mushrooms

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

Excuse me, but Big Lebowski quotes demand their own thread. You're out of your element.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#378 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,034 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Into the quote mines!

http://www.americanswhotellthetruth.org/

#379 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,111 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -- Isaac Asimov

I also like Bill Nye's tweets when he's stoned. :amazed:

billnyetweet.jpg

#380 Sickmanlives

Sickmanlives

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 794 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

"The best decision I ever made, was the one that I didn't have to make".
M.W.O

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!