Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

ohh man, i got tooo many favorites . lol
i think i save just about everyone i love that resonates with me. lol
i gotta post a handful of em.. lol

this is one of my favorites from Einstein...

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the
rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the
servant and has forgotten the gift.”” Albert Einstein

The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking. ~Albert Einstein

and

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. A.E.

lol

some others are...

"True skepticism does not begin by being anti-anything. The processes of open consideration and examination (i.e., research) will ultimately establish whether something exists or not. " ~ Ingo Swann

"This is the nature of genius, to be able to grasp the knowable even when noone else recognizes that it is present." Deepak Chopra

Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations. Alan Watts

"The dream is the small hidden door in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul, which opens to that primeval cosmic night that was soul long before there was conscious ego and will be soul far beyond what a conscious ego could ever reach." *C.G. Jung*

Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'
Kahlil Gibran

Warning: Due to a shortage of robots, Workers here are Human Beings and may react unpredictably if abused.

"Rebel against what?" Robert Nesta Marley

Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to. ~Howard Mumford Jones

New opinions often appear first as jokes and fancies, then as blasphemies and treason, then as questions open to discussion, and finally as established truths.

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. - Galileo Galile

Men can live without air a few minutes, without water for about two weeks, without food for about two months - and without a new thought for years on end. ~Kent Ruth

"It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long
as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money
as long as you have got it." Edmund Way Teale

Inability to accept the mystic experience is more than an intellectual handicap. Lack of awareness of the basic unity of organism and environment is a serious and dangerous hallucination. For in a civilization equipped with immense technological power, the sense of alienation between man and nature leads to the use of technology in a hostile spirit---to the "conquest" of nature instead of intelligent co-operation with nature. Alan Watts

guess i should prolly stop now..
i got thousands i think. :lol:

:love:
cool thread, good stuff all. :bow: :heart:
  • MycoDani and Om shanti like this

#42 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:30 AM

Men can live without air a few minutes, without water for about two weeks, without food for about two months - and without a new thought for years on end. ~Kent Ruth

LOL! that just about sums up half our tragicomedy here on Earth.. :horse:

#43 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:55 AM

:lol: doesn't it though? lol

fits in with Einsteins..
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. A.E. lol

#44 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:00 AM

Jose: E~Pur~Si~Muove...

G, Galilei

#45 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:53 AM

what?
want more you say?

ohh, nobody said that, .. must be the voices again....
well, i must to listen to them..... lol

i realy love all of them though,
and to be honest, often wish i could share them. :o
and they are by my most favorite minds and souls. :love:

[QUOTE]“There are vibrations of different universes right here, right now. We’re just not in tune with them. There are probably other parallel universes in our living room—this is modern physics. This is the modern interpretation of quantum theory, that many worlds represents reality.” ~ Dr. Michio Kaku, Theoretical Physicist, Professor and Bestselling Author[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE] “Man is now able to soar into outer space and reach up to the moon; but he is not moral enough to live at peace with his neighbor!” ~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"But the man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be quite the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less cocksure, happier but less self-satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable Mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend"
-Aldous Huxley: The doors of perception
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]" i present to you a quantum mirror built in the spirit of Hegel that uses the energy of Einstein, the force of Newton, and the logic of Socrates to describe a moment in time. " Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, from 'The Phenomenology of Spirit' [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Thinking in its lower grades is comparable to paper money, and in its higher forms it is a kind of poetry. ~Havelock Ellis, The Dance of Life, 1923[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep. ~ William James[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"*When you make the finding yourself ~even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light ~ you'll never forget it.*" Carl Sagan [/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
"They are the dawn of the new frontiers; no smoke will veil their eyes and no jingle of chains will drown out their voices." [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom."
-Martin Luther King, Jr
.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid."
"Come to the edge," he said.
They came, he pushed them...
and they flew.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"Disclosure" may herald the announcement that man is not only alone, not at the top of the foodchain nor the almighty ruler of this small ball of dirt we all call home. ... . It is human nature to stick one's head in the sand, to turn a blind eye, to refuse to awaken to truths to hurtful and scary to have to deal with. ........ Most humans have chosen to remain asleep[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"Flowers do not force their way with great strife. Flowers open to perfection slowly in the sun... Don't be in a hurry about spiritual matters. Go step by step, and be very sure."
-White Eagle[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"If a man does not keep pace with his companions perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears however measured and far away." -Henry David Thoreau[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for what you are not." -Andre Gide[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"Man is lost and is wandering in a jungle where real values have no meaning. Real values can have meaning to man only when he steps on to the spiritual path, a path where negative emotions have no use."
- Sai Baba[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"One moon shows in every pool; in every pool, the
one moon." [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"Possession of material riches, without inner peace, is like dying of thirst while bathing in a lake."
- Paramahansa Yogananda
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"Psychedelic experience is only a glimpse of genuine mystical insight, but a glimpse which can be matured and deepened by the various ways of meditation in which drugs are no longer necessary or useful. If you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope, he goes away and works on what he has seen..." -- Alan Watts, (Joyous Cosmology Prologue, 2nd ed. 1970).[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul."
-Mohandas Gandhi[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
"The day Science begins to study nonphysical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all previous centuries of its existence." .Nikola Tesla.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
"The probability someone is right increases proportionately to the level people are speaking out against him." [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"We do not need more intellectual power, we need more spiritual power. We do not need more of the things that are seen, we need more of the things that are unseen."
-Calvin Coolidge[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"We live on three planes: we are spirit, soul, and body. We meet people on all three planes: spiritual, mental, and physical."
-Ernest Holmes[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"Wisdom stands at the turn in the road and calls upon us publicly, but we consider it false and despise its adherents." -Kahlil Gibran, "Between Reality and Fantasy"[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]...when you really understand that you are what you see and know, you do not run around the country-side thinking, 'I am all this.' There is simply 'all this.' Alan Watts[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” Oscar Wilde [/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
“Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another” ~ Plato[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“It's exhilarating to be alive in a time of awakening consciousness; it can also be confusing, disorienting, and painful.” ~ Adrienne Rich[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“It takes me a long time to lose my temper, but once lost I could not find it with a dog”
Mark Twain[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
“Oh soul,
you worry too much.
You have seen your own strength.
You have seen your own beauty.
You have seen your golden wings.
Of anything less,
why do you worry?
You are in truth
the soul, of the soul, of the soul.” Jalal ad-Din Rumi[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand.”[/QUOTE]

too much?
so im a quote whore... :o lol
:bow:

#46 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:03 AM

Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed.
Joseph Addison

The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact. ~William Shakespeare, Mid-Summer Night's Dream, 1595

#47 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:20 AM

Ras you are my favorite quote whore! I am one too. It's good to find other ppl out there that are sharing the most awesome quotes!

Thanks to all who are contributing, this is a quote dream come true for me!!:bow:

" Dans le ve'ritable amour c'est l'ame que enveloppe le corps"

In true love it is the soul that envelops the body...don't know the author for some reason..

#48 Jose_sixpac

Jose_sixpac

Djembe~Woof

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:22 AM

Ok a few more, on a more funnybone level.

I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places.
~Henny Youngman~

Silence is golden, duct tape is silver.
~the git er done guy~

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.
~George Bush~

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
~S Clemmons~

Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer
~Billy Carter~

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
~Joan Rivers~

I told my mother-in-law that my house was her house, and she said, "Get the hell off my property."

~Joan Rivers~

A man can sleep around, no questions asked, but if a woman makes nineteen or twenty mistakes she's a tramp.
~Joan Rivers~

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
~G Carlin~

I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
~S Wright~

Cheers

#49 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

"Truth is spoken softly while lies are shouted about" -Dad

#50 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

"There are many that do not share my views of what is going on, and to those I can only say 'I understand.'... I can also say, “If you only knew.” John Lear

#51 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

All we are saying is give peace a chance.

All you need is love.

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.

Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.

It doesn't matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is or whether I'm a woman or a man.

Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you've got to let it grow.

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.

Possession isn't nine-tenths of the law. It's nine-tenths of the problem.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

The basic thing nobody asks is why do people take drugs of any sort? Why do we have these accessories to normal living to live? I mean, is there something wrong with society that's making us so pressurized, that we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it?

~John Lennon

#52 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

"if the queen had balls she'd be the king"

I forget where I heard that.
  • MycoDani likes this

#53 Kitten

Kitten

Two hearts one soul

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:11 AM

Two from "Tombstone".

"I'll be your huckleberry".

"Kiss my lily-white ass".

Look at that! My husband stole my quote!

Well, here's a couple more I personally like.

"Part of being a woman is knowing when not to be too much of a lady." Jacklyn Smith

"On your knees, babygirl." Catdaddy

I have lots of favorites quotes but I'm having trouble remembering them at 5 am, lol.

#54 sagiboy

sagiboy

-= Eat Em ALL =-

• Expired Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:54 AM

"Truth is spoken softly while lies are shouted about" -Dad

nice one. papps rocks.

#55 Dfectdead

Dfectdead

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:40 AM

I've decided to speak

"Think for yourself, question authority" -T. Leary

to strive for truth

"Give a man a fish, you fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you fed him for a lifetime" -?

The years of silent lessons I've learned from dedicated individuals like you. (you know who you are) **everyone whose made an attempt**

and...... i forgot the ending quote i had for this statement.(I've been sitting, trying to remember for an hour) but i feel the community here is so supportive, league above the rest. Mycotopia, and all members, have brought me to a place that i never imagined. If the internet dies tommarrow, and i never post again, your words and wisdom shall live on, like the quotes that you all know and love. Thank you

One love
  • Ras Asad likes this

#56 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

im happy you posted. :bow:
welcome

#57 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:16 AM

"There are things that I believe that I shall never say, but I will never say that which I do not believe." - Immanuel Kant ...

WELCOME, dfectdead!

Please post an introductory and let all of us welcome you properly and sincerely!

#58 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:32 AM

:weedpoke:

"Shit Happens."

and

"Today is a gift not a given."

#59 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,036 posts

Donator

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:32 AM

"Give a man a fish, you fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you fed him for a lifetime" -?

-Teach a corporation to fish, no more fish.
--A Random Bumper Sticker I saw

Welcome to the 'Topia!! :rasta:

#60 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

Thank you Dfectdead for sharing and welcome to Topia as well glad to have you here along with the rest of this groovy bunch:bow:

" With great power comes great responsibility" Peter Parker (I had too=))

" Sane is rich and powerful; Insane is wrong and poor and weak. The rich are free, the poor are put in cages" Res Ipsa Loquitur,Amen Mahalo...HST

" There is some art you don't have to sign" Psy Ops

"Sat-Chit-Ananda,being-awareness-bliss":meditate:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!