261 replies to this topic

#261 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,036 posts

Donator

Posted 18 November 2021 - 03:59 PM

It's good to hear you're doing well Firerat.  I admit I've been lazy, and haven't brewed anything in quite a while... :blush:

During lockdown I went a bit nuts and made a bunch of mediocre beer. 

Then we sold our place and moved which slammed on the brakes for anything hobby related. Between that and my wife's insane schedule (she was a nurse in a Covid unit until a month ago) I didn't have time to breathe let alone brew. Finally got some time and made 3 in a row.

I knew you'd be first to respond to my post. Haha. Good seeing you brother.

• Juthro likes this

#262 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,036 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2021 - 12:04 PM

Hmmm might be high time, looks like I have all but exhausted my mediocre home brew supply. Trying not to eat carbs was a good excuse to let the basement stash bottle condition for a few months.

Funny how the mind works, after dropping sugar out of my diet in the interest of losing weight beers started to taste almost too sweet and not near as satisfying as they used to be. I came to prefer a vodka soda due to the light clean taste, it felt refreshing. Sounds like a crazy person now hahaha

Here I am, full circle back to eating carbs again and beer has retaken its place at the forefront of my mind. Its hard to ignore all the hard work those brewers have done. I feel almost obligated to stop in the the local liquor store or brewery to see whats up.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!