• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#21 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

AWESOME!!! :bow: :bow: Thank you very much!! That looks excellent, would be nice with a title, though, but that is awesome!! Distribute it freely!!!

#22 Calaquendi

Calaquendi

Reflection

• OG VIP
  • 820 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

Excellent work brother!

Great pictorial, you really nail it good. Thanks for the wicked thread, informative and comprehensive... hat's off man!:eusa_clap:bow::eusa_clap:bow:
  • Irishlion likes this

#23 usagolden

usagolden

A Tin Can Banana

• OG VIP
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:15 AM

nice write up
will be using it myself

#24 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

ok, added a title, didn't know if you wanted your name on it

(this is the highest quality it can be done and uploaded here)

Looks great! I don't mind the credit so much here on topia, but I suppose, if it's gonna be distributed all over the internet (hope it is), then perhaps leaving my nym off, isn't such a bad idea. Never mind credit from my friends here at topia, but I don't need any credit from the DEA, LOL..

#25 door#6

door#6

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

would these chrystals be active if dosed orally?
would taking an maoi before smoking effect durration
of trip?

#26 Fly on the Wall

Fly on the Wall

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:40 PM

would these chrystals be active if dosed orally?
would taking an maoi before smoking effect durration
of trip?

The MAOI is necessary for DMT to be taken orally. I believe that the MAOI also potentiates smoked DMT, but don't quote me on that.

#27 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

archive material when thread slows

#28 EmmisonJ

EmmisonJ

halcyon & on & on

• Expired Member
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:49 PM

:eusa_clap:bow::eusa_clap:bow::eusa_clap

Excellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

Beautiful whatcha, just beautiful. I think I'm gonna follow your tek when I get my bark in.

#30 gardentoad

gardentoad

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

This looks greeat. Does it mean hat I have been using too much water? I have been using one half lb. bark per gallon of lye water so that it isn't too sludgy. I have had successful extractions but with no where near the results that you have shown us. I would love to get similiar results. Thank you.
  • boots420 likes this

#31 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

Nice, very nice.

#32 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

This looks greeat. Does it mean hat I have been using too much water? I have been using one half lb. bark per gallon of lye water so that it isn't too sludgy. I have had successful extractions but with no where near the results that you have shown us. I would love to get similiar results. Thank you.

Using more water probably doesn't hurt, but SWIM's tek works terrific for him. He also is sure to use reputable sources of known quality bark. Yields can vary from batch to batch, or vendor to vendor, especially. This bark was from Mexico, and had been reported by several others to be of outstanding quality. BBB usually has pretty good quality bark, though, and they are in the US, so no dealing with customs.

#33 sweetjames

sweetjames

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

I see that 400 ml of naphtha was used for each pull, is this necessary to use that much each time? It seems that most people talk of using lesser amounts per pull, like 100 ml, so there is less to evaporate. Is it better to use larger amounts of naphtha?

#34 LotRev

LotRev

Technopagan

• Expired Member
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:13 AM

The naphtha was not evaporated here.

Yes, use 400 ml. As you can see, it works great.

Welcome to Mycotopia!

#35 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

Well, first of all, using only 100 mls of naphtha for trying to pull out DMT from 454 grams of MHRB, one may only pull out a gram or two, and on top of that, it's damn near impossible to separate 100 mls of solvent from the top of the water. The solvent layer must be large enough to pour or suction off the top.

I believe I have read that 100 mls of naphtha will only hold around a gram. The expected yield off of 1 lb of MHRB, is gonna be 3-10 grams (depending on bark quality) so a minimum of 1000 ml should be used to ensure that one can get all the DMT out of the solvent. Teks that use less solvent, are usually when doing a much smaller extraction, but as stated, it's damn near impossible to separate 100 mls of solvent from a water layer. I'd suggest sticking to this tek as written, and if only doing half the amount of MHRB, then the ingredients can be halved (although, the water amount can be greater, as long as the MHRB/lye/water layer isn't thick and sludgy).

Also, if one uses excess naphtha, then it can be evaporated a bit, until it gets cloudy/milky white, then it can be freeze precipitated. By freeze precipitating, one will be able to reuse the solvent on the next next extraction, and the end results will come out cleaner. SWIM would suggest using 100 mls of naphtha for each gram of expected yield of DMT. Using any less will be hard to separate, or will reduce the yield.

SWIM took detailed photos, with the explanation, so this tek could be copied exactly, to get the same results. If one decides not to follow the instructions as written, then all kinds of mistakes or differences in the end result may occur. This makes it extremely hard to figure out where one went wrong. SWIM would suggest learning the process by following a proven method and once that is understood, tweaking one element of the extraction at a time, can give one results to compare. When changing up a few steps, it gives many more possibilities for where the results come out different. By changing up one element at a time, one can pinpoint where exactly the change occured, and then can note the difference in results.

SWIM has been extracting DMT for 6 years, at least, and so he has tried all kinds of variations, until he found the best techniques for completing the extraction, to get the best results. When SWIM started, QT's Tek was the only one really available on the internet, and he has since tweaked out the tek, adding steps and eliminating extra steps, to make the simplest, cleanest, smoothest DMT, with the least amount of work. If one chooses to experiment, SWIM thinks that one'll soon see the reason that this tek is written the way it is, as all the steps have been tweaked to get the best reults..

#36 sweetjames

sweetjames

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for such a quick reply. SWIM planned on following it exactly, he was just trying to understand as he has only been researching this for a few days.

#37 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:54 AM

BTW, one could use 250-300 mls of naphtha per pull, if one has a limited amount of naphtha. More pulls could be done with smaller amounts, as well. SWIM has seen people do 5-6 pulls, and even got a lil extra DMT on those pulls, but there comes a point of more work with diminishing results.

One could continue to do pulls on the naphtha until they get no DMT precipitating, to be sure they get all the DMT, but after 4 pulls, SWIM feels that he has 90-95% of the DMT, so doing more work, for under a half a gram (or less), is often not worth it to SWIM.

#38 Jawn

Jawn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

Great idea, using the Gatorade bottle as a sep funnel.

#39 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• OG VIP
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:07 PM

Nice job Whatcha! :eusa_clap An excellent addition to the literature! Awesome pictorial too. I love chem pr0n :D

Spice on the inside, clean on the outside. DMT paint job!

#40 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

Archieve Material DMT spice

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!