• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#41 sweetjames

sweetjames

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

Also, if this is SWIM's first time, would you recommend using only a 1/2 lb of MHRB first to get the hang of it or just go for the whole lb?

#42 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

Well, using half wouldn't be a bad idea for practicing, however, SWIM thinks it's easy enough to follow exactly, so one can get similar results if it is followed to the letter. If you don't feel like doing it a few times, then doing the whole shebang shouldn't be a problem, and as long as one doesn't discard anything until they have all their crystals, even if you mess up, we can help you find it and get it out of there.

The tek was photoed while 2 jugs with a lb each were done, and seeing over a half ounce of DMT in the bottom of the jug just looks amazing. It is nice to perform large extractions because the results look remarkably impressive from larger amounts, and if recrystallization is planned, then it's also much easier to recrystallize a large amount.

#43 headcase

headcase

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:38 AM

SWIM did this tek tonight. Four pulls, each pull spaced one hour from the last for easy pouring. She said that the gatorade bottle works even better than her gravy seperator. Used one pound of bark. Her favorite part was pulling the polar impurities with the Sodium Carbonate. The jug is in her freezer, she said she'd let me know how it turns out.

#44 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

Welcome to Mycotopia, headcase, can't wait to hear how your friends results turn out!!

#45 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

This is an awesome pictorial tek and thx for contributing Whatcha. :thumbup:
A friend recently tried this tek out and got almost all white crystals without cleaning. This was cool but kinda baffled me because I've always seen it yellow before cleaning with a STB extraction. It was same source of MHRB, but their MHRB was kept in a freezer for a couple months.

#46 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

This is an awesome pictorial tek and thx for contributing Whatcha. :thumbup:
A friend recently tried this tek out and got almost all white crystals without cleaning. This was cool but kinda baffled me because I've always seen it yellow before cleaning with a STB extraction. It was same source of MHRB, but their MHRB was kept in a freezer for a couple months.

The polar wash does clean out a good bit of color, and on smaller extractions, the DMT can freeze precipitate white. The larger extractions still seem to come out a bit yellow, but recrystallization isn't very tough and can make it as pure as can be.

#47 Leftover Salmon

Leftover Salmon

Bold as Love

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:17 AM

Ok, first off, very nice write up fellow deadhead. My question to you is; what significance does re-crystallization hold and could one stop here and have pleasant results in use? Again good job and thank you.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

#48 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:57 AM

It's fine to use as is, it's fairly smooth, and all traces of lye have been removed, but if one wants even more pure, white/clear DMT, then recrystallization can provide that. The yellow is actually preferred by some, while the white/clear is preferred by others. Perhaps trying both is the best bet to find out which one you prefer.
  • Leftover Salmon likes this

#49 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

For me the yellow works out really nicely, because it is hard to measure a dosage of white without very accurate scales, and such a small amount makes such a big change :)

#50 headcase

headcase

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

So SWIM ending up yielding about 4 grams of yellowish spice. There's also about 2 grams of yellow/brown spice, so SWIM didn't quite get all those impurities out of the wash. She sprinkled about 35 mg of the yellow brown stuff on some cannabis just to make sure it was worth keeping. It certainly was.

She had previously used bark from the same supply for Nomans and lazyman's tek, with piss poor results. To top it all off, she put the filtered naptha back in the freezer, and she just checked 20 minutes ago and there is even more spice in there.

She wanted me to tell you guys that this was such an easy tek to follow. The hardest part for sure was the time consuming process of getting all that spice out of there.

When SWIM needs bark again she'll get it from her friend's supplier next time, because she's heard reports of more than 2% yields.

She says thanks whatcha!

#51 TheFreak

TheFreak

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:46 PM

great tek. where could one buy mimosa hostilis root bark. any suggest sponsor or place to buy from?

#52 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

Check the sponsors page, there are a couple botanical places.

#53 sweetjames

sweetjames

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

SWIM performed this tek last night, and started the freeze precip at about 10 pm. It has been in there for about 20 hours now and barely any crystals are forming at the bottom.
New naphtha was used for every pull and the solvent did not look as dark yellow as the ones from the pictorial. Everything was followed exactly...what could be the problem? Or does my friend just need to wait longer?

#54 P4ulada

P4ulada

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 945 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

Wowo dude, awesome work!!!!
Thanks

#55 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

SWIM performed this tek last night, and started the freeze precip at about 10 pm. It has been in there for about 20 hours now and barely any crystals are forming at the bottom.
New naphtha was used for every pull and the solvent did not look as dark yellow as the ones from the pictorial. Everything was followed exactly...what could be the problem? Or does my friend just need to wait longer?

Were the exact ratios used or the same amounts, even? Also, when one says barely any crystals, does that mean some have precipitated out? Using fresh solvent for each pull is fine, SWIM just reused old solvent because he had it.

Also, depends on how cold one's freezer gets, for pulling out all the DMT. After you recover the crystals, and weigh them, and give a little more details about the amounts used, perhaps we can figure out if there is a problem or where one went wrong.

BTW, the quality of MHRB can vary a good bit, and the yield SWIM got is pretty exceptional, due to finding an extremely high alkaloid batch of MHRB. 1% is considered pretty decent usually, and sometimes .5% is all that's achieved from lower quality bark. SWIM has rarely ever gotten less than .5% even on low quality bark.

#56 sweetjames

sweetjames

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

SWIM followed the steps exactly, using 1 lb of mhrb to 1 lb of lye. SWIM just poured the solvent off and there was basically nothing in the jug...Could the mhrb have been fake or of extremely low quality? SWIM still has the MHRB/lye/water mix and is going to try some pulls again and see if it will extract anything...Any ideas of what could have gone wrong?

#57 opiatoker

opiatoker

gizmologist

• Expired Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:32 AM

someone mention a pdf?

oops....

Attached Files

Edited by opiatoker, 15 September 2009 - 01:56 PM.
alreadytaken care of

#58 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:37 AM

SWIM followed the steps exactly, using 1 lb of mhrb to 1 lb of lye. SWIM just poured the solvent off and there was basically nothing in the jug...Could the mhrb have been fake or of extremely low quality? SWIM still has the MHRB/lye/water mix and is going to try some pulls again and see if it will extract anything...Any ideas of what could have gone wrong?

Sounds like your freezer isn't cold enough, is the dial turned all the way up on it? You can try to evaporate it instead. Since you used new naptha for the pulls (which works ok too), the naptha probably wont have such a yellow color as re-used naptha.

#59 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

A friend recently tried this tek out and got almost all white crystals without cleaning. This was cool but kinda baffled me because I've always seen it yellow before cleaning with a STB extraction. It was same source of MHRB , but their MHRB was kept in a freezer for a couple months.

The polar wash does clean out a good bit of color, and on smaller extractions, the DMT can freeze precipitate white. The larger extractions still seem to come out a bit yellow, but recrystallization isn't very tough and can make it as pure as can be.

Ya come to think of it I think it was a bit smaller extraction than this tek calls for which is probablywhy it was more white before wash. I just didn't know if storing the MHRB (not the pulls) in the freezer a couple months had anything to do with it? As I've heard freezing the bark will break down the cell walls faster. It just seemed that way (have no experience in knowing one way or another) since it was around the same ratios and source used but the yellow was obtained by using the bark fresh and the white came right out of pulls using bark frozen for a couple months. Do you know if theres any truth to that? Sorry if gettin off topic in your thread man.

#60 Shamsu

Shamsu

Forever Searching

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:12 PM

awsome pictoral tek, i like the way you utilised the gatorade bottle for seperation. that was a good pull too, nice crystals. a man after my own heart

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!