This idea was started by 69ron over at the DMTnexus. For original tek see here- [link]
I am also combining the mescaline salting using carbonated water (carbonic acid, mescaline carbonate) here- [link]
1 gal milk jug to make carbonate salts in
1 one qt Mason jar to make acetate salts in
Funnel (I used 2L bottle neck.)
Coffee filters, 3 or so
Plastic milk jug or similar HDPE or PP5 container - not polystyrene
100 grams cactus powder (can be Achuma, pedro or torch)
25 grams calcium hydroxide
3L Carbonated water
It uses all food safe ingredients for the extraction and salting of the alkaloids. Calcium hydroxide can be bought at most W****** stores and d-limonene is sold as orange oil, might have to call around to find some.
I started with 200g powdered trich. bridgesii cactus.
I added 50g calcium hydroxide and 1200mL water. (The tek only calls for 600mL h20, and this was kind of a stupid mistake on my part, it SAYS that your yield is reduced when you add too much water, but I have pulled 1.7% already I think it would be easier to work with if you only add 600 though.) When you add the 600mL of water to 200g of cactus it will seem wet, but not watery. Looks like bread dough or something. Mine does not illustrate this, but here is the picture I have.
Add 600mL of d-limonene to cactus mixture and let it sit for about 6 hours. Decant the d-limonene from the top of the cactus and add 50mL of standard food grade 5% vinegar.
Decanted limonene into separate 1g milk jug. At this point I evaporated the first vinegar salting to see what would be yielded and it was this-
After this I salted the limonene with vinegar two more times, then added the carbonated water. Picture below. When you add the carbonated water, shake it several times, but be sure to release the pressure or the lid will shoot off. First pull yielded 2.1g of waxy crystalline substance.
Add another 600 mL of limonene to the top of the cactus. You can remove this in several hours, but I let mine sit for several days, and a very wicked third layer formed.
I added 10g more base and put it in a hot water bath at this point and the layer seemed to become more well defined, allowing me to separate the second limonene pull.
Salted second pull with vinegar twice and carbonated water, then evaporated to yield 1.3 g waxy crystalline substance.
So far I have yielded 3.4g of acetate and carbonate salts, or 1.7% and that is just from the first two pulls.
My third pull is in the carbonate salting step right now, As soon as it is finished I will update this thread.
If you have any questions, Feel Free to ask!
Edited by Sidestreet, 10 September 2016 - 03:59 PM.