dpwishy

A Fisher Of Souls

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 1,971 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:56 AM

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1253710396

NEW YORK (CBS) Pinheads! That's what some people are thinking after a security camera caught undercover drug investigators from central Florida playing Wii bowling during a nine-hour drug raid.

In March, police stormed the Lakeland home of convicted drug dealer Michael Difalco with guns drawn and flashlights at the ready. But searching for drugs is hard work and what the crack squad of officers thought they really needed was an invigorating game of bowling.

Fortunately Difalco had a Nintendo Wii and a big screen TV at the ready!

Strike!

Turns out Difalco also put up a wireless camera that he connected to his computer, which caught all the "investigative" hijinks.

As some of the more diligent officers searched the residence for illegal drugs and other illicit items, a couple of Florida's finest began bowling frame after frame - all within 20 minutes of entering the suspect's house.

In the video, one female detective can be seen going through evidence one moment and throwing strikes and gutter balls the next. She even jumped up and down when she threw a double!

And she is not the only one.

The High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Task Force, which conducted the raid, says its mission is to reduce drug trafficking in the most critical areas of the country, thereby reducing its impact in other areas. It is not clear how video games became involved in the mission.

Law enforcement officials from Polk County Sheriff's Office and police departments from Auburndale, Lakeland and Winter Haven participated in the raid.

"Certainly this was a case of bad judgment," Auburndale Police Chief Nolan McLeod said to The Tampa Tribune. "We will handle it appropriately."

"If there is any indication that someone did something inappropriately, we will do something about it," Winter Haven police Sgt. Brad Coleman said to the paper.

But will the virtual bowling tournament affect the case against Difalco?

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd doesn’t think so. "That absolutely is not true; that doesn't invalidate the search at all," Judd told the Tribune.

Police say they found marijuana, meth, weapons, drug paraphernalia and over $30,000 of stolen property during the March raid. Difalco's arrest record dates back to at least 1995 and he has already spent three years in prison.

It doesn’t look like he is going anywhere fast.

Love, peace, compassion and respect
-wishy

In the midst of a drug raid on a house that apparently took nine full hours and cost $4,000, cops apparently were distracted by Wii bowling. Reports say they started the game up within 20 minutes of entering the house and spent hours playing it.

love, peace, compassion and respect
-wishy

Attached Thumbnails

• cops.jpg

#2 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:34 AM

Yet another reason the fuzz makes me nauseous.

#3 Burger

Burger

Old Hand.

• OG VIP
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:12 AM

Auburndale Police Chief Nolan McLeod said to The Tampa Tribune. 'We will handle it appropriately.'

:bs:

#4 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,580 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

Classic. :weedpoke:

I'm going to install TVs and Wii consoles in the trunk of my car, outside the front and back door of my house, and anywhere else I can think of that would be a good place to redirect the attention of any LEOs with ADD. :reb:

#5 noosphere

noosphere

WOMP

• Expired Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

A couple summers ago I was living with a dude that was selling lots of weed out of his house. One morning the local narcotics unit kicked in our door and did the whole cop routine. When they found out I had nothing to do with the selling of the weed and couldn't really arrest me they then decided that my Wii, Xbox, games, and DVDs were all bought with drug money even though I had bought all that stuff months before I moved into the house. I asked if there was a way I could get my stuff back and they said I could go to jail, court, etc and try that way. What happened is if they don't make an arrest anything they take they don't have to submit as evidence. There's some pig who has my Wii in his house right now.

#6 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

Such is the norm noosphere. They take what they can and sort it all out later. And by sort it out I mean "This one for you, this one for me, 'huff, huff, huff, blow', this one for you this one for me... and so on.

#7 thatgreenthumb

thatgreenthumb

Mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

id bet they only meant to play a game or two as a quick break, but lost track of time when they smoked some of his weed.

Cops busting down doors to play video games...i love how they use my tax dollars!

#8 junior1

junior1

Cacooey

• Expired Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:16 PM

Wonder how long the raid would of took if the guy had an atari 2600.

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• atari game pitfall.jpg

#9 Doqaz

Doqaz

Werepuppie GigaCrabRider

• Expired Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that. Cops are meant to uphold the law; not as rolemodels.

#10 BotanyPhD

BotanyPhD

Ska Ska

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

I would have done the same thing... I am addicted to the Wii..damn Mario Cart!

#11 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

Dude, whatever, he's just lucky they didn't take it. Cops are the almighty. They do as they wish and rarely answer to anyone.
  • Shroomette likes this

#12 masterplain88

masterplain88

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 809 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

yea right the proof in video. they should all lose their jobs if it was one of "us" you could count on it.
they are in the work feild not in the office or at home.
masterplain88

"If there is any indication that someone did something inappropriately, we will do something about it," Winter Haven police Sgt. Brad Coleman said to the paper.

#13 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

What's the harm in takin a lil break from searching for meth with a couple rounds of wii? I bet the officers who played were much calmer and less aggressive than if he hadn't provided any sort of outlet for them.

Its not like its used up or broken or anything like that, and like someone else mentioned they didn't take it, amazingly enough.

What would really have been offensive would be if they had made sammiches from the food in his fridge. :horse:

Police say they found marijuana, meth, weapons, drug paraphernalia and over $30,000 of stolen property during the March raid.

Meth weapons and stolen property? This guy gets no respect from me, they shoulda smashed his wii and made him eat it, imho.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!