Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Private Cyan Reporting For Active Duty (Psilocybe Cyanescens 2009)

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#41 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• Expired Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:04 PM

Beautiful work Hyph! :eusa_clap I can't wait to see your azures later this season.

#42 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

Pic of the month nomination...
Posted Image

#43 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,136 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

All three Cyans beds are fruiting now. One is just showing pins for the first time. This bed fruited last year but developed a horrible yellow slime that attacked the fruits. Last fall I mostly gutted it and removed the infected chips , then backfilled with new chips , straw and fresh spawn.

The second bed is the one shown in most of the pics above. It fruited nicely and I picked just about everything off it by now. There are new pins forming , but they are hard to see and I can't tell if they will fruit as good as the last batch.

The third bed is much bigger than the other two. It had an incredible flush in about half of it and sparse but existent in the other. The half that did go off really fruited thickly in clumps. I harvest the ripe ones and leave the others so it seems like 2 days later there is just as many or more.

All the fruits are staying fairly small. Most get to the stage where the veil breaks and the cap opens , but none have got to the stage you see in pictures with the flipped up , wavy caps. I think this has a lot to do with humidity. I'm far from the coast and way higher than somewhere like Seattle. I'm actually just happy they can fruit here at all !

I went to pick out a small handful for a friends birthday present and I noticed two slugs climbed up on the biggest two fruits. Damn I wish I had a camera to capture that. It was really funny looking. They were just hanging out there , sucking the juices of the Cyans.

I took them off the fruits and set them on a surface nearby. After twenty minutes they still hadn't moved at all. I don't know if slugs can get high , but these two sure looked incapacitated. :pirate:

#44 morbidangel

morbidangel

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

great work on the patches, they look amazing. i hope to give some woodlovers a try, might be haard though im in zone 4

#45 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,965 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:12 PM

Hell, man, props for getting any harvest at all.

I've never gotten an outdoor Cyan bed to do anything worth mentioning. I would consider fruiting at all to be a high end success.

#46 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,136 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

The snowline is creeping down the mountain and it was near freezing last night. I was considering the idea of making a plastic sheet greenhouse several inches over the beds , with some air-holes.

The idea would be to help prevent freezing , extend the season and also keep the humidity up (I can spray a fine mist under the plastic).

Any thoughts on whether or not this is a good idea for P. Cyans ?

#47 nightflyer

nightflyer

Far Journeys

• Expired Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

The snowline is creeping down the mountain and it was near freezing last night. I was considering the idea of making a plastic sheet greenhouse several inches over the beds , with some air-holes.
The idea would be to help prevent freezing , extend the season and also keep the humidity up (I can spray a fine mist under the plastic).
Any thoughts on whether or not this is a good idea for P. Cyans ?

That's exactly what I did last year! :)
But without air-holes.
It worked great.
But beware of the wind!

#48 Buzztea

Buzztea

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:01 PM

yeah do that...my azures liked it and oborded without protection

#49 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,136 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

Its suppose to freeze tonight so I covered all the beds with plastic. Here's some photos of what the beds looked like before I gave them their greenhouses.

I'll write more later.

:headbang:

Attached Thumbnails

• cyans1.JPG
  • cyans2.JPG
  • cyans3.JPG
  • cyans5.JPG
  • cyans4.JPG

#50 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,136 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:06 AM

Couple more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• cyano2.JPG
  • cyano1.JPG

#51 Pure Madness

Pure Madness

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:29 PM

My hats off dude. Truly amazing.

#52 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,742 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

Yeah those look amazing Hyph. :bow: Keep us updated!

#53 copelandiaKidd

copelandiaKidd

I am

• Free Member
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:12 AM

cannot wait to try my hand @ woodlovers! They seem so giving if done right!!!!

#54 P4ulada

P4ulada

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 945 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:54 AM

These cap doesn´t remember a Psi. cyan?
I grow z-strain this time and one cake and one bulk gave me this type of shrooms. Not appears to be like the others (did at the same conditions :neutral:)
I think it´s because the place inside the FC was with very high humidity...

P Cyan 2.jpg

Sometimes it happens to me, it´s strange :eusa_sile

Nice pics hyphaenation ^^
I hope someday I can find mines

Attached Thumbnails

• P Cyan 1.jpg

#55 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:36 AM

Your patch is looking good! :loveeyes:

#56 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,136 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

We had a hard frost the other night. It had been frosty for a few nights so I put plastic sheets over the beds in the form of a small greenhouse a few inches off the ground.

The greenhouses worked good and created lots of humidity buildup. One day it got warmer and I pulled off the plastic on my main bed. I had planned on returning before dark to place it back on but ended up at a big dinner event.

Yesterday morning when I came back to check there were many fruits that had turned a dark/dull color. They had frozen solid ! I knew if I did'nt pick them that they would go to waste immediately.

I picked about 100 grams fresh and then placed the greenhouse plastic sheet back over the bed. Then I dried the fruits in a basket in a warm area of the house. They look fine and dry now. Got them just in time !

The next couple days were very cold , especially in the shade under trees and so I kept the plastic on all day/night. The plastic does really work great but its main draw-back is that you can now easily see the beds from 40 paces ...

Yesterday it warmed up and I removed the plastic on all the beds. Got a nice steady drizzle of rain over night and through the day today. Weather is suppose to warm up and more rain this week.

All the Cyans beds are pinning now , even last years patch of 100 % knotweed chips. The bed that I removed the yellow mold gunk from and added fresh chips last fall is throwing lots of pins now. The bed in the first pictures in this thread rested for a bit and is now pinning again. The biggest bed that partially froze has lots of pins of various sizes. I hope this bed really explodes as it warms up to regular temperatures plus rain.

I had one Cyans fruit that was 3 or 4 times the size of any others. I took the whole stalk , dipped it in bleached water and then placed it in a jar sandwiched between disks of soaked corrugated cardboard.

Soon there was obvious white mycelium cresting the surface of the cardboard so I added two more disks on top. I'm now drying some knotweed stalks to chip and will add pasteurized chips to the Cyans clone-jar. From there I will spawn those chips to bigger tubs of knotweed/woodchips/straw/cradboard and let them colonize. Ultimately I will "plant" that spawn in a new clone-bed and see it makes any difference in fruiting.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the P.Cyans in the next few weeks. As the next flushes fruit i'll try and get some pictures.

Posted Image

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

• cyans.JPG

#57 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,136 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:56 PM

cannot wait to try my hand @ woodlovers ! They seem so giving if done right!!!!

Woodlovers take awhile to get going , but its an amazing journey. Like Waylitjim said (which is still making me laugh) " Its the gift that keeps on giving" ... so true !

Everything you need to get started with ps. woodlovers is available through Mycotopia.

For anyone who is woodlover-curious I highly recommend you read up on the relevant threads in this super-awesome/kick ass link.

http://mycotopia.net...ic-roundup.html

#58 nightflyer

nightflyer

Far Journeys

• Expired Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

I had one Cyans fruit that was 3 or 4 times the size of any others. I took the whole stalk , dipped it in bleached water and then placed it in a jar sandwiched between disks of soaked corrugated cardboard.
Soon there was obvious white mycelium cresting the surface of the cardboard

Very interesting, keep us updated!
When I soak corrugated cardboard, I add 3gr. / 1L water of
a high quality liquid plant fertilizer.

#59 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,136 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for the comments and advice ... :heart:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• cyans8.jpg
  • cyans9.jpg
  • cyans6.JPG
  • cyans3.JPG
  • cyans4.JPG
  • cyans7.JPG
  • cyans.JPG
  • cyans2.JPG

• waylitjim likes this

#60 1BADBAJA

1BADBAJA

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

I just harvested 160g wet from the first flush. dried to about 16g dry. Ate some freshies the other nite, good times.

http://mycotopia.net...washington.html

Waylitjim just wondering how many g's wet is proper? We guessed at 4 full size ones and had a good time..

Not tryin to threadjack just a link to more pics and info. thx

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!