• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#21 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:52 AM

Wouw, that's a lot of cakes. :bow: Good luck!

I also did a bit of "operations analysis" on number of hand movements etc, though mostly for printing because I never inoculated more than 15 cakes at a time, I think, maybe less than that too. It's definitely worth the effort to evaluate one's procedure now and then, IME.

#22 Guest_mystic_*

Guest_mystic_*

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:59 AM

Pics I want to see pics of this 120 cakes. Man that has to be a lovely sight.

#23 shroom31

shroom31

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:39 AM

i hope ur camera has a panoramic function on it cause u might need to to take a pic of that many cakes ahaha

#24 BGB

BGB

the one who ate too many.

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

here are a few pics of them incubating, it hasn't even been a week since innoculation and they're around 60 70% done. I start exposing to light at around 85-90%.

Attached Thumbnails

• 003.JPG
  • 004.JPG

#25 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

Exposing them to light will start the pinning faster. I expose from day one (growing the cakes invitro) and usually see pins around 21-27 days.

#26 dinosaur

dinosaur

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

Eye stick with g2g with rye, cuz you can make 40 jars into 150 jars in 3 weeks, without waiting. but eye use those big pickle jars(1 gallon)Eye make 4 casings per jar with hpoo/coir/verm. Eye always get 7 or 8 flushes no bullsh!t, 5 of them are big. Eye get 3/4-1 a zip per flush per casing.
:nunchuck:

#27 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

We're just hobbyists man. :reb:

No need to list the number of jars/cakes especially when it gets up over a hundred.

Not trying to be rude , just safe.

#28 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

alrighty then :) Maybe newbies can benefit from seeing how much work this is to do this many cakes and decide to never go this route. My question is, what about those folks who post BULK threads? I am a hobbyist as well :) Believe me, it does not matter if they catch you with 12 or 120. Cultivation is cultivation. I'm an under the belief that I would rather take a large risk for a short period of time as apposed to taking a large risk for a long period of time. With this batch I can stop growing for close to a year. Please dont take me wrong kind sir, I hope I'm not coming off as a asshole. :) I do understand where you're coming from though. There will be no more BULK threads from me, promise :)

#29 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

I only mentioned it because 120 cakes were brought up and then later someone mentioned 150. What I was trying to articulate is that the number of jars or cakes is not impressive to us and doesn't need to be mentioned (in my opinion).

You can see how it could progress to people posting hundreds of jars and cakes. Thats all I was saying.

Carry on , you have a good thread going. I was just looking out for the site and speaking my mind.

#30 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

I can see your point of view. I guess it was reckless to post this thread with the number of cakes. I guess I was just proud of all the work I did. From now on I will take your advice. I dont want to stir any stuff up around here. I really like the site and I do appreciate your concern for the safety of both the site and myself. I appreciate ya! :):):)

#31 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

We seriously want people to succeed and love seeing pictures and getting progress reports.

It's kind of a group effort.

Best of luck with your projects.

#32 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:12 PM

I did notice in your pictures that you have a nitro powered monster truck,looks real nice too...who makes it?any hop ups/add ons?.I myself am into Rc and have had quite a few over the years.I still have my T maxx and a nitro swamp boat which is pretty fun.I have had a few planes too but turned out I wasn't a great pilot and gave those up.HAHAHHA.

#33 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

I did notice in your pictures that you have a nitro powered monster truck,looks real nice too...who makes it?any hop ups/add ons?.I myself am into Rc and have had quite a few over the years.I still have my T maxx and a nitro swamp boat which is pretty fun.I have had a few planes too but turned out I wasn't a great pilot and gave those up.HAHAHHA.

Oh man, this is a TMAXX Murderer! This is a team losi lst2, muggified, its got HD HP skids underneath. Its got a losi 454 .28 8 port engine. Its got an aluminum clutch. It has aluminum steering knuckles, a dynamite engine brace, cen 23mm hubs. New era roll cage, forward only conversion on the tranny with the gearflip for more top end speed. It has jp3 pipe, cen wheels, proline wheels with moabs tires. All kinds of goodies! Ill start a new thread in general for this beast, so you can check it out! PLUR

#34 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

UPDATE: Cakes are 80% will start exposing to light monday morning I would imagine. Temps are staying stable at 84f. Not one contam thus far out of 120 cakes. NOT ONE!

#35 P4ulada

P4ulada

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 945 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

Wow, ultra impressive bro!
What you gonna do with this unreasonable amount of shrooms? =]

I did 30 jars with z, until now I just had used 12 as cakes/ bulks, now I have around 20 jars that I don´t want to take out, but I wanna grow other strain =/

I did a monotub huhu my first, I hope that I´ll try until don´t have any jar hehe
I´ll also frozen 2 cakes for 1 year just to see if it´ll be working yet =]

Nice job bro, anxieted to see your results ^^

#36 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

Put a cracker dry, quarter pound in a crock pot and set it on low for 24 hours to cook. It'll cold bust your asses!

#37 Guest_mystic_*

Guest_mystic_*

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

Put a cracker dry, quarter pound in a crock pot and set it on low for 24 hours to cook. It'll cold bust your asses!

:eusa_clap Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

#38 ThirdEyePriedWide

ThirdEyePriedWide

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:01 AM

just... Wow! :eusa_clap

#39 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:53 AM

you did a nice job maintaining that temp of 84 huh? have you notice optimal growth speed in all of them, or most of them, or is there too many to check? heh, swim finds 82-84 to be like more than perfect, (adjustment for mycelial heat), foaf always seems to shoot for 86-87 and winds up with stalls in growth towards the end of colonization...

it's funny to me, how the hell would you check up on the progress of all of those? i guess just set aside some time to flip through em now and again?

#40 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

If your ambient incubation temp is 86F-87F, the inside of a fast growing PF style jar can get up to 89F-90F.

90F is warm enough to both stunt mycelia growth and cause excessive evaporation. Once a cake gets too dry, it will stall.

Healthy mycelia growth is highly exothermic - myc generates/radiates heat as it grows.
  • Xecuter33 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!