• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#41 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

i can't wait to see those FRUITING. i am sitting on the edge of my seat, bro. :amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed:

#42 BGB

BGB

the one who ate too many.

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

Me too! Things are going VERY FAST with these two strains but the Z is kicking the most ass at this point IMO. Fruiting pics will be up in a couple of weeks, Until then more work to do. Im thinking of taking them out of the incubator tomorrow if everything looks alright. I might have to wait for a few to catch up, nickle holding up a dime type deal but I want to see 12 bins in full bloom and I know you do too!

#43 GlitchInSpace

GlitchInSpace

whitethumb

• OG VIP
  • 1,106 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:48 AM

wow that is a whole lot of work. i guess when you party you go big. keep us updated with pics :teeth:

#44 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:38 AM

More pics on the way today. I just got the jars out of the incubator. They are being exposed to natural sunlight. That's another thing I "think" contributes to massive pin sets and flushes. 108 jars are 95-100% and other 12 need a couple of more days of incubation. Pics will be up tonight! PLUR

#45 p2k1

p2k1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:14 AM

Are you planning on letting your cakes "consolidate" and sit for a week after colonization or going straight into fruiting to try to make your Halloween deadline? If your jars are almost done youve got plenty of time.
I never fruited cakes (spawned to bulk) but a credible source (mycologist) said that you should allow your cakes to sit (about a week if I recall correctly) once fully colonized to allow the mycellium to digest the substrate. He said this process goes on when you birth a cake anyways, except its now exposed to open air instead of its sterile jar. He also noted that that cakes that have been allowed to sit and "consolidate" pin much faster. Since it seems you have the time you should consider looking into it.
And yes I do believe sunlight will be more beneficial to you than any other kind of light. If you really want a bunch of pins you could wrap the jars in foil to get them to pin everywhere from the reflection (Hippie has a pic of this somewhere in an invitro jar)

#46 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:57 AM

I'm keeping an eye on this thread... :headbang:

#47 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

Cultivation is cultivation. I'm an under the belief that I would rather take a large risk for a short period of time as apposed to taking a large risk for a long period of time.

I'm completely for eye-popping grows, and I'm rooting for you, but don't forget that in most places--if not all of them-- sentencing gets much harsher the more one has in their satchel.

Be careful bud! :reb:

#48 Leftover Salmon

Leftover Salmon

Bold as Love

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

Pulling up a seat..;)

#49 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

Yea it was a little work but I got everything done in a day. I had a little help. My new PC hold 32 pf jars at once though so it only took 4 PC sessions. I was thinking of doing mono tubs but I dont have a drill or polyfill. I will fan this time but its no biggie. I can't wait to show you guys the pics of the mountains of boomers this will produce!

Is your PC a 23 qt Presto? I have one and mine only holds 24 half pints, and I have a makeshift platform on the bottom that keeps the bottom row of jars 3" off the bottom of the PC so boiling water won't slosh in them because they're so short.

#50 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

Sure is, never had a problem with water getting in the jars though. I only PC for around 35 minutes and I always use around an inch to an inch and a half of water in the PC itself. Here are a few pics of 100 jars being exposed to light. They will be taken out and fruited in one week from today. Getting close!

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG
  • 002.JPG

• mycobri likes this

#51 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

oh and the PC box said that it only held 24 half pint jars but I found otherwise. If you stack them in there tightly I found one can fit 32 in there without any of the jars touching the PC walls. I dont know about the regular half pint jars though.
  • Jose_sixpac likes this

#52 Leftover Salmon

Leftover Salmon

Bold as Love

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:19 PM

What's in the aquarium to the right of the table?

#53 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

She is a hypotangerine leopard gecko. Full grown and gorgeous as can be, her name is becky! She was a gift to my old lady for valentines day :) I just had a little young'n die a couple of weeks ago due to impaction from the earlier owner. I am somewhat of a animal lover. :) She is a perfect example of her species and a great gecko for the first time reptile owner. She does not need high uv specific lighting because she is nocturnal. She poops in the same place everytime, so clean up is easy. I have a pic of her, let me find it right quick. Not a perfect pic but I didnt want to hurt her eyes as they are very sensitive. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 004-15.jpg

#54 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

#1 DAMN YOU'RE CRAZY, that is a shit ton of jars! i still cant wait to see em fruit :loveeyes:

#2 your gecko is cute as heck. i want to get a lizard or a bearded dragon. :)

#55 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

Thanks so much! I am actually pondering the thought of adding 120 invitro jars to the party! LMAO! Seriously though, they are great animals, they dont like to be held that much but Im sure you have gained patience through mycology. They do better living alone, imo. I will try and snap a couple of shots of her tomorrow when its light outside anyways. She has actually grown quite a bit since this pic was taken close to a year ago. :) Thanksfor stopping by the thread :)

#56 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

you bet, this thread is great. you are rather ambitious. LOL. mountains of PF cakes and a tangerine gecko... what's not to love! :heart:

#57 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

sweet Table-full of jars :D

looks like the odds will be in your favor :thumbup:

#58 GlitchInSpace

GlitchInSpace

whitethumb

• OG VIP
  • 1,106 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:52 AM

definitely like the gecko, i had a awesome bearded dragon with beautiful colors but gave it to my parents as they were in a better position to take care of it then i was. wow your actually thinking about adding another 120 jars? you seriously don't play :bow:

#59 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:43 AM

Thanks so much! I am actually pondering the thought of adding 120 invitro jars to the party! LMAO! Seriously though, they are great animals, they dont like to be held that much but Im sure you have gained patience through mycology. They do better living alone, imo. I will try and snap a couple of shots of her tomorrow when its light outside anyways. She has actually grown quite a bit since this pic was taken close to a year ago. :) Thanksfor stopping by the thread :)

If you fruited those jars invitro, it would be a lot less work--but not nearly as pretty. Good vibes, bro; you are getting close!

#60 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

Wow, that is a hell of a lot of jars! Looking good.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!