• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#81 Jose_sixpac

Jose_sixpac

Djembe~Woof

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

Wow Mom wow! good work, prepare to start some hella-fied drying cycles.

so recently ive eliminated the factors of my contams. 1) straw 2) wbs grain and now everything is perfect.

Yep I have to agree with you eats, my friend says, pop corn has been the majic bean for them too. Out of three wbs bulk trys, two didn't make it past the spawn before contams got them, they got one fruit from the one surviving wbs tray, then it triched out them also.

They said the PF cakes worked with min contams, but didn't yeld half of what the popcorn (BB Nuggz) did. And they relayed to me that so far they have had no contams with the popcorn, (unlike wbs, and pf cakes) they are preparing for the second dunk as we speak. So far they said the BB Nuggz, after the 1st dunk 4-5"x7" mini popcorn tubs have produced 6 or 7 26 gram single fruits (wet) and as an average the others weighed in at about 18 to 20 gram each and have netted 2.5 oz of dried edibles so far.

They were nocced up on the 13Th of Sep, and have been fruiting since the 6th of oct.

Good luck with the tubs o cakes mon...sending Blue button blessings your way amigo.

Staypuffed

_j0se~

#82 growurown

growurown

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

right on man. missed that. I have a normal leo gecko and two chinese water dragons. Prefer the dragons to the gecko because there more active and vicious. it can be cool to see the leopard stalk the crickets does yours twitch its tail before attack to.
sorry off topic. but dig the lizard

#83 Guest_mystic_*

Guest_mystic_*

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

:dance::dance::dance: PINS! :dance::dance::dance: :heartbeat

MLB thanks for the support brother man! I am overreacting, I left for around 6 hours today and came home and BAM, pins galore. I cant wait to find that one cluster that is above all others. Hopefully she will be uber potent too!

Omni! Thanks for stopping by the thread. Things are really looking up now. I am just freaking out because I had a strain of Brazilians that pinned within three days of being birthed. It was the absolute fastest thing I've ever seen, EVERY jar from multispore was fully colonized within 8 days with that strain. I dont know who the vendor was because it was a gift but it was insane! Im sure I will have at least 200 grams before halloween. I am going to have a contest for prints, guessing the entire weight, both second flush and first flush. There will be a ton of prints up for grabs with so why not?

Cope! It is a lot of work and it cost me a little to invest initially but it will pay off soon enough with enough trips to last a man a couple of years! Thanks for stopping by the thread!

Salmon! Thanks for the posivibes bro! And yes the Z strain pinned 3 days before the Brazilians did! One of these babies has your name all over it! PLUR...:)

EatU! Whats up Homie!? Man I wish I could get harvests like yours my man. I have a 23 qt pressure cooker finally! And I think you're right brother man. I am ready to move on. I might do one more pf cake run to try and find some worthy genetics. I have been apprehensive to cut holes in my bins, but with your help I will pretty much do anything you say as I have the utmost respect for your work! This has always been kind of novel for me, ya know, the pf tek. I've always loved the speed of it personally. Plus the ability to remove contamed cakes one by one, as opposed to tossing out whole bins. I have two questions for you, one what is the fastest one can achieve actual fruits with monotub/ bulk teks? I planning on using coir, verm, castings, and maybe some grain tossed in for good measure. (all sterilized btw) I know strain, environmental conditions, temps, and light all have a factor, but if all are ideal, how fast can I see fruit from knocking up grain jars until Im picking fruit. Two, how are your contam rates my friend? PS I still have a pan print you gave me back in 2003 LOL

#84 P4ulada

P4ulada

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 945 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

Industrial scale production ^^
This cakes are from clones?
I think you´ll get lots of lots of shroom huuhu
Congratz man, wonderful job ;)

#85 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,108 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

<---- can't wait to see what 120 fruiting cakes looks like.
  • eastwood likes this

#86 Cia Oregon

Cia Oregon

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:46 AM

120 cakes! Wow!

Hard work will be put very rewarding!

great job man

#87 BGB

BGB

the one who ate too many.

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

Great tips EatU! Thanks for the info my friend! I will start off with a couple of bins and then go from there my friend! You da man bubba! Thanks everyone else. although I saw plenty of condensation on the walls of the FC I am under the impression that there was not 100% humidity in there. So what I did was line the top of the FC with plastic garbage bags and then the top was put on after that. I just woke up and looked and things "seem" a lot more humid, more condensation on the walls, like a very fine mist. Im hoping that things take a turn for the better but it appears as though the 1st flush will be crap, hence a complete fucking disaster in my eyes. :(
But I am an optimist and I believe that these cakes are strong and will bounce back! Pics will still be posted for the first flush as soon as I can really say that I have a "flush" things are going so fucking slow at this point...:( I should have done harvested the first flush in my mind... :(

#88 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

Oh and unless ralphsters Brazilians show me something special on the second flush then the spores will be going back into the fridge or the trash can. I was expecting so much form them. but I guess its a little too early to tell. The humidity is fine in the bins but I am still not impressed with what I am seeing from either strain as of now. The z strain is show up. Fruits are popping up on the z cakes but I no real clusters to speak of, the rhizomorphic mycelium is gorgeous to look at, and its stretching out in all directions, so I know the humidity is high enough and has been for a while BUT I was expecting so much more from them. I am going to hold out hope for a monstrous second flush though. I am fanning and spraying anywhere from 2-3 times daily with good, fresh water. Nothing is showing signs of any sort of contam, so that is a good thing. They are gettin natural sunlight, diffused of course. I have not over watered the cakes, but the double end casing does stay moist all of the time. Sheesh, it is time to move on the some monotubs with a cloned specimen. I hope something pops up worth cloning soon. I am ready to get this second batch in the incubator. END RANT...LOL
  • zodd likes this

#89 Leftover Salmon

Leftover Salmon

Bold as Love

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

Salmon! Thanks for the posivibes bro! And yes the Z strain pinned 3 days before the Brazilians did! One of these babies has your name all over it! PLUR...:)

Brother Thanks! I will def. return the favor in the future. I hear and see good things about this "z" strain. Hope that your second flush is better than the first my friend. Wish I had some sound advice to give,,, but it seems you got it on lock!

Did ya make an LC of the Brazillians and or Z?

Thanks again homeslice.

#90 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

pics of crappy flushes are better than no pics at all....:)

#91 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

If you do Ralph's Brazillian invitro, let me know how it goes. I got a syringe of them spores laying around. I might break out the shelf I built that holds 13x13 1/2 pint WM jars in the near future. (That's right, 169 jars). I've only done Texas invitro. They were hella dense, can store two ounces in a qt jar as opposed to one ounce per qt from bulk trays. Pumped out 5+ flushes in 3 months.

#92 shroom31

shroom31

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

Heisenberg can u post a link to Ralph's Brazillian invitro i cant find it. thanks

#93 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:33 PM

To be honest, at this point, in the first flush, I am SUPER disappointed in the brazilians from ralph. Not nagging on ralph because Im sure there are many factors that are into play, but the z's are kicking the brazilians ass in ever aspect. The fruit thusfar from the brazilians are pitiful in both size and numbers. I wish I would have never picked this strain to be honest. I have seen better flushes of pf aborts than what Im getting out of the brazilians. Time will tell though. :) Pics will come soon!

#94 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

Make sure to fan those tubs well, at least 3 times a day. Show us some pics inside of the tubs. Close to the cakes.

#95 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:50 AM

Heisenberg can u post a link to Ralph's Brazillian invitro i cant find it. thanks

Oh dude, it's not a Tek, but I got my Brazillian syringe from Ralphsters, and wondering on the performance invitro.

#96 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

Lazlo I will get some shots from inside the brazilian tubs tonight to show you guys! In the meantime here are a couple of shots of a harvest of three cakes from this morning, strain is Z btw! Oh and lazlo I will start fanning three times a day and see how that works out for me. I usually only fan twice daily but I am going to start fanning once in the middle of the dark period to see if that gets me anywhere better. Thanks for the advice and I will try it out. The brazilians are starting to look a little better but they are WAY behind the z strain in every aspect IMO. Both strains were treated the exact same way, in every aspect. Thanks you guys and be on the lookout for some more shots coming soon! PLUR

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 027.jpg
  • Picture 024.jpg
  • Picture 022.jpg

#97 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

Shoot, man, those look very meaty. You should not be so hard on yourself. Good vibes, as ever.

#98 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

Let us know about the potency of the Z strain. A FOAF (no shit, I don't know the guy but do know his friend) grew some Z's, and the potency lacked big time and my Amazonian blew his mind.

#99 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:49 AM

Thanks MLB! They are coming along just fine, I wish I would have done 120 Z's as opposed to 60 of each though. The brazilians are super small this flush. The largest fruit from them has been around 3-4 inches. They are gorgeous mushrooms, the Brazilians, but they are small this flush for some reason. There are many factors to take into account, maybe they dont like the substrate, maybe they like a lower RH, maybe higher. I have to rule out a few things I guess before I can go slamming the strain. I have yet to see a monster from them though. Nothing worth cloning atm.

Heisen, there are many factors that come into play with potency IMO. Substrate, flush, plus they may have cloned a less than par fruit with low potency. They may have dried it improperly at a high temp. Who knows but I will report back on the potency as soon as they are consumed! Promise! Thanks for stopping by the thread! :)

PLUR!!!

#100 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,108 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

pics!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!