Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

big fruits off cakes. nice going!

#102 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

Beautiful cluster there, man. Nice pics!

Great thread.

#103 Ben Dover

Ben Dover

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

Good stuff man! Those are some nice sized fruits from cakes

They look like some good cloning material

#104 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

Not sure how the rest of the crop is doing. But if you want to do another 120, use Koh Samui "super strain". Goes off with applications like you're using and doesn't require much FAE at all to go off.

#105 BGB

BGB

the one who ate too many.

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

Great tip lazlo! I will try to scoop one up in the free print ring if anyone ever offers one up. I have already spent a couple hundred with the sponsors this month and they aren't getting anymore, (so my old lady says) LOL But anyways thanks a lot guys, I would show you pics of the bins but they are coming along in multiple waves and not uniform flushes like one would imagine. Kinda weird, but here are a couple of shots from this mornings harvest. Brazilians on one plate, z on the other. I have picked plates full like this for the last 5 days. We're still on the first flush, I have found my first contam in one bin, guess which strain? Thats right brazilian. I have started upping the fanning and spraying to 3 times a day and will probably go for four. I have noticed that the brazilians have responded nicely to it. I cant wait until the second flush! In hindsight I wish I would have went with all Z's I would have had double the weight I have now, or well, live and learn!

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 029.jpg
  • Picture 034.jpg
  • Picture 033.jpg
  • Picture 032.jpg

• Leftover Salmon likes this

#106 shroom31

shroom31

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

B-E-A-Uuuuuuuuu-TIL! :eusa_clap

#107 Leftover Salmon

Leftover Salmon

Bold as Love

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

Be sure and give us a experience report after your Halloween Shindig k.

Those Brazilians have some nice color to the caps. I really dig the darker caramel type. Just so pretty. Suppose that is why Azures are so aesthetically appealing to me.

Again good job, and don't be so hard on yerself. You got some healthy looking good sized fruits mang; and off cakes to boot.:horse:

#108 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

Today's harvest! Thanks salmon ygpm btw! :) Here are a couple of shot form todays pickings. I really wish I would have done 120 z strains to be honest, I know I will next time! Thats for sure! I am going to try and get some pfc's rocking before long but there is no way I will do 120 pfc cakes, that would mean thousands of aborts! But I will clone a nice fruit off of a dozen cakes or so and the next show will bigger and better! I promise!

Oh and I love the look of the brazilians as well and bet they are strong as hell! I hope something worth cloning pops up on these. They are gorgeous! here are some pics. I promise to get some whole bin shots on the second flush. Anyways on with the pics!

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 039.jpg
  • Picture 035.jpg

#109 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

Your grow is looking nice, man. I would suggest using perlite instead of vermiculite for your tubs--it's just so much cleaner.

And you are so hard on yourself: any shrooms is a success. We like cakes around here, and nobody expects a first grow with some new strains to be perfect.

I bet your H-ween party will be a blast. Thanks for posting all the pics and updates.

Peace, brother.

#110 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,105 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

Nice work, BGB. Some of those are nice and big for cakes! :eusa_clap

#111 infamus-reno

infamus-reno

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

def looking good dude, i would use perlite to sit the cakes on and the verm to case so you get the best of both worlds. perlite for humidity and the verm for moisture but i think this might all allow for the chance for more contams. still perfecting my method though.......anyone agree ?

#112 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

Best to put a barrier of some kind between the cakes and the Perlite. Cakes can get kind of waterlogged, plus they grow down into the Perl.

#113 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

To be honest, I like to use verm for humidification. It works great! I have 100% humidity at all times. I place the cakes directly on the vermiculite and they grow into it and seem to absolutely love it. I have only had 1 contam out of 120 so far and I cant see any signs of anything else coming anytime soon but it always shows up around the 3rd flush. I can handle 1 cake going sour out of 120. Thats grat IMO.

Ok update on the total weight of the first flush, I have pulled over 325 grams cracker dry from this flush. I would have had damn near double that if I would have went with all z strain cakes instead of these fucking brazilians. I will never ever fuck with ralphst brazilians again, thats for sure. Out of 60 cakes only one or two fruits grew over 4 inches and they just weren't worth the time. So thats one Im going to cross off my list. I know the growing conditions were right on because the z strain performed marvelously. I will concentrate my efforts on them from now on. But yea 325 grams, that will do for the party, no doubt about it! After my next run with pf cakes I am going to go all monotubs from now on, this fanning shit is for the birds!!!
  • theycallmejake likes this

#114 shroom31

shroom31

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

damn 11.4 ounces dry hats off to u my good man:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

#115 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:18 PM

Nice haul!

If yer gonna go big - go freakin' big.

"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. If it isn't worth overdoing, stop doing it and go do something that is."
-BuckarooBanzai

#116 Joric

Joric

Kikuchiyo

• Expired Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

Very interested to hear your report after Halloween night.

Keep us updated!

#117 copelandiaKidd

copelandiaKidd

I am

• Free Member
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

im lovin that haul!!! keep the pics flowing!!!!! also, a report when you have time! you know we all love it! HEHE

#118 DR.DOOM

DR.DOOM

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:52 PM

nice work how long did that take

#119 BGB

BGB

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts