• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 finite_synapses

finite_synapses

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:03 AM

To make matters worse, the sentence it was used in required the word in question to be a noun, which would simply be "opinion". Obama brought in another 30,000 troops to Afghanistan, so let's hear it for peace through military force! Hip hip hooray! If you kill everyone around you, you will have peace.

#122 ThirdEyePriedWide

ThirdEyePriedWide

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:20 AM

honestly, it was disappointing to me for reasons completely personal and my fault. i grew up thinking someone had to work their whole lives for the prize. i always looked at it from the scientist point of view. it was the einsteins, the feynmans and diracs, that got the prize. this was my mistake, but i still like that idea much better... should be something of a capstone to an exemplary career that moves humanity forward. the case can be made that thats what obamas doing, but einstein got no fame fortune or prize during his time as a patent clerk. you dont win the super bowl for the undefeated season youre about to have. obamas done some amazing things, but getting the presidency is the only one not done by hundreds if not thousands of others, ezually well. i could see art bell getting the prize long before obama. the point of everyone else whos gotten the award is a valid one, but it seems to say that the award has meant nothing for quite some time.

on a side note, obama could cement his place in history and change america for the better, promote justice and so on and so forth much more effectively by ending this malicious and crazy drug war than with health care. ive been without health care for 10+ years with no problems. my water is cut off for a week and im screwed, feel like dying. i think if were gonna give out necessities, health care is pretty far down on the list. no one is denied service in the emergency room. were all denied the freedom to smoke. but now that hes made heath care his flagship effort, and the point of so much contention, i dont see any changes coming in the drug war. really terrible...

#123 finite_synapses

finite_synapses

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

you can always look at the advances that are slowly being made on all fronts in order to give a little pep. I mean, shit, who would have guessed that a MJ bar would open up in Portland, or that a third of the states would make medical MJ a legal thing, or that new medical tests would be opened on MJ? Granted, it's all about the weed, but it lends some people hope. I personally believe anyone should be allowed to do whatever they please as long as they do not interfere with the safety and well-being of others, but I'm kind of crazy. You wanna do heroin? Alright, shoot up, and don't fuck with anyone. Meth? Sure, I've done it before, ain't so scary. Crack? Ditto. The exercise of respect and caution are all that is truly needed, but some people fuck it up for the rest of us. I will never see a society operate in terms of how I would want to see it, but I'm on the absolute fucking fringes. I reject greed, self-hatred, materialism, excess, and ignorance. That, however, is too much for the average man to attempt. I'm getting off track... but remember, baby steps are all that this country is going to take in terms of substance use, so roll with it.

#124 slowmow

slowmow

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

I admit my foolishness on the poor vocab skills. I do, however, stand by my original statement. You know about the NPP. Beastmaster, I too was only jokeing around. I am not some right-wing fruit and nut bar.

#125 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:01 AM

The very nature of being a leader of a nation makes you directly responsible for the death of your own people. It cant be helped by any president no matter what. Offering up the prize to any leader of men seems to be an unwise move.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!