4 replies to this topic

#1 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

Well my harvest hasn't been too good this year.

I was ready to have a bumper crop of apples. They were just starting to ripen and fall off the tree. "Beautiful" I thought as I grabbed one and took a juicy bite. I will fill a few baskets to make some wine, pies, sauce and so on in the next week or so.

The next day I come home from work and see the bottom branches all broken and there is not an apple left on the ground. The lower branches were all but stripped. The damn bears were looking for sustenance for the long hibernation. At my expense!!

The nest day the WHOLE tree was stripped!! The raccoons finished the job.

Not only that, every tomato that was almost ripe got eaten by those masked bandits!!

Well I am about to shoot something and it probably will be the dog 'cause he isn't doing his job! I can't blame him though. He is almost 11 and he can't chew the ass out of the bears like he used to.
  • eastwood likes this

#2 heritage ranch

heritage ranch

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

man i feel for you, the damn bear just ate my late pumpkins from the garden this year, was really looking forward 2 home grown jack-o-lanterns. i am about to shoot something too, got the 12 gauge loaded with rubber buckshot. mr bear is going to find out he is unwelcome in this camp

#3 Faaip De Oaid

Faaip De Oaid

Rotten Apple

• Expired Member
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:22 AM

rabbits got all my tomatoes. we planted marigolds. i guess it helped a little

#4 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

Time to fill the freezer with meat.... I've been told bear is good eatin.

#5 pizark2

pizark2

hallucinaginusinghooligan

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

I too am battling raccoons,if you don't kill them you have to dump them 10 miles away or they come back!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!