• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 growurown

growurown

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

So ive been haveing coons get in my garage and eat the cat food. So i set the livetrap and in two days ive caught the cat twice, one possum, and one skunk.

And thats my problem. How do i get the stinky bastard out of there with out getting sprayed. I live in town so i cant shoot it. Thought about calling the cops and have them deal with it cuz it would be illegal for me to and with a lil luck they might get sprayed.:headbang:

any suggestions

#2 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

bow and arrow or pellet gun.

#3 copelandiaKidd

copelandiaKidd

I am

• Free Member
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

tranquilizer gun, move off property, release... jk, idk call pest control!

#4 Danko

Danko

Heathen

• Expired Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

maybe you could crush up a couple xanax in a little hamburger meat and throw it to him.

#5 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

The above posted suggestions are dumb, inhumane, and cruel. I suspect people were trying to be funny, but it turns out the had the opposite effect, imho.
One easy solution would be to use some plastic trashbags as a shield or wear them like a big hefty robe, use a trash can lid to shield your face, and pick it up, move it somewhere far away from the cat food, and let it go.
I'll bet you don't even get sprayed if you do it right. ie don't shake the cage, make loud noises, or threatening moves. Skunks are actually very nice lil critters and often make good/interesting pets.
If you think about it, the odor is a defensive weapon not an offensive one, so don't give it reason to feel threatened and you should be ok. Move slow, speak to it in a soothing voice.
If you think about it, just walk up to the trap with an old blanket held out in front of you, and cover the trap with it, and the skunk will relax since it won't see what's 'threatening' it.Next step is figuring out how to secure your garage.

#6 dreadydavo

dreadydavo

Sick of being "That Guy!"

• Free Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

i definitely agree with beastmaster, although trapped wild animals usually go ape-shit if you try to go near the cage. Shielded with trashbags (wrapped more like it) try to approach the cage and throw a blanket over it and that should calm it down or at least contain a spray if it occurs. Thats your best bet if you want to do it yourself. Animal control in my city is good about being humane so you might wanna give them a call too. best of luck to ya

#7 copelandiaKidd

copelandiaKidd

I am

• Free Member
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:25 AM

for the record, if i offended, i is sorry! :eusa_sile

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!