52 replies to this topic

#21 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

Extradimentional Psilocypher

• OG VIP
  • 1,244 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

Im thinking about drying these freshies in the oven....would 100 Degrees F. be enough to do the job without harming the actives? :weedpoke:

#22 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

Cool, can't wait to see some growlogs from this. Good luck! :-)

#23 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

• OG VIP
  • 1,244 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

Ya...unfortunately it may be a while before I can do a grow. Im gonna spread some spores on a tissue that i used to clean up with into some wood chips outside, as a half ass experiment. They're surplus, that were left over from some caps that were sitting. Lets see just how vigorous this stuff is :teeth:
There are some piles of wood chips around here were stumps have been ground up...mostly oak. Ill just soak the tissues and paper plates with the spores on them and bury them in the wood chips. If they take over, than hell fuckin ya!!!...If not, then no big loss.

So untill i get back from my court mandated vacation :puke:, I'll just have to hope that works.

#24 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

I dig your quote, as Montag and Clarisse have their discussions. Bradbury is one of my favorites--who else would talk about being able to make dinosaurs love lighthouses--and I push his work on as many folks as possible.

I wish you the best in regards to your "vacation, " mainly that it is a quick and unremarkable period of time. At least you got to trip before you go. Good vibes your way, T.

Peace--Jammer

#25 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

• OG VIP
  • 1,244 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

Totally MLB.....Bradburry is the man:loveeyes: What a contribution to literature.

I totally appreciate the good vibes too, and hope the judge goes lenient on me. I think the most I should be away for is 1 year...but Im hoping for better news. Im just glad he reduced both charges to misdemeanors. Can you believe that more than a half oz of herb is a fucking felony?!?!?

If I lived in Cali...all id have to do is say i can't sleep well and Id be entitled to legally pursue what should be an inalienable right. Save the bullshit for the Meth-heads and make some room in the prisons for the child killers. I would think that peeps would be more pissed off that they have to pay so much money to support me and other peacefull guys with their hard earned money. Oh well.

• Irishlion likes this

#26 Getitosis

Getitosis

fallible learner

• Free Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:56 PM

nice writeup!!!

i have found these things for years on end, and never once tried them, many of the reasons being what you described yourself.

thank you, thank you, thank you.

i know a place where i could fill a 20 gallon garbage bag full of em, that's how common they are in my neck of the woods.

:bow::bow::bow:

#27 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:15 AM

If I lived in Cali...all id have to do is say i can't sleep well and Id be entitled to legally pursue what should be an inalienable right. Save the bullshit for the Meth-heads and make some room in the prisons for the child killers. I would think that peeps would be more pissed off that they have to pay so much money to support me and other peacefull guys with their hard earned money. Oh well.

i agree. i just signed a petition to legalize marijuana outside trader joe's today, i hope it happens sometime soon....

#28 nightflyer

nightflyer

Far Journeys

• Expired Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:35 AM

hope the judge goes lenient on me. I think the most I should be away for is 1 year...but Im hoping for better news. Can you believe that more than a half oz of herb is a fucking felony?!?!?

That's ridiculous! :thumbdown:

In my country (Switzerland) you would only
get a small fine. That's all.

#29 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

I know this is off-topic but....

It kills me to hear about the MJ dispensaries popping up everywhere in Colorado and Cali,
then to look in the local paper here and read about people's houses getting raided and
taken by the PD for a DIY indoor grow. Seems silly that a state line means the difference
between the cops taking everything away from you or getting the equivalent of a warning ticket.

Best wishes with the judge, love those shroom pics!

:)

soliver

#30 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

• OG VIP
  • 1,244 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:12 AM

Ok...so I just found 2 little Gyms this morning, growing out of a branch on the ground. Looks like its got mycelium all up in it.......Can i just transfer this to some wood chips in a jar?..or should I play it safe and throw some of that mycelium in a grain jar?

Any advice/tips are totally welcome:bow:

#31 piggy69

piggy69

E.O.S

• Expired Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:58 AM

That myc should jump straight into damp woodchips...

#32 nightflyer

nightflyer

Far Journeys

• Expired Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

It would be interesting to see if that species
grows on wet corrugated cardboard.

#33 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

• OG VIP
  • 1,244 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

Ill have to try that NF. Iv never really worked with cardboard before...ill have to fish around and find a tek. When i try it...I'll def let you know:thumbup:

#34 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

• OG VIP
  • 1,244 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:01 PM

I bet they would NF. Im going to give it a shot soon. Should be pretty interesting. Im going to try and spread them everywhere....A regular Johnny Laughing Seed. :hippie:

#35 stonedcoder

stonedcoder

table for 2 @ RATEOTU

• Expired Member
  • 517 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

dude - fantastic write up - i really enjoyed reading it - like i was almost there with ya :bow:
nothing like diving into the deep end - popping 10g off the hop :) - brave soul.

#36 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

• OG VIP
  • 1,244 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:39 AM

Totally glad you enjoyed it man :headbang:
Im going to try and grow them now, but I have to find an alternative way of inoculating the grain/growing media. I don't have any syringes :eusa_booh.....so Im wondering if I could germinate the spores on cardboard:eusa_thin The stems I collected from the Gyms are all dried now, so it looks as if Im down to spores. Luckily these guys drop a ton of them.

Looks like this is going to be a guess test and revise project :weedpoke:

#37 p2k1

p2k1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:54 AM

This thread is badass
Is there any chance these grow in Canada (Ontario)
I was at a friends place the other day and in the front of his house his garden had reddish looking woodchips and out of them clusters of orange-red mushrooms growing, I'll see if I can go pick some today that would be pretty badass

#38 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

• OG VIP
  • 1,244 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

I think they do grow in Canada...in most parts of the north American continent in fact. Just make sure you check the spore print and other identifying features :pirate:

#39 Leftover Salmon

Leftover Salmon

Bold as Love

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

Totally glad you enjoyed it man :headbang:
Im going to try and grow them now, but I have to find an alternative way of inoculating the grain/growing media. I don't have any syringes :eusa_booh.....so Im wondering if I could germinate the spores on cardboard:eusa_thin The stems I collected from the Gyms are all dried now, so it looks as if Im down to spores. Luckily these guys drop a ton of them.

Looks like this is going to be a guess test and revise project :weedpoke:

I believe it is possible to re-animate dried mushroom tissue...

#40 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

• OG VIP
  • 1,244 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:50 AM

Thanks Leftover :pirate:

Do you know where any good info is at? Reanimating some stem slices would probably prove considerably easier than multi-spore.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!