• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:04 AM

You keep on amazing me man and i think just about everyone else! Like Waylit said not only do you talk about it but you make it happen :bow:
Keep up the great work

#22 CaptainFuture

CaptainFuture

Mushroom Maniac

• Free Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

The culture is lost to mold, sorry. No 2nd flush.
But there is a fruitbody which will be cloned tomorrow to safe these indoor fruiting strain...

2008.11.24 (1).JPG

#23 mullugh

mullugh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

Keep going. First time I have seen this. You have done what many before have failed. Its a dream of mine to have these on my lawn. I was thinking of digging up some ground from a wild patch and transferring to my garden, but I don't know if this will work?

Anyone tried that?

#24 CaptainFuture

CaptainFuture

Mushroom Maniac

• Free Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

I am trying this as well. According to Dr. J. Gartz you have to grow big amounts spawn and then bury it in a shady place in your garden. Place the grass on it and keep it moist. The following year you'll have fruits if you're successful. You have to use a fruiting strain for sure.

#25 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:41 PM

I am trying this as well. According to Dr. J. Gartz you have to grow big amounts spawn and then bury it in a shady place in your garden. Place the grass on it and keep it moist. The following year you'll have fruits if you're successful. You have to use a fruiting strain for sure.

This is pretty much how I did it,and yes use lots of spawn.I used over a dozen quarts of spawn for my small outdoor patch.You can put your patch in the ground as soon as the threat of frost is gone.The only thing is,once the patch heals,there is no way to know if the grain has recovered and started to colonize,or if it just died.You have to wait all year,then check it regularly when the season arrives.I had minimal success this year with mine,but I see areas in which I can improve my outdoor bed next time around.
Also transplanting is another option,and I have found that it does work and rather well.You can cut out a known patch,and transplant to a new spot.Make sure you cut enough soil around and under the patch,and be as careful as you can while moving it.It is not a guarantee,but it can and does work...
http://mycotopia.net...milanceata.html
  • mycobri likes this

#26 CaptainFuture

CaptainFuture

Mushroom Maniac

• Free Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:46 AM

Gartz used (and I'll will do so, too) spawn made from a straw/manure mix.
Might be more safe since grain would be more easily attacked by molds.

#27 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

Gartz used (and I'll will do so, too) spawn made from a straw/manure mix.
Might be more safe since grain would be more easily attacked by molds.

Sounds promising,looking forward to it for sure.

#28 MonBongk

MonBongk

Pans Lover

• Free Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:19 PM

You make the impossible possible, awesome thread! :eusa_clap :bow: :headbang:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!