91 replies to this topic

#21 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

There is a store/range nearby where you can shoot some full autos by invitation. I pay for the ammo and he lets me keep buying ammo and loading mags that empty in a second or two. After a couple of mags you realize the thrill is gone and you start counting bullets $

The full auto thing is over rated and over priced imho.

#22 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

a grenade launcher might be fun.

#23 Sideshow

Sideshow

Screaming Meatball

• Expired Member
  • 397 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:58 PM

you Americans and your guns :lol:

Damn Straight!

#24 theycallmejake

theycallmejake

Wide Eyed Wanderer...

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

illudium q-36 explosive space modulator

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1259962536

Sorry just had to do it. :lol:

LMAO!!! CLASSIC!!!!

#25 hungryjim

hungryjim

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

I once had the pleasure of reviewing a book entitled, "Poor Man's RPG". It gave some insight on the history and development of rocket-propelled grenades, and I would :loveeyes:LOVE:loveeyes: to have one!!!!:headbang:hj

#26 theycallmejake

theycallmejake

Wide Eyed Wanderer...

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

i wanna glock 18
http://vids.myspace....videoid=6440592

i love glock. nothing full auto for me, wildly innacurate in a pistol. i own a glock 23. little 40 cal pocket rocket with federal premium hollows for my home defense. along with my mossberg mariner! do you know how SIMPLE it is to turn an 18 full auto?? about a half hour worth of filing. i wanna play with this bad boy!! ive never shot a bullpup

Attached Thumbnails

• F2000.jpg

#27 director of sound

director of sound

every thing is exactally the way it was aways suppose to be!

• OG VIP
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

id go for the anzio ironworks 20mm anti-material rifle!! reach out past the horizion with this one, over a 5mi range!! this thing makes a barrett look like a toy when its next to it and the $14,000 pricetag....

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

#28 theycallmejake

theycallmejake

Wide Eyed Wanderer...

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

i like this thread!! id also like a desert eagle. i rented one at the range one time. the recoil split my thumb open. i have a little scar now, that im very proud of! the rounds like a little shotgun shell!

Attached Thumbnails

• Desert_Eagle.jpg

#29 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

i still cant understand why you don’t regulate your gun dispensaries better the way you talk its like cotton candy. I would have thought that after a good few school massacres you would think that yall would be upp for it but no. the sight of blood torn children isn’t enough for you to even think of voting for any change that will strip you of your gun fixes.

No such thing as a 'good' school massacre.

If someone is breaking multiple laws to get a firearm (underage, stealing) to commit another crime (murder), why do you think that more laws will stop the next criminal from getting a firearm? Making murder illegal didn't stop them so why would making guns illegal stop them any better?

The sight of 'blood torn children' is enough to make people act irrationally. True that some legislators in the past have taken this and run with it and gotten some pretty idiotic laws put into place. Banning certain weapons because they are black and scary looking for one. Certain laws about drugs and alcohol were also passed with similar fear-mongering.

The fact is, when someone is going to kill, they're gonna do it regardless of whether killing is illegal or not.

do you know how SIMPLE it is to turn an 18 full auto?? about a half hour worth of filing.

Actually NO filing is required to make a Glock 18 full auto, as it comes manufactured that way. The filing to turn full auto would be what you'd have to do on a regular semi auto glock, and I guarantee you that there's more to it than that.

I was thinking about the rest of the world last night. How they likely hate us for having the most militarily powerful and technologically advanced armed forces in the history of the world.

From what I understand through my own international travels, the international travels of family and friends, and my interactions with foreigners both near and far: "the rest of the world" doesn't hate us, and if they do its not because we have a powerful military. In fact there's a great many nations and people who are VERY grateful that we have the military strength that we do, and they recognize the great accomplishments Americans have achieved both socially (human rights) as well as technologically (automobile, railroad, airplane, transistors, internet, etc). We are still a great nation, despite what you hear on Fox news.

Its these things that make us great, that also make certain groups hate us. Radical Islam for instance, doesn't like women exposing skin, or voting, or talking to men even. North Korea hates us for letting our people vote, among other reasons.

#30 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

My dream weapon is a weapon to stop mankind from even having,needing or wanting weapons.I know this isn't feasible but i wish it was so.

#31 Jaspmf

Jaspmf

Watchin em' grow

• Expired Member
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

As usual, well said Beast.
Your response to zodd was exactly what I'd have tried to put into words :thumbup:

#32 greenkurma

greenkurma

Starjammer Swashbuckler

• Expired Member
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

Highly accurate
Has a magnetic plate for holding somewhere around 30 steel balls
Has a flashlight attachment
Ammunition is free

I don't have one yet, but I will :D

That is a sweet sling shot.. what is it called?
check out this crossbow the TAC-15. it fits on an AR-15 lower half.. it shoots special carbon arrows that fly over 400 feet per second.. can go right through a Kevlar vest.

Or this Swedish Twin bow II, which is compact and quick to reload (cockable).

IMHO I think guns are a pretty big waste of thought, energy and resources.. how about science and exploration of the universe both inner and outer.. there are always bigger powers with bigger guns.. why we got to protect us from ourselves? of right.. unfriendly invaders

Attached Thumbnails

• tac15.jpg
  • armbrust-twinbow_ii-1227.jpg

#33 Jaspmf

Jaspmf

Watchin em' grow

• Expired Member
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

It's a uk model, it can be seen here http://www.dhgate.co...8cf62c0c3c.html

Dunno it's eagle of sniper or some weird name.
Dopest slingshot I've ever seen though.

I reckon that and a baton style taser would be pretty descent.

Of course the 12 gauge and a handgun are always good measure too, but I'd prefer to have less lethal protection..I'd be more prone to invoke it that way.
I'd prolly let someone steal some of my shit if my only option was killing them, but if it was tase em or something like that...consider yourself tased motherfucker.

Those bow's are fucking insane!

#34 heritage ranch

heritage ranch

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:29 PM

original sharps falling block in 50-140 an accurate shooter, no wall hangers for me

#35 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

I really resent the assumption that because I own firearms that I'm a killer.

If someone broke into my house right now intent on doing me harm, there's no way I'd get a gun out in time. I am a responsible firearm owner, and keep them unloaded and locked in a safe. The ammo is in a different room, and not easily accessible - in a range bag, still in the box. I think the magazines are somewhere else...

I've got a 2x4 leaning against the wall that I suspect will be my self defense weapon if it comes down to that.

I don't own my weapons for self defense, by the way. I don't want to kill ANYONE, though I suppose that if it really came down to it, I'd do what I'd have to do, but its probably not gonna be with one of my guns.

What do I have them for? I don't even hunt!!!

When I learned the martial art of fencing, it was explained to me that during the renaissance period, modern metallurgical advances in armor made the sword an ineffective killing weapon, thus it was deemed obsolete. The firearm did the same thing to the bow and arrow, also making the ranged weapon obsolete.

Yet the martial arts remained, fencing and archery, not because people still wanted to kill with outmoded technology, but because there is an art to wielding these tools properly. To be able to disarm your opponent, or place multiple arrows in the bullseye despite long range and crosswind, requires a great deal of training, focus, skill, and technique. It is an ART.

In the 20th century, the nuclear ICBM was developed, thus also making the firearm obsolete. Sure we still use guns to kill, but so too do we still use clubs, deemed obsolete a long fuckin time ago.

I have found great joy in the accomplishments associated with the martial ART of rifle and pistol marksmanship, and also the SPORTS of trap and skeet.

I am no different from a decathlon athlete who throws a spear to demonstrate athletic ability. I am an ATHLETE, and these are the tools of my SPORT.

And you know, long before I ever learned to shoot properly in the military, I enjoyed shooting as a recreation. Just going out to the hills and blasting some cans is really fun. Off road vehicles, fireworks, recreational drugs & alcohol, loud music = same category, imho.

I very much resent all this talk about how my sporting equipment is EVIL, and was designed to kill. Might as well apply the same description to ME, and yourselves for that matter.:eusa_snoo

#36 heritage ranch

heritage ranch

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:08 PM

i think im quite isolated in my opinion on America as far as the rest of my country is concerned. and i don’t think its fear that incites sections of the world to despise your society to the point that they will take up arms and fight indiscriminately against any man, woman, child, soldier native, forenger that gets in there way. It is a number of things one ignorance, two fundamentalism (of which America also has in spades but has gained control of for the most part by appeasement of the senses) and three. lets not forget that for the most of the world at odds with America they are also at odds with the west i,e me. it is a life style thing to a degree i think but it is also very cultural. i still cant understand why you don’t regulate your gun dispensaries better the way you talk its like cotton candy. I would have thought that after a good few school massacres you would think that yall would be upp for it but no. the sight of blood torn children isn’t enough for you to even think of voting for any change that will strip you of your gun fixes.
what does that say to you. it sais to me that your all afraid of life without your comfort blankets to the point where you will allow such massacres to go on. and don’t get me wrong im all for weapons. but like with my opinions on alcohol and cannabis (when and if it finally becomes legal) should be regulated, to the point where the store owner is liable for any such dogey trade. You may already have such laws I don’t know as i have no idea how these things work in your country so im probably way off the mark with my opinions of the place. much like you with your assessment that the world is afraid of America there for you have nothing to fear. far from it. the world is afraid of each other and what would happen to themselves if that delicate balance Was to be disrupted. The qualitey of a weapon isn’t the only thing that dictates a battle. There is strategy favourable conditions and ability to execute intentions accurately.
A weapon is only as strong as its master. You can have a sword and be taken down by a small pebble thrown by a master.
Sorry if this is a bit disjointed im no good at writing these long winded essay type post. Have a lot to say but, not skils/ patience to say it rite. i mean no disrespect by any of this just have my opinions and refuse to shy away from saying them.

do you know why the Japanese did not continue on to the US mainland after kicking the shit out of Pearl Harbor?
the Second Amendment my friend. if not for private ownership of guns, it is posible we would be speaking Japanese right now.
for every tragedy you see on the news, dozens of ordinary citizens stop crime or defend them selves with private guns. you just dont see that on the nightly news very often, but it is there.
as said before psycos will find a way. i would be easy to make a nasty pipe bomb and do a lot of damage or just run over a shit load of people at a bus stop. what are you now going to hold the car salesman liable for the actions of a mad man?
and if i have not put it into words successfully, then watch the video
susan says it much better than I
M1u08yq5Qis
also i second the ben franklin quote below by dead_diver
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety- Benjamin Franklin

#37 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:09 PM

A full auto Stechkin preferably chambered in Tokarev. Tokarev ammo is dirt cheap and packs a helluva punch:)

Gx-COROJGrg

forgot how to embed this :(

Attached Thumbnails

• Pistol_APS.jpg

Edited by firerat, 05 December 2009 - 12:07 AM.
Imbeded Video

#38 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:06 AM

If someone broke into my house right now intent on doing me harm, there's no way I'd get a gun out in time. I am a responsible firearm owner, and keep them unloaded and locked in a safe. The ammo is in a different room, and not easily accessible - in a range bag, still in the box. I think the magazines are somewhere else...

I sleep with a loaded firearm in my nightstand. Does that make me irresponsible?

How much good is a 2x4 going to do if the ohter guy has a gun?

#39 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:09 AM

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1259993366
Enough said...

Attached Thumbnails

• lightsaber.jpg

• Beast and firerat like this

#40 growurown

growurown

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:26 AM

Highly accurate
Has a magnetic plate for holding somewhere around 30 steel balls
Has a flashlight attachment
Ammunition is free

I don't have one yet, but I will :D

whats the name brand on that? looks like it would work good for the fat town rabbits at night. I broke the truglow of the end of my pellet gun barrel.

I have to many dream weapons to pick one. Probally need to win the lottery to get any of them tho.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!