#81 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

:lol:

Around here, you fire a nagant and you could probably hit someone 3 zip codes away.

Those things are monsters but for the price, one hell of a rifle. Battle proven as well.

#82 HaX

HaX

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

So i thought id throw a pic up of my baby

M4
short barrel
Wilson combat arms Upper
dpms lower
YHM Rail
green laser on one side
surefire light on other side with blue filter
hand grip
retractable butt
scope is 3-9 with blue light up rectical
image(6).JPG

image6.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• image(6).JPG
  • image6.JPG

• firerat likes this

#83 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

yep a perfect round for coyote in the clear. in my state which is loaded with scrub, trees, and ever changing terrain the most popular caliber for deer and coyote is a 30-30.

I would go with a more accurate bullet at long range like your mosin nagant caliber or find something in .243 winchester, which in my opinion is one of the best flattest shooting rounds ever made for varmints. If not the .308 is not hard to find and is hard to beat for distance and accuracy. The price is also less due to it being a common round and a nato round. .243 is expensive in comparison, or used to be back when I was looking.

I was looking at the FN SCAR rifle in .308. OMG its gorgeous but the demand for it has it going for over 2x the suggested retail. They come in .223 or .308 and are the new special forces socom etc. choice. They are unproven in battle as of yet, but they look promising. If I were to drop 4 or 5k on a rifle I would have to get the M-24 Whitefeather (Carlos Hathcock) signature sniper rifle.

#84 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

$345 for finnish-made nagant sniper rifle
as seen in the movie
enemy at the gates
i'm told it's comparable, ballistics-wise.
to the .30-06

#85 schwaboy

schwaboy

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:26 PM

Trebuchet
  • mycobri likes this

#86 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 747 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

sorry my fave weapon is, the Peace Pipe, a weapon of mass chill.:rasta:

#87 rickeese

rickeese

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

i would have to go with the AK'S as ammo is cheap and they take a lot of abuse and neglect and still get the job done.And there must be 25 different variants of the tried and tested weapon.And as far as i am concerned it hsd been or is prob,the best all around weapon there is
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

#88 Burger

Burger

Old Hand.

• Validating
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

For when you really want to reach out and touch somebody....
Barrett XM500 long range sniper rifle.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1259944693

If you really, really, want to reach out and touch somebody (or something)....

The XM-109 would have to be one of my 'dream' weapons. :D

For some long-range sniper missions, a .50 caliber (12.7mm) round just isn’t big enough. The Barrett company, which pioneered the development of the modern .50 caliber sniper rifle, has now built a 25mm sniper rifle (although shoulder cannon may be a more precise term), the XM109. Designed to destroy light armor, the XM109 is a semi-automatic 25mm rifle that has a 17.6 inch long barrel and an overall length of 46 inches. It weighs in at 46 pounds and has a 5 round magazine. In comparison, the Barrett M107 .50 caliber sniper rifle in general use today has a 29 inch barrel, overall length of 57 inches, and weighs in at a mere 32 pounds, with a magazine capacity of 10 rounds.

A spiked bipod is included to steady the XM109 for firing and it has a standard M1319 accessory rail for scopes and other accessories. Barrett will either sell a complete rifle or supply upgrade kits to convert the M107 .50 sniper rifle over to the 25mm configuration, replacing the bolt, upper receiver, and magazine. To complement this “rifle” is a computerized sight called the BORS (Barrett Optical Ranging Sighting System). BORS is specifically designed for long-range shooting at 1,000 meters and longer distances, measuring and compensating for air pressure, temperature, and the angle of the weapon in relation to the target. Precisely compensating for all these factors and successfully hitting the target on the first shot is possible, but difficult. BORS is designed to take all the sweat-math work out of first-round shots, leaving the operator with simply dialing in the distance to target, selecting the ammunition type, and putting the cross-hairs on the target. Future versions of BORS will incorporate a rangefinder, and night vision capability.Effective distance armor piercing “lethality” for the rifle is listed at 2000 meters. The 25mm round is derivative design from the AH-64 Apache helicopter’s M789 high-explosive dual purpose (good against armor and personnel) 30mm ammunition and will penetrate at least 50 millimeters of armor plating, making it capable of destroying light armored vehicles, SCUD launchers, and other equipment. According to the ammunition manufacturer, the 25mm round is 2.5 times more effective at destroying targets than a .50 caliber armor-piercing round. At some point the system will also be integrated to use 25mm airburst ammunition designed for the OCWS.

Attached Thumbnails

• 003.jpg
  • 001.jpg
  • 002.jpg

#89 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 782 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:01 AM

I know this is not exactly a weapon/firearm but this is my dream gun since I'm an avid freediver spearfisherman (spearo). I really want to get a tuna and a yellowtail this summer so I need something bigger than what I have allready. It's a 63" Daryl Wong "Ono" bluewater gun. It's the all wood one on top. It holds 4 bands and can really pack a punch! Sashimi anyone?

I really don't know much about firearms but I wouldn't mind having a generic "black rifle" .223 gun of some sort. I need to start stocking up as I feel that there is a movement brewing to dearm us as citizens.

I started to read about the school shooting stuff above and it made me stop and think. Why is it that school shootings are so common now versues you never really heard of that sort of thing decades ago? Aren't gun laws stricter now than they were in the past? So you'd think that if the shootings happened because of lax gun laws, school shooting wouldn't be anything new. Kind of an interesting question. I have a conspiracy on that one but that should be discussed somewhere else.

Attached Thumbnails

• Ben spearing.JPG
  • Ono gun super mag.png

#90 heritage ranch

heritage ranch

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:09 AM

I know this is not exactly a weapon/firearm but this is my dream gun since I'm an avid freediver spearfisherman (spearo). I really want to get a tuna and a yellowtail this summer so I need something bigger than what I have allready. It's a 63" Daryl Wong "Ono" bluewater gun. It's the all wood one on top. It holds 4 bands and can really pack a punch! Sashimi anyone?

cool, i used to freedive/spearfish extensivly off the southern ca coast. my most cherished gun is a first generation prodonovich. even got to spend some time with him in his living room.

#91 |dw|

|dw|

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

My fav gun is my 10/22 with outback II suppressor :)
Dream weapon is a full auto M11 with lage upper ... and the dream might come true

Gota love the USA you can buy almost anything legally just need enough cash

#92 SisterMagpie

SisterMagpie

Street Shaman

• Expired Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:40 AM

I don't know much about guns. I know enough to shoot trap, defend myself if really needed, and hunt. I would be happy with an old school sweet sixteen gauge shotgun. Can't tell you a specific model or brand, but my uncle had one... and I shot my first rabbit with it. I loved that gun.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!