• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

We tripped last weekend with 3grs. each and had a very spiritual and sacred experience. The potency is nearly as strong as with Semilanceatas though the visuals seem to be more 'silver' colored compared to the golden visions of Semilanceatas, which might be due to the large amount of Baeocystin in Semis. I had more silvery visuals with Cubes, too. (years ago on my first journeys)

Great, thanks Captain! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful experience. It sounds like they do indeed qualify as little mushy gateways to heaven. ;-) :heartbeat

#22 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

Looking better this time! Can't wait to see them finished.

thanks! :)

getting close. the flat capped one is starting to drop spores. here's a few more pics while on the go.

:heart:

#23 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

:bow: Those look great! How long did they take to fully mature?

#24 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

:bow: Those look great! How long did they take to fully mature?

thanks bro :)

about two weeks since i noticed the first pins. it's fruiting along a fault line created during the cat attack. the substrate is almost in two pieces and still colonizing out towards the corners of the mycobag. i think the water in the sub may have migrated there during impact as well, slowing down the mycelium. i was hoping for a more even flush, but after all the abuse i'll take it.

Om - i still have yet to try the caerulescens, but i might move these ahead of them on the schedule. :D

time to see if i can catch some spores.

thanks again!

#25 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

sorry i have not updated this lately. spring is keeping me very busy.

the broken bulk sub has been producing more fruits. a long second flush. these things are very sensitive when it comes to harvest. if a few caps are cut for spores any fruits within that cluster begin to abort. i've even seen fruits almost ready to sporulate abort. very strange since the colony itself withstood such damage from the fall.

otherwise i have a grain casing that is doing fairly well. these are fruiting on millet/verm. it may be too soon to say, but i think i like the grain fed fruits better. this colony seems to be less sensitive to handling than the bulk sub, and is experiencing far less aborts.

will update more soon!

#26 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

nice! pointy too!

they had some type of psilocybe sin the us virgin islands with point tips like that too that they would consume at the "full moon parites" on tortolla.

#27 CaptainFuture

CaptainFuture

Mushroom Maniac

• Free Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

Great grow, senior :)
I really want to see their opened caps. I am working on my isolate of the first matured fruits and did another bag with a Multispore (with spores from my grow).

But surely mine are Quila Zapos ;)

Give them a warm hug (carefully!) from me, I love those Zapo girls.

BW,cap

#28 Aqua and Red

Aqua and Red

Mycophilliac

• Free Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

Wow, such a great job. They look so healthy and white :]

#29 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor

~The one and only~

• Expired Member
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

Looking great as always TCO. I definitely watch your work and try to learn from it as much as possible. If it wasnt for you and all the other amazing blue thumbs on this forum, I would never have gotten to where I am today with this hobby.

Anyway, great healthy looking mushies TCO. Always fun to look in on your grows.
  • the_chosen_one likes this

#30 MycoMistress

MycoMistress

Friscosa freak

• Free Member
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:35 AM

Beautiful! :bow:

#31 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

Great grow, senior :)
I really want to see their opened caps. I am working on my isolate of the first matured fruits and did another bag with a Multispore (with spores from my grow).

But surely mine are Quila Zapos ;)

Give them a warm hug (carefully!) from me, I love those Zapo girls.

BW,cap

will do :D

they were starting to drop spores when i checked them last night. i'll try and get some prints and more pics tonight. i wish i was not so busy. i'd sure like to spend more time with them. unfortunately, not only am i dealing with spring chores, i overloaded myself with projects lol. oysters, enoki, caerulescens, cubies and zapos all coming in at once so everytime i pay them a visit it's pick pick pick! real fast.

these spores are important though. i really want to collect more of them and start getting them out so more can try. it's about time i put together another 'topia package too. these and the caerulescens would make a nice addition. jeez i need to get caught up on the caerulescens thread too.

heh, come to think of it, what did i do with those fruits i harvested last night :space: i hope i didn't leave them in the grow room. guess i'll find out when i get there. they should be fine, but i didn't want spores flying around outside of the chambers.

anyways, i'm going to stress myself out just thinking about it all lol.

thanks so much again! i'll try and update again soon.

much love to everyone!

:love:

#32 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

a little teaser. haven't had a chance to trim and adjust the photos yet, but there are more.

landed some decent prints too. :)

i do like these fruits a lot better. these stems are nice and stout. almost like semperviva. the caps are much more delicate than semperviva however. they tend to split when handling for prints etc.

more to come..

• paph likes this

#33 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

Way to go Chosen!
Looks tasty!

#34 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hey TCO, could you maybe give a shot at fruiting them outdoors? That is if you're living in the right climate zone.

I love their archetypal psilocybe look ;].

#35 Aqua and Red

Aqua and Red

Mycophilliac

• Free Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

How difficult are these compared to cubensis and semperviva?

And thanks a lot for replying to my thread :] I got the idea for transplanting the spider from Stamets and his predator animals in the rooms. But you probably knew that!

#36 Cultosaurus

Cultosaurus

Aspiring Psychonaut

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

another beautiful stain, beautifully done. I love your work TCO.

#37 paph

paph

Future Sailor

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:53 AM

Awesome TCO.:D :thumbup::bow:

#38 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

Hey TCO, could you maybe give a shot at fruiting them outdoors? That is if you're living in the right climate zone.
I love their archetypal psilocybe look ;].

PNW.. but i may give it a shot. i was thinking of moving the broken bulk sub outdoors to more straw when it finishes with it's second flush. both the bulk sub and this grain casing are fruiting at 63-69 deg. F. temps. lower than i thought would be required.

How difficult are these compared to cubensis and semperviva?

And thanks a lot for replying to my thread :] I got the idea for transplanting the spider from Stamets and his predator animals in the rooms. But you probably knew that!

of course i did. read it, knew it, forgot it. :rasta: :space: :D

imo, the only differences are in the fruiting stages really. these are a little more difficult to get to maturity than semperviva. they seem to like a fairly routine and stable environment. the grow room seems to be dialed in atm so they are doing well.. but too much of this or that could cause aborting. even at the most mature stages. never have seen a mushroom abort as late as these. so far the grain casing has had only two large pin aborts. there are a few primordial as well. i'm far from a zapo expert yet, but i think that's pretty good.

thanks again everyone :love: more soon.

Edited by the_chosen_one, 20 May 2010 - 09:05 PM.

• dial8 and kcmoxtractor like this

#39 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

Gorgeous fruits.

#40 Aqua and Red

Aqua and Red

Mycophilliac

• Free Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

:eusa_clap::bow: absolute amazing a+ grow.

Magical wizard hats :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!