#361 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,686 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to sharing a section of the print (pie slice) to someone that thinks they have a good chance at reviving stubborn spores.

#362 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,648 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:02 PM

If I can revive it, you will be first on the list. After that........... H3 for everyone! Well anyone that still knows what SASE means.

Hey mikey. How old is the print?

#363 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,686 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:13 PM

I would venture say its from 2012. I have an envelope from MaH with several that never germinated for me using traditional methods. I haven't broke out the big guns yet though. I had always chalked it up to Microtopia and TGS possibly being under the radar and the postal service what tapering with the mail in an effort to make them not viable :tinfoil:  :tinfoil:  :tinfoil:  I have been considering for years now of trying to resurrect some old spores and with winter upon us and Hip's 10 years passing that soon would be better than later. I have a print from Homestead books in 1984 that I also promised to share the genetics with the member that I acquired its from.

#364 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,648 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:27 PM

I had some very old prints that I could not germinate on grain to save my life. Went to agar and they germinated although fairly poorly and the growth did not look very strong. I recall someone using snake venom to germinate old spores.

#365 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,686 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

I have tried swiping them on agar up to six plates at a time. Not even contamination grew after a month and a half. Though other plates from the same batch of agar and different spores did fine. Same results going directly to LC with the spores from the same envelope. I will attempt to rehydrate said spores before the next attempt. I don't have any snake venom on hand, but I. do have some colchicine. It would be interesting to see if that would actually help in germination, I don't think it would keep the original phenotype though. We could cross Dixieland and Redboy again the colchicine and create H3.1 lol

• dial8 and crazy1 like this

#366 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:38 AM

Well, the Super Cake is going strong here's an update in just 2 days

hippie3scake2.jpg

I just find it pretty awesome that this grow is Golden Teacher, and on a super cake at this time.

Hip taught me a lot and made me think differently about some things. You are missed Brother and you were/still are a great teacher through this site and ALL the great stuff!!!!

Peace

• dial8 likes this

#367 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:12 AM

Picking as they grow, here the cake is this morning

post-104607-0-07942200-1574075505.jpg

hippiessupercake3.jpg

Edited by crazy1, 18 November 2019 - 06:12 AM.

• Sidestreet and dial8 like this

#368 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,648 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:41 PM

Very nice!

• crazy1 likes this

#369 crazy1