RIP Hip
zozo

#82 ethnobotanica

ethnobotanica

Botanical-manical

• Expired Member
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:55 AM

I am left wondering what Hippie looked like. It would be so nice to see what his smiling face looked like.
I don't know if this is even possible now. The thing is that, strangely, I had a very lucid dream just before the holidays in which I met him and had a tour around his farm. He was very welcoming and warm and in fact looked like a normal friendly version of his evil santa avatar.:)

I wish I wouldve made that call or at least PM'd and got to know him better. I know I both pissed him off and put a smile on his face. More of the latter I hope. I take comfort knowing that I helped put some proper grins on his face in recent weeks.

I just really wish i could see that smile. What are the chances of this??

#83 stickyscissors

stickyscissors

Humble Student

• Free Member
  • 395 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:01 AM

I would dare to say that Hip touched my life in a way that was equal to one of my heros, Hunter S. Thompson.

I'd even be willing to say that the counter-culture has just taken as big a hit as when we lost Hunter.

I'm gonna miss you so much Hip.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#84 theycallmejake

theycallmejake

Wide Eyed Wanderer...

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:20 AM

RIP Hip. im extremely new to this hobby, and hips posts were an inspiring guide to me. what an intelligent man. you will be missed brother. ill catch ya on the other side some day my man...

#85 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:26 AM

we really should have a bnl dedication thread in hips honor! think he woulda wanted to go out like that.

:eusa_clap

yo hippie, for somone i dont know, got a lot of respect for ya man, i was wondering if you believe in life after death and if the answer be yes, if you were granted choice what would you choose for your next life? peace

i think god recycles.
as for my next assignment,
that's a tough one,
maybe executive editor of playboy magazine ?

#86 DarkLestor

DarkLestor

Wanderer

• Expired Member
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:27 AM

counter-culture has just taken as big a hit as when we lost Hunter.

agreed.

#87 TrickyNicky

TrickyNicky

Areoponic Chronic

• Expired Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:33 AM

RIP Hip3

Very sad, he was special to me and he will be missed greatly.

#88 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:58 AM

I am left wondering what Hippie looked like. It would be so nice to see what his smiling face looked like.
I don't know if this is even possible now. The thing is that, strangely, I had a very lucid dream just before the holidays in which I met him and had a tour around his farm. He was very welcoming and warm and in fact looked like a normal friendly version of his evil santa avatar.:)

I wish I wouldve made that call or at least PM'd and got to know him better. I know I both pissed him off and put a smile on his face. More of the latter I hope. I take comfort knowing that I helped put some proper grins on his face in recent weeks.

mrs hippie will likely release a picture in due time.

:heart:
  • Shadowlord likes this

#89 EmmisonJ

EmmisonJ

halcyon & on & on

• Expired Member
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

RIP Hip. Thank you for everything and my condolences to your family. God bless.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ioeutEu1_8s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ioeutEu1_8s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#90 vinsue

vinsue

OLD FART

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:10 AM

RIP Bro... keep on keepin' on . . . Peace

#91 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:39 AM

i woke up this morning had to check the site.
i had hoped that it was just a dream last night.

I'm being very selfish morning his loss
thinking of things that i'll miss and what is lost
I will now celabrate his life for he is truely in the better place

My condolences go out to Mrs. hip and all his family and closest of friends !
Peace be with you all......
  • Shadowlord likes this

#92 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

i saw this news last night and didn't really know how to respond, nor did i have the time.

After having some time to toss around the significance of this loss, i could barely hold myself together. I was never really close with hippie, but I had read his posts since the days of the old board and had a few encounters in threads and chat. There were times we didn't always have the same opinion and bumped heads and other times i felt a lot of love from him. To not have him around anymore hurts quite a bit and it was hard not to cry when everything finally sunk in. This is rare for me. I have lost family that i didn't feel such an impact from. He has done better than a lot of people could ever hope for in life, and this site is living proof of it. Long live topia!. RIP Hippie. you are missed by many.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#93 The Rogue Angel

The Rogue Angel

Lost Immortal

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

I just don't know what to say. Words will never be good enough to honor the way hippie has changed the world. The only thing I can think to do ;and I invite everyone to join me ; is to create as many outdoor mushroom gardens as I can in honor of the man who created the topia and changed the world. R.I.P. you will be missed but never forgotten.

#94 Ben Dover

Ben Dover

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

RIP Hippie3. :cry: I too am at a loss for words. I guess that is to be expected when someone special passes unexpectedly.

It's sad to know that you have left us but it makes me happy to know you are in a better place.

I offer my condolences to your family and friends.

Well said greenie! What a great quote

#95 claykrys

claykrys

Still at it

• Expired Member
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:19 AM

btOC3pk-tFo

#96 losfreddy

losfreddy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:36 AM

Hippie 3 will be missed. We all loved you. Hes walking with jesus now

#97 dice

dice

Jack of all trades.

• OG VIP
  • 2,522 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

i woke up this morning had to check the site.
i had hoped that it was just a dream last night.

Yeah man think were all like that

#98 Deus Irae

Deus Irae

The kindly bivalve

• Expired Member
  • 455 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:50 AM

May this place stand forever as your legacy.

Deyr fé,
deyja frændr,

deyr sjálfr et sama;

ek veit einn,

at aldri deyr:

dómr of dauðan hvern

#99 Erkee

Erkee

Trolls'R'us

• Expired Member
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

Good gardening Hippie

Strong roots here.

:bow:
  • Shadowlord and Santiago like this

#100 rockawayrooms

rockawayrooms

Hash Pipe Harry

• Expired Member
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:53 AM

I would love to see his face as well,i always pictured him as a monster of a biker guy
just with SUPER SUPER intelligence( I have NEVER met anyone as SMART as hip was PERIOD:(
Early last spring Hip asked me if i wanted to come visit him at his farm,due to health issues i couldn't make it, and now it's all i can think about cause i figured i could go another time not thinking that i would not ever get the chance again.:(
This is just so surreal,,and it's going to take me a long time to deal with it.For me i ALWAYS thought that Hip would be here,even if i just was just going to lurk i ALWAYS figured he would be there for me if i needed him with some great advice as he always gave me.Forgive me if some things i say don't make any sense,i am still NUMB and in a state of SHOCK as my HERO is gone and i am at a loss.
I think it may be time to to open that bottle of JD soon,it's time to start celebrating the mans life and to remember just how much he gave of himself to share with us..
R.I.P. Hip
  • Shadowlord and like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!