©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Dangerous Drugs

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Most dangerous drug in your community

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Most dangerous drug in your community

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Free Member
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:44 AM

Which of these drugs take the most negative/debilitating effect on your community?

#2 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,201 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

A: Alcohol
  • Myc likes this

#3 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,249 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

Alcohol, of course.

Opiates/opioids, too damn many people are becoming pill freaks lately. They get really irrational and abusive without their "meds," take it out on the family.

I can't personally comment on the others in my community, 'cause I don't happen to hang with people/groups that use those much - maybe a couple lines now and then, but not extensive use.

I've seen some bad personal nd family problems caused by overuse of benzodiazepines.

#4 paph

paph

Future Sailor

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,528 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

Alcohol.

#5 mrpanda

mrpanda

It is big and I am clever

• Expired Member
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

None, just irresponsible people.
  • Scroto Baggins likes this

#6 Guest_DanLarkin_*

Guest_DanLarkin_*

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:08 PM

meth around here. its the cheapest and most available sadly enough.

#7 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:21 PM

If I don't get my coffee I go pretty much berserk. And many of my neighbours are the same. It's good coffee is in ample and cheap supply otherwise there would be a civil war here. Heroine addicts and alcoholics would flee the city. I'd probably start intravenously injecting espresso to get the most of it.
  • zodd and wildedibles like this

#8 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,873 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

If I don't get my coffee I go pretty much berserk. And many of my neighbours are the same. It's good coffee is in ample and cheap supply otherwise there would be a civil war here. Heroine addicts and alcoholics would flee the city. I'd probably start intravenously injecting espresso to get the most of it.

LOL We live in similar places then OM. Coffee rules Seatown too! :lol:
They did a political cartoon here, the jist of it was that you could legislate whatever you wanted against illicit drugs, you could tax the hell out of tobacco and alcohol but when they wanted to put a 10 cent a cup tax on coffee at coffee shops the people here went nuts.

That's why I dislike the word drug as everything is a drug in some shape or form.
Is it the coffee or the caffeine we like. caffeine is a drug. Smoke cigs for flavor or for nicotine? A lot of folks love chocolate, are they theobromine addicts?
Granted, you don't have people breaking into your house to get a chocolate fix but not every drug user is an addict and a criminal and there were thieves and burglars, murderers etc before people discovered drugs, even alcohol I am sure.
Sorry to get off tangent.

Alcohol is probably the worst as it can be as harmful or worst than heroin after long use and it is hard for many to see that they have a problem as alcohol is legal. Many a drunk ass has thought themselves better than dirty hippie ass pot smokers and they remind you that there drug of choice is legal. ( And they forget that most pot smokers are not your stereotypical giggling stoner. That's just the only guy they ever take a picture of at any pro MJ event. Never the professional types, just that totally spaced out super hippie guy w/ no teeth wearing Sandals.

Sorry folks, rambling all over the place this morning! :lol:
  • MycoDani, Coopdog and NRA1420 like this

#9 friedrice

friedrice

FRIED CULTURE

• Expired Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

In florida there is a huge problem with pills. (roxies, oxies)

But it is closely followed by kids mixing alcohol and xanax.

#10 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

Booze.

#11 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

Alcohol. You can buy it at any corner mart, can get shitfaced, beat your wife and kids, drive around to cool off and run over a kid on a bicycle. Drive off without getting caught and do it again tomorrow. Next day you get shitfaced, you pick a slut at the bar and bring home a disease to your wife and ruin her life forever and do it again tomorrow. Need I go on?
  • TyPi likes this

#12 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

Alcohol. You can buy it at any corner mart, can get shitfaced, beat your wife and kids, drive around to cool off and run over a kid on a bicycle. Drive off without getting caught and do it again tomorrow. Next day you get shitfaced, you pick a slut at the bar and bring home a disease to your wife and ruin her life forever and do it again tomorrow. Need I go on?

And it is more socially accepted than weed.

#13 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

True mushit, that't the nail in the coffin.

#14 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

oc's

#15 theycallmejake

theycallmejake

Wide Eyed Wanderer...

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

alcohol is the most abundant. and only known a handful of people to die in accidents. ive been to dozens of funerals since high school due to heroin overdoses. its sad. half the people i didnt even know did it.

#16 straightog

straightog

snitchkilla420

• Validating
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

yeah up in the northeast it is pills... from ocs to percs to opanas.. if it got opiates in it people do it up... shit is gettin out of hand they need to just legalize weed already ya dig.. not to mention the prices for the pills its truly insane people are gettin madd rich out here:mistrust: on peoples destruction... alcohol is always been bad round here hell i used to be a drunk but i grew up a bit and now rarely drink.

#17 junchieve

junchieve

Riding the Lightning

• Free Member
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

Round here in the northwest (north of seattle, south of bc) its dope. It's weird 10 years ago you never heard a thing about herion. Now it's everywhere, and effecting everyone you know.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#18 Oroborous

Oroborous

The Eternal Student

• Expired Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

HUGE meth problem in my city. Well, at least where I go to college. Never been exposed to any of it though, thank god. They've got billboards and play a bunch of radio commercials to persuade people that they shouldn't do meth, "not even once". Shit scares me.

Other than that, I think Alcohol is a huge problem EVERYWHERE (especially (my) college campus(es)!). It's never appealed to me, never been drunk, never will. Maybe it's because I refuse to drink that I notice it more often, but it seems like people ABUSE alcohol all the time, like they have absolutely no respect for the dangers and addictive potential, nor does it seem that most people treat it as a drug. I'm constantly being hounded by people, "Why don't you drink? You do acid...?" It's hard to respond with, "Well, alcohol is a damaging and addictive drug, while psych's typically aren't. You wouldn't go out and start shooting heroin, smoking crack, etc because you know they are dangerous and addictive substances...." Most people just don't get it and tell me I'm going too far by making the comparison. But, seriously, alcohol just isn't a good drug in my opinion: it makes you do stupid shit that you don't remember in the morning when you feel like you've been hit by a bus. Where's the appeal to that?

#19 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

meth, hands down. single leading cause of crimes with victims around here.

#20 director of sound

director of sound

every thing is exactally the way it was aways suppose to be!

• Expired Member
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

granted alcohol is dangerous. its widly available to anyone young, old, or STUPID and there are alot of people that abuse it to the point of destroying their lives. but i think meth is the most dangerous drug. first because it is so easy to make it may be more available than alcohol. it destroys your body so quick that you would see someone one day and 3 months later after they got into meth are barley reconizable. the process of making it is so harmful to the enviroment that you might as well just go tortch the neiborhood (and sometimes they have to to clean up the mess from a lab) fumes from the process contain enough meth that the 'second hand' addicted users are often children in the house. and if you thought booze made some people angry.... meth heads will go into a frenzied rampage at the drop of a hat and do so much damage to others and them selfs that people are often killed oe hospitalized in critical condition. and the fact that you might not know that there is a meth lab 2 doors down and that thing is a ticking timebomb waiting to explode. and if it gets busted before that you will probally be questioned and maney searched if they feel the need for 'probable cause' we all know the fuzz hates us hippies but i side with them in their hatred for meth labs and heads. it has the ability to destroy whole communities in a matter of months.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!