©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Dangerous Drugs

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Most dangerous drug in your community

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Most dangerous drug in your community

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Jaspmf

Jaspmf

Watchin em' grow

• Expired Member
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

I voted alcohol

Old town was meth.
Small town, middle of nowhere. Meth ravaged the shit otta that place.

I've dabbled a handful of times, but I know a hell of alot of hardcore tweakers. Lives ruined, some in jail for 20 years, some basically retarded now, shit a few of em even died.

Glad I got the fuck outta there. Feel bad for all the people that didn't :heart:

The old saying was "I'll sleep when I'm dead"...it was closer than they thought

#22 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:53 PM

Anyone remember picking the speed balls out of the diet capsules in the eighties?
That's right. The pharms were selling meth over the counter.

#23 LotRev

LotRev

Technopagan

• Expired Member
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:43 AM

Alcohol seems to be the most debilitating to me.

Although, truly, both the individual and the system are to blame,
if there must be blame, for their lack of responsibility and education.
That goes for all drugs.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#24 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:14 AM

Alcohol, it ruined my life as well as many others.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#25 NRA1420

NRA1420

Beep Beep Boop Beep

• Expired Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

I was initially going to vote for alcohol, but I had to take into account the other aspects of danger, aside from the damage the individual is doing to themselves.

I went with meth, as I have seen it ruin livesof the users and tear apart the community they lived in. Drove them to do spiteful, illegal (stealing, B and E, etc..), and outright dangerous things (sneaking onto farmer's property to fill tanks with anhydrous- some farmers where I used to live will fire on anyone coming on their property). So meth, but only by a narrow margin over Alcohol.:horse:

#26 5-hydroxytryptamine

5-hydroxytryptamine

nephilim

• Free Member
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

no drug but alcohol has ever made me vomit until i thought i was going to die. done with that shit.

#27 ggod

ggod

MycoAddict

• OG VIP
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

I think it is more than just a single drug that is causing issues in any area. I think, lack family values and inadequate education are to blame for a lot of our social issues. From drug abuse to crime, although it may be easier to call a substance the scapegoat rather than look at how we (as a society) live our lives and raise our children. We have become a bunch of "do as I say, not as I do" parents, and have forgeten that the best way to teach a child is by example.

But if I had to pick one from the list.....Meth is bad in my state.

ggod

#28 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:13 PM

Prohibition

#29 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

I wonder why meth is so popular in the U.S. while it seems to be almost completely absent in Northern Europe, at least of what I know of Germany and Scandinavian countries. I'm not at all in the drug "scene" though, so some people possibly use it, but if it's here, it's definitely not on the streets. I don't think it's very widely used in any other European countries either, or at least I haven't heard of it. Crack cocaine also never really made it here.

#30 LotRev

LotRev

Technopagan

• Expired Member
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

Meth may be tearing down cities, but it also helps build them...

read this, it's a great commentary on the midwest, the south, and the western US

Primus - Those Damned Blue Collar Tweekers

I've seen them out at Soco
They're pounding sixteen penny nails
The truckers on the interstate
Have been known to ride the rails
The sweat is beating on the brow
Can't keep these fellas down
'Cause those damned blue-collared tweekers
Are runnin' this here town

I knew a man who hung drywall
He hung it mighty quick
A trip or two to the blue room
Would help him do the trick
His foreman would pat him on the back
Whenever he would come around
'Cause these dammed blue-collar tweekers
Are beloved in this here town

Now the union boys are there
To protect us from all the corporate type
While curious George's drug patrol
Is out here hunting snipe
Now they try to tell me different
But you know I ain't no clown
'Cause those damned blue-collar tweekers
Are the backbone of this town

Now the flame that burns twice as bright
Burns only half as long

My eyes are growing weary
As I finalize this song
So sit back and have a cup o' joe
And watch the wheels go round
'Cause those damned blue-collar tweekers
They have always run this town

[Direct Link]

that's pretty much my hometown.
  • mushit likes this

#31 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:41 PM

Meth may be tearing down cities, but it also helps build them...

Yep. Speed has been around for a long time.

Prohibition

Really not a drug but it does cause more harm than any illegal drug combined.

#32 Guest_mystic_*

Guest_mystic_*

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

:rasta:

[Direct Link]

:lol: comic relief

#33 rockawayrooms

rockawayrooms

Hash Pipe Harry

• Expired Member
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

Horse is the preferred drug around these parts and it has gotten to the point where most hospitals in my area are filled up on weekends with kids from dope.They are od'ing at an alarming rate as the shit is like 5, 6 bucks a bag they say(on the news) and it seems there is no end in sight.:(
Shit just the other day i saw like 3,4 kids trying to deal it right outside my pain management place,it's fucking SCARY casue i have a little guy and if some fuck would try and sell it to him and i found out i would ace that mofo without hesitation!!
Shit is everywhere these days,fucking sad really:(

#34 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

:rasta:

[Direct Link]

:lol: comic relief

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#35 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

nice responses.. i had no idea that primus song was about that...

unfortunately, for my town it starts in this order...

tylenol 3's, codein, vicoden, percocet, hydrocodone (7.5)?, oxycontin, heroin...

I can only thank nature for my body's intolerance to opiates... many of my friends can't say the same... it has gone from small time bullshit to extensive heroin abuse, which to say the least has been the cause for diminishing list of friends... groups of friends, and family problems among them...

the thought of the drug and what it entales makes me sick, all the good times gone because these people can't live without it... maybe i don't entirely understand it ...

i really had underestimated the power of alcohol!... even though i put it up there... i can admit i understand how devastating that can be in a short term situation... can only imagine in a longterm relationship w/ the abuser

#36 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,860 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

i really had underestimated the power of alcohol!... even though i put it up there... i can admit i understand how devastating that can be in a short term situation... can only imagine in a longterm relationship w/ the abuser

Most people don't know or even imagine that.
Long term alcohol abuse/dependency is harder to kick and deadlier to the body than heroin or any other addiction.
It goes unnoticed mostly because it takes so long for the damage to become apparent and the social acceptability of alcohol. Lots of us know people that seem to be doing OK but you notice that they drink a lot or are never w/o a drink at any social functions. Mostly that is all the tip of the iceberg and there is far more drinking going on than what people see.
Alcohol is especially insidious in that it takes so long to ruin you that you live in denial for years and years and then when you realize what you have done/ are doing to yourself you have a hard time summoning the strength and desire to quit as you see the wreck you have become and you tell yourself it is too late, you are too messed up, why bother trying to quit now. For what?
In many ways I am glad that alcohol and pot led to harder drugs. They destroy you quickly enough that I was able to find bottom and decide I'd had enough.
Any and all of the substances listed above can be misused and can be deadly and many struggle with some or all of them. But only alcohol can be bought all over the place legally and is even advertised on TV in a way that glamorizes it. And most of the folks I know that struggle w/ drugs other than alcohol usually also drink. And for effect not taste either. Hell even as a kid I drank a lot of times because I couldn't afford a sack of weed so I had to have something. ( that's the old thought process, nothing worse than being sober! )
  • Om shanti likes this

#37 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

Most people don't know or even imagine that.
Long term alcohol abuse/dependency is harder to kick and deadlier to the body than heroin or any other addiction.
It goes unnoticed mostly because it takes so long for the damage to become apparent and the social acceptability of alcohol. Lots of us know people that seem to be doing OK but you notice that they drink a lot or are never w/o a drink at any social functions. Mostly that is all the tip of the iceberg and there is far more drinking going on than what people see.
Alcohol is especially insidious in that it takes so long to ruin you that you live in denial for years and years and then when you realize what you have done/ are doing to yourself you have a hard time summoning the strength and desire to quit as you see the wreck you have become and you tell yourself it is too late, you are too messed up, why bother trying to quit now. For what?
In many ways I am glad that alcohol and pot led to harder drugs. They destroy you quickly enough that I was able to find bottom and decide I'd had enough.
Any and all of the substances listed above can be misused and can be deadly and many struggle with some or all of them. But only alcohol can be bought all over the place legally and is even advertised on TV in a way that glamorizes it. And most of the folks I know that struggle w/ drugs other than alcohol usually also drink. And for effect not taste either. Hell even as a kid I drank a lot of times because I couldn't afford a sack of weed so I had to have something. ( that's the old thought process, nothing worse than being sober! )

yeah that makes total sense, many other hard drugs will be more or less immediately evident on the surface, whereas alcohol isn't, IN MOST cases....

there must not be many addictions worse for a person than a subtle addiction.. ? luckily for me and others alike, psilocybin and other hallucinogens can shed light on the dangers of other drugs... it certainly works well for me...

on the other hand, EVERYTIME i come down from a trip i have an ice cold 12 pack waiting.... so what does that say?

i drink every time i trip... so should i trip every time i drink? :pirate: haha jk just saw that drive while you smoke commercial....

#38 Mshake

Mshake

Turn off your mind, relax

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

so can a person try heroin without ruining ones life? I mean generally speaking Ive been told that its one of those life ruining drugs that gets you totally addicted after one try... but does anyone have any feedback?

#39 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:17 AM

experimenting with heroin runs a much MUCH higher risk for continued use, than say w/ other drugs..

anything could be tried w/o ruining someone's life, but of all the people who just "tried" heroin and are now in a full blown addiction, the risk wasn't worth it..

#40 greenmeds

greenmeds

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:35 AM

T3's contain codein ... but really here its meth,heroin .. actualy more people do heroin but its not really publicly noticed.. also pills ar so fucking bad these days xanax and oc's ... actually most people know like vic's and percocet but ... alchohol while ive seen it destroy an individuals life ... maybe his family's if there stupid enough to stay ... but asside from the drunk driving accendents i dont see much ... i drink almost nightly when the green isnt cutting it but i dont drive or start shit with people .... now with other drugs not only do you have stealing and robbing but the legality's of alcohol make no need for a drug dealer ... lots of violence over wating drugs or selling drugs ... so there also that factor ... sorry this shit isnt organized im exuasted imma go to bed ill post tomorrow

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!