©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Dangerous Drugs

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Most dangerous drug in your community

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Most dangerous drug in your community

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Leftover Salmon

Leftover Salmon

Bold as Love

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

so can a person try heroin without ruining ones life? I mean generally speaking Ive been told that its one of those life ruining drugs that gets you totally addicted after one try... but does anyone have any feedback?

If one has an addictive personality, then Heroin is best left untouched. Thing is, it makes you feel so good that first time, that you continue to do it because you want that same feeling again. Then you build a tolerance and whammo! You end up having to use it to feel normal. Your body becomes physically and emotionally dependent upon H.

Meth is very similar. But sinks it's hook in a bit differently. When a person is up and awake for days on end they get exhausted. Then needing more meth to get through the day and the cycle continues.

I have one of the most addictive personalities, it's down right scary. I speak the above from experience. The 'go fast' is totally out of my picture, but the opiates are a bit harder to step away from. Although, I am working on that and am researching some alternative methods for ridding myself of that demon.

From what I hear and read, Iboga is rather miraculous. Just sucks because our Govt. has caught on to that one and has scheduled it. Quite frankly I think it is because they will lose so much revenue from Big Pharm sales. But what do I know? I'm just a fish.

Oh yea, Primus has and always will be the Shit!

#42 Mshake

Mshake

Turn off your mind, relax

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:21 AM

Thats the problem, because I have found I have a fondness for opiates, and really am curious to try... i just dont want to look back at this as the biggest mistake in my life. I dont really care too much for uppers, so thats not an issue... just sometimes it hits the spot to unwind and calm down you know?

If one has an addictive personality, then Heroin is best left untouched. Thing is, it makes you feel so good that first time, that you continue to do it because you want that same feeling again. Then you build a tolerance and whammo! You end up having to use it to feel normal. Your body becomes physically and emotionally dependent upon H.

Meth is very similar. But sinks it's hook in a bit differently. When a person is up and awake for days on end they get exhausted. Then needing more meth to get through the day and the cycle continues.

I have one of the most addictive personalities, it's down right scary. I speak the above from experience. The 'go fast' is totally out of my picture, but the opiates are a bit harder to step away from. Although, I am working on that and am researching some alternative methods for ridding myself of that demon.

From what I hear and read, Iboga is rather miraculous. Just sucks because our Govt. has caught on to that one and has scheduled it. Quite frankly I think it is because they will lose so much revenue from Big Pharm sales. But what do I know? I'm just a fish.

Oh yea, Primus has and always will be the Shit!

#43 Leftover Salmon

Leftover Salmon

Bold as Love

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:56 AM

Well let me put it bluntly, if you already have a 'fondness' for opiates,,, then I would not even think of trying Heroin...

Yes opiates do 'hit the spot' most all of the time for me... But not a day goes by that I don't wish that I have never tried them.

#44 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:14 AM

From what I hear and read, Iboga is rather miraculous. Just sucks because our Govt. has caught on to that one and has scheduled it. Quite frankly I think it is because they will lose so much revenue from Big Pharm sales. But what do I know? I'm just a fish.!

Check this out, for all these problems: http://mycotopia.net...g-live-now.html

They went over meth, cocaine, alcohol, and opiates a good bit today. Lot's has been recorded at some of those links, and more to come at 10AM Eastern.

#45 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 10,989 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:27 AM

I witnessed my best friend struggle with her addiction to meth. She looked like a skeleton with skin at one point and time. She got her kids taken away for almost a year, i was her only friend that didnt do the shit so i helped her clean up and she finally got her boys back. She has been off it for about 5 years now and she is lookin good.

#46 Mshake

Mshake

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

Well let me put it bluntly, if you already have a 'fondness' for opiates,,, then I would not even think of trying Heroin...

Yes opiates do 'hit the spot' most all of the time for me... But not a day goes by that I don't wish that I have never tried them.

Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback.

#47 DivineMomentsofTruth

DivineMomentsofTruth

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:53 AM

stay away from Fentanyl.

#48 firerat

firerat

Very Hoppy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,882 posts

Donator

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:05 AM

Alcohol.

The leading cause of death of males between the age of 16 and 25 :

drunk driving accidents

I know more people who have died in drunk driving accidents than overdoses of every other drug combined.

Alcohol has contributed in some way to just about every death in my family. (diseases, accidents, a few who drank themselves to death, 2 murders while drunk, etc..)

I've seen more poeple completely disassemble their marriages, careers, relationships with family, and freedom due to abusing alcohol. Shit I almost did it myself fighting with cops while drunk. :spank:

And get this, I still drink.

So yeah, I have to vote Alcohol: America's favorite drug.

#49 Babalula

Babalula

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

How do you define "dangerous"?

I've always felt "dangerous" needs to consider 4 factors:

1. How likely is death/injury from overdose?
2. How likely is death/injury from long-term use?
3. How likely is death/injury from indirect "under the influence" effects (collisions, DUIs, etc)?
4. How many untoward social effects do the users inflict on the public, also considering the total number of users.

If you sum up the factors - tobacco's incredibly high long-term use deaths and 2nd hand smoke make it number one with a bullet. Alcohol - you read every year about stupid kid's overdosing, add in the social effects of alcoholism and DUIs and you get a close number two. Next would be anything involving injection. It doesn't matter if it's meth, heroin, or whatever; you get huge risks for hep, HIV, and other infections. Even MDs screw up injections occasionally - someone without training and proper setups - just asking for trouble.

Natural psychedelics and weed - as long as you're not doing it on the streets and frightening the horses (see Oscar Wilde), no deaths, no injuries, no long-term untoward effects, very, very low on the scale.

#50 Mshake

Mshake

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

stay away from Fentanyl.

how does one even get their hands on stuff like that? I didnt think that was a common street drug

#51 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

a friend of mine has a book about synthetic drugs, mostly hallucinogenic and there's a passage about fentanyl, and how a dude tried to make some and wound up making a bad batch,... all his clients if you will developed parkinsons disease as the book puts it...

and a FOAF's college room mate died from poisonous batch

#52 lady_tractor

lady_tractor

lotus blossom

• Expired Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

Alcohol and opiates are probably the most notorious here. I had a friend from high school die a few years ago from a heroin overdose. :( I have what I would call an addictive personality and my family has a history of addiction, so I try stay away from highly addictive drugs. All I need is a fat joint and I'm satisfied. :rasta:

#53 PINKBUFFLVR

PINKBUFFLVR

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:14 PM

nothing but junkies around where im at.:puke:

#54 ou3308

ou3308

Beatnik

• Expired Member
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

For sure it is "meth" or crank as we use to call it. It dominates the papers every day here in S.E. Kansas. Bad stuff no doubt.

#55 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• Expired Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

Alcohol by far. This is stating the obvious.

#56 SuperiorObligation

SuperiorObligation

Naturally-Occurring

• Expired Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

I think that crack is dangerous in it's abuse potential.

Because dealers mark the price so low, thus getting people addicted to a cheap fix. I think if all drugs were legalized and regulated, we wouldn't have such a national debt.

We'd still have debt, but there is NO doubt in my mind, people would spend their hard-earned cash on an eighth of legal marijuana.

#57 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

i would have to say alcohol. there are more alcohol related deaths in my area than anything else. in fact we just had a cop hit a motorcyclist and kill him.....he was drunk...the cop that is.

#58 sam0seed

sam0seed

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

pills are a big problem where i'm from. I've had to cut off alot of frienships because they were hooked on opiates, whether it be vicodin, oc's, perks or H. I think these pills pose the biggest threat becuase of thier availabilty, and potential for addiction.

#59 microscopeman

microscopeman

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

I lived with heroin junkies... Sad sight, but no where near as sad as a raging alcoholic.
Don't get me wrong, I love my beer but use it as a responsible adult.

#60 iamsmiley

iamsmiley

the ice woman

• Expired Member
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

i think heroin,meth and crack tend to cause the most problems in other cities i've lived around.where i live now people like to inject pills of all sorts i hear,we are supposed to have a big IV drug problem.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!