©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dangerous Drugs

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Poll: Most dangerous drug in your community

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Most dangerous drug in your community

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 -VX-

-VX-

Nowhere Man

• Expired Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Meth for sure. MO sucks.

#82 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,643 posts

Donator

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

Meth hands down. It's how I got my handle. I had quit for ten years, and in a day went right back like I never quit. I also tell ya the older you get the harder it is to quit that evil shit. Been back quit a while now but it still calls to me. I gave away everything to that evil shit (twice now).

Uncle Geeter, took a lot of money to be me.

#83 red devil

red devil

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

meth.

#84 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,188 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

I would have picked Heroin/opiates along with alcohol if I could have. Alcohol has ruined more lives I think, but back where I am from Heroin is king and rules harshly. Lost half the people I grew up with in the last year and a half, all of them from a huge batch of heroin laced with Fentanyl. They thought they had it off the street but then it came back with a vengeance as someone got a pill press and started making bootleg Oxy's with the same Fentanyl laced into it. Every month it seems someone else falls to it. Instead of people shying away from that crap they want to have that strong shit, and end up dead. Like someone else said, folks you would never even think were doing it. Tragic shit indeed.

• Sidestreet and TheObserver like this

#85 TyPi

TyPi

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:03 AM

Hands down marijuana is what effects people the most around here.

• phlegmbae likes this

#86 TheObserver

TheObserver

Make em' say Umph!

• OG VIP
  • 1,195 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:22 AM

I had a friend OD most likely from pills and alcohol a couple months ago. He was around 38 years old, very nice guy just took too much and never woke up. Meth, pills, and alcohol.

#87 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:44 AM

We have a big booze culture here. Broken familes, 4th generation on the sick...
Record incidence of non fatal head trauma. .
Very few people drink at ssfe levels. .then theres smoking. .fake benzos..heroine

Younger people in addiction services are into legal highs which seem to be quite addictive and come along with sezuires and psychosis

#88 Shmoopy

Shmoopy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

I've had 1 person die in my life from alcohol consumption...
I've had 8 people die so far from Opiates.

Difference being, The Men and Women in My life that Over consume alcohol
tend to Binge, for Years and Years before they end up getting a disease and/or dying of fatal organ failures.

The Men and Women in my life that Choose to partake in recreational Opiate use end up getting something too strong,
and Dying on the spot. No chance to over come their behavior.

Thats why i chose Opiates.

• MsBehavin420 likes this

#89 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,831 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

Hands down marijuana is what effects people the most around here.

The discussion here is about dangerous drugs.  

Try again.

EDIT: So this is an old post from a member that hasn't posted for a while.  Sorry I haven't been very active for a few.

But it's posts like this that make me ask... Where the fuck did my dislike button go!?

Are we so warm and fuzzy that all opinions are valid?????

Edited by roscoe, 17 January 2018 - 11:09 PM.

• firerat likes this

#90 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 4,285 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

Are we so warm and fuzzy that all opinions are valid?????

Yes! Unless it’s a negative undesirable opinion that disrupts the “Warm and Fuzzy” vibe, something offensive or an opinion that we just feel like we should remove. We are a Warm and Fuzzy place after a few changes a lil while back.

Edited by coorsmikey, 18 January 2018 - 10:21 AM.

#91 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,922 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:56 AM

I think there's a chance TyPi was saying that sarcastically.

• coorsmikey likes this

#92 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

Edited by phlegmbae, 18 January 2018 - 01:59 PM.

#93 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

Hmmmm..... Let's try that again.....

Anyone remember picking the speed balls out of the diet capsules in the eighties?
That's right. The pharms were selling meth over the counter.

I remember those, but they weren't methamphetamine. Those were Preludins!(phenmetrazine) I think the outer coating, that was scraped off on those pills,  was a barbiturate.  I remember Preludins were probably the biggest reason the entire Amphetamine class of drugs were taken off the U.S. market on May 15, 1986! The real pharmaceutical methamphetamine pills were marketed by Abbott, and were named Desoxyn. They were called Debs on the street. One 15mg yellow tablet would make smoke come out of your ears for 18 hours. I had some experience with Desoxyn, Dexedrine, and Dexamyl. Preludins were almost exclusively a junkie's most sought after speeder though. I never tried any of them myself. Back in the late 70's, and early 80's I worked in a couple of pharmacies, and I had 2 room mates living with me that worked in different pharmacies. So 3 young men working in 3 different pharmacies living together! Needless to say we did our share of experimentation. 

I recently found out that our county has funded Naloxone distribution to local pharmacy's. They're available to anyone who's prescribed narcotic analgesics upon request, for free. I can't believe how many folks in our local community have died of pharmaceutical opioid overdoses that were prescribed! It's not just a local epidemic. It's a national epidemic! Smack is everywhere here too. 

#94 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

Long Island is riddled with junkies.
women found passed out with their kids in the car in parking lots. It use to be crack.. Then opioid took over medicine cabinets of the rich and wealthy.. And their kids went shopping..
I have lost several really good friends to heroin overdose and others from other. One was on that long island medium show. Someone dropped that into my inbox ten years to the day that Chris died. :o
My 'wifey' , I buried two years ago Feb5. She starved herself, binge vomited, and was an avid drug and alcohol abuser..my two fisted ride or Die. She ran with a can of redbull and water bottle of vodka.. 5foot tall badass bitch.
Michael.... Michael hurts the worst. Former friends baby brother. Pot head, ate some L at shows, not much more.
had a baby girl. Momma was driving the family home from a family event. Got blasted by a truck (drunk driver hit them). Killed the baby on impact. Michael was riding passenger side and took the hit to his side. Shattered his right side, ankle to shoulder. He spent 4 months in rehab and we attended the memorial services for Addie on my 30th birthday. Drs told Michael he would be lucky to walk again... Michael told them he's got a phish show to dance at on New years in NY. Dr laughed... Here's a pic of my friend Michael and another friend on the following New Years in times Square, NY.IMG00159-20110101-0039-20171008-120619632.jpg
We lost Michael 3 years ago to a heroin OD. Tragic.

These fucking amazing people. Can't see how or why we can see them as so amazing. But i will say I started my dreads when wifey was conscious.

#95 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,945 posts

Donator

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

Opiates have killed more people in my life than anything else. I lived in south Florida during the whole Florida pill mill free for all pre 2010. My sister overdosed twice but managed to survive. She's 5 years sober in March. Her wife also overdosed twice but pulled through. She's at 3 years sober.

Alcohol related car accidents would be a close second.

Edited by firerat, 19 January 2018 - 09:44 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!