Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Aqua and Red

Aqua and Red

Mycophilliac

• Free Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

:dance::dance::dance: doing the dance for you friend :)

#42 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

thanks! :)

after almost three weeks of aborts i have a few more large fruits. not as pleasant looking as the first flush. they get so big they can't stand up. once again they don't grip the substrate very well. the lazy one fell over days ago.. it was more of a side pin and never was really straight.

sorry, not the best pics, but i am in a hurry. as usual :sigh: the drying fruit pics are from today 24 hours after harvest. i threw in an average sized drying semperviva for color and size comparison. it's difficult to get the real life color in a picture. they are actually more of a greyish and blue.

i'll try and catch up more a little later ;)

:heart:

#43 Aqua and Red

Aqua and Red

Mycophilliac

• Free Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:51 AM

It's crazy how they go from being this caramel color to this greyish tan color when from drying.

Good work with this species so far, I'll try my best with it.

#44 Cultosaurus

Cultosaurus

Aspiring Psychonaut

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

Beautiful, TCO.

I've been meaning to ask about the Yerba Matte that you used in the substrate. What kind of stores would carry such an herb? I searched, but only find sources online. It certainly has a great many health benefits to it.

Are there any special benefits that YM offers that make it a good sub?

Peace
Cult

#45 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

Lookin great! Always amazing TCO!

#46 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

Beautiful, TCO.

I've been meaning to ask about the Yerba Matte that you used in the substrate. What kind of stores would carry such an herb? I searched, but only find sources online. It certainly has a great many health benefits to it.

Are there any special benefits that YM offers that make it a good sub?

Peace
Cult

thanks bro! and everyone again! :love:

the yerba is mostly very fiberous. i was also trying to duplicate a coffee plantation as closely as i could with what i have on hand. figured the yerba would be similar to some of the natural foliage where these grow and i do drink a lot of it so i have lots. cubensis seem to find it attractive as well so i figured i'd give it a try. :)

ktbotanicals used to offer bulk but i'm not sure if they still do. i usually pick mine up at Fred Meyer Grocery aka Kroger here in the states. it's the only store i have found it at other than health food stores.

update: had a few more fruits, but they matured very rapidly. never got any pics of those, but they are a little smaller than the last few. i would call it the end of the second flush fro that colony.. another just finished it's first. wish i had more time for pics etc. but i've had some rough times these last few months and it's been hard to keep up. mostly battling gnats atm.. seems to be the one problem with these long lived species.

OH! and i have not forgotten you cult! i have a package for you, workman, pizark2 and my good brother Harry... almost done! i'll get 'em out yet. i'll be sure to throw a piece of one of these prints in there for ya too. for waiting so long.

much love

will update more soon

#47 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

nice bluing on those.

#48 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

any update?
:):)
  • the_chosen_one likes this

#49 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

any update?

looks like a third flush is forming now. already a few aborts. seems to be common with this species as an indoor cultivar from what i have read.

damn gnats sure have become an issue. they seem to really like this substrate. probably the worst infestation i have ever dealt with. :flamer:

i'll be making a few changes on the next run. i think maybe simple grain casings. i had a forgotten jar of these and some zapos both pin invitro so think they will fruit ok on grain. besides, it will save me some much needed time. i have a twenty pound block of ps. cyansescens that requires some attention atm. too much gardening to catch up on too.

:love:

#50 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

Good to know about the invitro pinning!
Thanks!
Damn gnats ,have had them.
Have shot several little boxes with oat grains via LC just today and will see how it goes soon :):)
Caerulescens is the only print i managed to clean from Allan ,maybe Zapos also.

#51 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

Good to know about the invitro pinning!
Thanks!
Damn gnats ,have had them.
Have shot several little boxes with oat grains via LC just today and will see how it goes soon :):)
Caerulescens is the only print i managed to clean from Allan ,maybe Zapos also.

many good vibes! and keep us posted. the more teks used the better.

have you tried semperviva yet? :eusa_eh:

#52 ethnobotanica

ethnobotanica

Botanical-manical

• Expired Member
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Are we guna hear a trip report on these soon Tco??:)

#53 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Thanks,will do.
Have not yet tried the semperviva :):)

#54 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

Are we guna hear a trip report on these soon Tco??:)

i could sure use one. been a pretty stressful year though. i'd like to reduce some of that before i try them. i only trip a few times a year anymore, and i am very picky about set and setting etc. maybe in a month or two. we'll see.

in the meantime at least i don't have to worry about a shortage of material. here's a few pics of the third flush. the fruits are not as large as they have been, but they are still fairly large.. and very solid. they don't hold as much water as cubensis either.

more caps are printing now and i've got only three more packages to get out and i'll be caught up finally. these things really drop nice prints and i'll be spreading more as i can. these will make a nice next step for those who are sharpening thier skills with the semperviva.

once again thank you all so much :love: i'll update soon! maybe with a 4th flush if we are lucky. a few small casings are doing well atm too.

#55 Aqua and Red

Aqua and Red

Mycophilliac

• Free Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

Wow, what a great job TCO! I think I'll try once more after my quila and semp finish.

I just can't seem to get these to germinate or colonize a jar.

I have a little agar in my fridge that seems to be uncontaminated still, so I'll have to pull it out and let it sit for a day and try to get it germinated on some agar.

Do you think PDA would work well as a medium for these?

#56 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:23 PM

Wow, what a great job TCO! I think I'll try once more after my quila and semp finish.

I just can't seem to get these to germinate or colonize a jar.

I have a little agar in my fridge that seems to be uncontaminated still, so I'll have to pull it out and let it sit for a day and try to get it germinated on some agar.

Do you think PDA would work well as a medium for these?

it should. i have cultures on both pda and mea. odd it still hasn't germinated yet. hasn't been an issue for me yet. keep me posted my friend :weedpoke:

#57 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

Archive Material

Hope all is growing well TCO :)

#58 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

I saw you talking about breaking up a semperviva cake in another thread, why not give it a try with a sub of these also? It might be worth a try since they are called the landslide mushroom.

#59 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

PDA does work,i use it.
  • Aqua and Red likes this

#60 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

a fourth flush. :)

the two large ones fell over once again. both made perfect landings and the caps came in contact with nothing until i proped them up for the picture, so i'm still trying for prints.

are we sure they don't call them "land slide mushrooms" because they fall down a lot? :eusa_thin

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!