40 replies to this topic

#1 Tipper

Tipper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

And i was sick. Twice. :puke:

I did the toss and wash method thinking the fx were going to be mild. At first it was ok but after a while i started to feel nausea. After the first time i had some water and about 30 mins later i was sick again. Could the water have caused it? My stomach is still unsettled so i'm a little wary of putting anything in my body that might set me off again.:drk: Thanks,

Tipper

#2 Tipper

Tipper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

Oh yeah, i had a teaspoon which i understood from erowid to be around a gram. I took it on an empty stomach as well. Is this normal for a first time?

#3 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,248 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

Kratom acts like an opiate for me
When I'm not accustomed to the dosage - nausea is common
I would advise against regular usage but your psyche/body will demand otherwise

#4 Tipper

Tipper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

I'm not sure i'll be taking it again after the nausea! :(

Is it safe to drink anything without a repeat performance? I found the effects strong enough so if i do it again i would take a smaller amount. Is there anyway to avoid being sick or alleviate the nausea though?

#5 EmmisonJ

EmmisonJ

halcyon & on & on

• Expired Member
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:29 PM

you got sick from 1 gram? was it extract or plain leaf powder? perhaps it's a bad batch or perhaps kratom just isn't for you, for the plain leaf i found 1 gram to be an ineffective dose and don't feel anything at all until i get 3 grams then a mild buzz is noticed. i've never done extracts.

BTW i'd recommend drinking a good bit of water anytime you take a large amount of powder, i find drinking a good bit of water helps my stomach out. don't chug it or anything, just drink a good amount over a period of time.

i've heard of some people having adverse effects to bali which include nausea and vertigo. not sure if a particular alkaloid is to blame, or it just doesn't jive with some people, or it has some type of contaminant that stems from a particular supplier, not sure. but when i take kratom it's 8-13g and i've never gotten sick, but i definitely have been hung over the day after. the hang over had mild vertigo and talk about lack of energy but no nausea

#6 Tipper

Tipper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:30 PM

you got sick from 1 gram? was it extract or plain leaf powder? perhaps it's a bad batch or perhaps kratom just isn't for you, for the plain leaf i found 1 gram to be an ineffective dose and don't feel anything at all until i get 3 grams then a mild buzz is noticed. i've never done extracts.

I thought maybe i misjudged the amount but it was a rounded teaspoon. But based on what's left yeah, no more than that. I'm not sure what the grade is but i had assumed it was standard bali kratom.

BTW i'd recommend drinking a good bit of water anytime you take a large amount of powder, i find drinking a good bit of water helps my stomach out. don't chug it or anything, just drink a good amount over a period of time.

That could have something to with it, i didn't drink anything at all! If i do it again i will drink plenty of water, cheers.

i've heard of some people having adverse effects to bali which include nausea and vertigo. not sure if a particular alkaloid is to blame, or it just doesn't jive with some people, or it has some type of contaminant that stems from a particular supplier, not sure. but when i take kratom it's 8-13g and i've never gotten sick, but i definitely have been hung over the day after. the hang over had mild vertigo and talk about lack of energy but no nausea

I read some accounts on erowid of people experiencing bad nausea and vomiting but that was at much higher doses. I was really surprised when the nausea hit. I was enjoying it up until that point, from the amount i took it had quite an effect. Maybe it's potent grade. I think the vendor grows the kratom themselves but i know they're legit. I think 8-13gms would put me in casualty!:puke:

#7 Tipper

Tipper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

All i can think of is i took some Astragulus about an hour before i had the kratom. Maybe that caused a bad reaction. I still feel queasy now but the afterglow is nice. :)

#8 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,114 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:32 AM

Some people barf on kratom. My wife tried a little bit once and puked. Fortunately, she
didn't try it again, otherwise we'd both be hooked :)

soliver

#9 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:34 AM

All i can think of is i took some Astragulus about an hour before i had the kratom. Maybe that caused a bad reaction. I still feel queasy now but the afterglow is nice. :)

be careful what you mix astragulus with. i'm not sure about it's reactions with kratom, but that could very well be it. astragulus by itself can be rough on the stomach. glad you are able to enjoy it regardless :)

:heart:

#10 Tipper

Tipper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:42 AM

Some people barf on kratom. My wife tried a little bit once and puked. Fortunately, she
didn't try it again, otherwise we'd both be hooked :)

soliver

Looks like i could be one of those people.:neutral:

#11 healing_light

healing_light

Visionary

• Expired Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:25 AM

usually on kratom I feel no nausea at up to 15g...but the following day I get fevers up to 104 that last for days. EVERY time. I've since stopped cause I dont really like feeling like that...its like a benzo withdrawal...minus paranoia :(

But everyone reacts differently. Maybe I go through w/d every time. Id almost rather barf it up :lol:

#12 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:06 AM

is it 'enhanced' leaf? if so its several times as potent ime

#13 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,248 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

"enhanced leaf" ?

I agree. One gram is pretty low
I usually used 3 heaping tablespoons (nine teaspoons)
Nausea is just part of the experience

#14 zodd

zodd

walk towards the light

• Expired Member
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:49 AM

no nausia for me. just a very productive morning that ended in a bit of irratation and assyness. the stuff ive tried is the indo powderd leaf, and the balli crushed leaf. i would say try it again on an empty stomach. if at first you dont succeed. ow wait does that apply here? :eusa_eh:

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,836 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:29 AM

I've greatly enjoyed 5 grams of regular leaf (brewed into a tea), and then other times that same 5 gram tea makes me puke my guts out. I have no idea what sets it off but it happens often enough to make me not very enthusiastic about kratom. I certainly haven't encouraged anyone I know to try it. Still have a few ounces in the fridge from many months ago, in fact... :puke:

#16 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:31 AM

"enhanced leaf" ?

I agree. One gram is pretty low
I usually used 3 heaping tablespoons (nine teaspoons)
Nausea is just part of the experience

enhanced by adding pure kratom isolates to normal powdered leaf. pure being typically a crystaline or oil form of very high percentage of 80% or better. several herbal extracts have really been increasing in potency and purity over the last year or so due to improved techniques.

at any rate, the stuff is so potent (1 gram of UE* being a good dose) that Tyler has it classified as extract at KT..

also notice the are two grades offered UE (ultra enhanced) and FSE (full spectrum enhanced) this is simply determined by how much pure isolate extract is added. UE having more than FSE.

http://www.ktbotanic...sort=20a&page=4

#17 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,114 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

no nausia for me. just a very productive morning that ended in a bit of irratation and assyness. the stuff ive tried is the indo powderd leaf, and the balli crushed leaf. i would say try it again on an empty stomach. if at first you dont succeed. ow wait does that apply here? :eusa_eh:

Like with opiates, the crankiness, etc., goes away if . . .

You take some more!

Brutal cycle, but better than pod addiction / pill addiction, I suppose.

:)

soliver

#18 Calaquendi

Calaquendi

Reflection

• OG VIP
  • 820 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

...but the following day I get fevers up to 104 that last for days. EVERY time.

Well, that is very strange...how many times has this happened? Have never heard of this before.

Kratom is addictive. That's the big drawback for me - that, and it tastes like regurgitated shit. I know of some folks who used kratom for weening off of opiates only to have to ween down from kratom the same way. Mitragynine binds to the same receptors that opiates do, hence the propensity for dependence. Take care!

#19 healing_light

healing_light

Visionary

• Expired Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

It happened to me four times until I finally learned my lesson :lol:

I started thinking maybe the leaves contained some bacteria or something...but it was from BBB and they always did me well so I just chalked it up as a personal intolerance.

...I can handle normal opiates well though, which is what confuses me. (I took oxy for a week or two after some surgery last year)
  • Calaquendi likes this

#20 Tipper

Tipper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

be careful what you mix astragulus with. i'm not sure about it's reactions with kratom, but that could very well be it. astragulus by itself can be rough on the stomach. glad you are able to enjoy it regardless :)

Really? I thought Astragalus was good for digestive problems! I've found it beneficial anyway. There's no hard evidence but it has been used treat digestive disorders.

I will try a smaller amount of the kratom next time and see how it affects me. Assuming, that is, i won't be sick again! I'm kinda disappointed after all the good things i've read about it.

Reading some of the replies here it's not as cut and dry as i thought it was and i should have done some more research beforehand. Cheers,

Tipper

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!