• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Basset

Basset

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

We here on the coast of MS just boil the shit out of them (pun intended haha) and mix them up with grape cool aid (because they are purple anyway) and then everyone drinks their electric cool aid t astes great

#22 Basset

Basset

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

We here on the coast of MS just boil the shit out of them (pun intended haha) and mix them up with grape cool aid (because they are purple anyway) and then everyone drinks their electric cool aid t astes great
  • psycheholic likes this

#23 mollymauler

mollymauler

mycologistic mystic

• Expired Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

Ive always wondered why more people dont drink tea rather than eating the mushrooms. The first time I tried tea was with my first successful grow and I have no clue how much/many mushrooms I cut up and popped into my sock to steep them but let me tell you this...It was afuckinglot! On an empty stomach it started slamming me within 15 or 20 minutes and by 30 or so minutes i was in another galaxy. Seriously i will never eat them again

#24 Basset

Basset

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

Ya juice hits you so quick it is easy to adjust your trip as you need it. Not tripping hard enough? just drink some more. Scared? Just drink a little let it set in and when you feel stable with it slam a big glass a launch! We drink on it all night.

#25 psycheholic

psycheholic

S-W-I-M Team

• OG VIP
  • 2,726 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

I grinded up 5 gms of PESH and dumped it into my frenchpress. Boiled some water and poured into my frenchpress, let it steep for 20 min then poured into a seperate pot for decanting. I did this again to ensure all alks were extracted. Well, the vibe just wasnt there to do it lastnight. I dont want to push these things cause the psychedelic gods will punish your soul for forcing yourself upon their realm. So, I ended up freezing the tea and was just wondering if anyone has an idea on the shelflife of frozen tea.

#26 Witchlover77

Witchlover77

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

So what I'm wondering is what would be a good starting amount of dries mushies to seep? I've read 3 grams as a good starting point.  Does that seem about right?

#27 sandman

sandman

Darth Cultivar

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,374 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

3 grams is a pretty good amount. Should be perfect.

• coleman318 and Witchlover77 like this

#28 Witchlover77

Witchlover77

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:39 PM

3 grams is a pretty good amount. Should be perfect.

Thanks.  That's what we will do then.

#29 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 782 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

Tried the tea method last night, and this is DEFNITELY the way to go! Way better than just eating. Used some chai tea, very nice. Still a little bit of nausea though through the night, does anyone know how to make nausea as minimal as possible? Any tips would be great. Thanks.

the stomach upset is due to things in the solids of the mushroom which are not active. Best way to avoid problems would be to soak your mushrooms (make tea) and strain off the liquid to drink and not ingest the solids. If you still have problem you may be sensitive to the non active solids and the best way to get around that problem would be to grow some stronger mushrooms. I assume you are taking a p.cubensis mushroom? A Much Much Much stronger option would be a wood loving variety such as p.azurescens, p.cyanescens, p.subaeruginosa. Those are the most potent in the world which means you only need a little so the solid content you get will be very small in comparison. Figure that they are easily three to four times as potent as cubensis are. Depending upon where you live there will be options. Liberty caps (p.semilanceata) are almost as potent probably three time more so than a cubensis.

I just noticed the date on this post but the response is still of use to other readers who may be dealing with gastrointestinal issues. Tea to extract and don't eat/drink the solids if there is still an issue stronger mushrooms to allow for lower dose should take care of any stomach upset.

Edited by mjroom, 23 October 2017 - 03:16 PM.

#30 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,417 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

Brother MJ, you got suckered into responding to an old post from march of 2010. You probably wont get a reply.

Happens to all of us, once in a while ;)
  • mjroom likes this

#31 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 782 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

Brother MJ, you got suckered into responding to an old post from march of 2010. You probably wont get a reply.

Happens to all of us, once in a while ;)

I should have looked first not later. That said the info is still of interest I am sure . I know cubes really bother my stomach/gut.

[Direct Link]

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!