93 replies to this topic

#81 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,718 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

Why edit your response i patch? I read it earlier and did not take offence, and am interested in everyones comments/thoughts, but I cannot say I fully understood either.

#82 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,426 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

I thought, for a moment, that shamans were the ones who stayed behind, and spoke to the general public about what the true mind benders were doing inside the tent, and kept them out. 

He had to give a reasonable explanation, or they would swarm the place and arrest everyone.

I probably sounded like a "sham" to the straight people outside, and he had to sell like a motherfucker to keep his job.

So I say "Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my shaman friends"

#83 lonewolf

lonewolf

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

if you do i do

#84 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

"Blue helixes, Entity Contact, and Energy Vampirism" - a lecture on modern shamanism by i patch. Also available on CDROM or cassette tape (narrated by Barbra Walters) for three easy payments (and one difficult one) of $19.99 cash or money order.*

* actual product may or may not exist in this dimension, TR is not responsible for undelivered orders.
  • TVCasualty, Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#85 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,319 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

not a shaman per se but someone who is sharing the light

the world gets to be a better place one person at a time. I try to pick people (of course they've already shown an interest) who are likely to grow their soul via the drugs and then pass it on as I did for them.

frankly I think the Idiocracy is spreading much quicker than my efforts but I guess what matters is that a couple more beings are enlightened and can enjoy this life for as long as it lasts.

• Skywatcher likes this

#86 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,637 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

... new meaning to burnt offerings

As time goes on I think that I might be becoming a burnt offering.

It's nicer than it probably sounds, and there's been a seemingly-related steady decline in the 24/7 internal rush hour of chaotic thought-traffic that gridlocks and paralyzes my Intent with a tsunami of constant digressions. Like all the ones I just deleted, for example.

• TurkeyRanch and Skywatcher like this

#87 papa_legba

papa_legba

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 364 posts

Donator

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

Do you consider yourself a shaman?

No, but my buddy does

BUDDIES TRIP REPORT YESTERDAY POSTED EARLIER TODAY AT ANOTHER SITE

shit my buddy freaked me out yesterday. called me up and said "dude am i gonna survive this?" i was like "survive what man?" he said "man i talked to god today. i shit you not i got lost in the wood i couldnt find my way. god start talking to me asked me if i want to survive this. i said yes. then he told me to stop being such a greedy bastard and start spreading the word of love." i said to him "dude how much you take." he said"the whole fucking bag man. i been lost in the woods for hours. you are an artist brother." remind you guy this dude frequents these woods often. what made him think a whole OZ was a good idea i have know clue.

Edited by papa_legba, 01 February 2015 - 06:46 PM.

#88 gamereaper

gamereaper

Psyconaut

• Expired Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:01 AM

If i wasnt i would be lost.

#89 burp

burp

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:12 AM

No i dont consider myself a shaman, but the Teacher is, my music teacher, and a great one imho.

The only person i have met in my life to truly feel and believe that about him. I feel lucky and grateful.

#90 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,149 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

I'm the kind of Shaman who goes up to life and smiles at it, and when it smiles back I kick it as hard as possible in the balls, yelling "Next time protect your balls!"

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 16 October 2015 - 09:04 PM.

#91 SillyCone

SillyCone

Wounded Healer

• OG VIP
  • 2,846 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

After having had many ceremonies, on both sides (guiding and guided), with traditional healers and occidental ones, my actual definition of a shaman is "a healer who is the bearer of a tradition".

But the ones I drank with (Ayahuasca and cacti) wouldn't consider themselves shamans.

Healers, curanderos, ayahuasqueros, quejos, tabasqueros, parfumeros, guides, yes, but shaman, no.

Each tradition has a different name for the "function", but none of them is "shaman", which was a healer in the siberian traditions.

Now, when talking about being one's own healer, well, it's clearly the case in my view, only you can cure yourself...

Even the healers/guides don't cure you, they guide you through your own healing, thanks to the medecine used, in our case, the plants.

But to be your own "shaman", you'd need to be trained by others, following one (or many) traditions, using techniques learned by experience by the ancestors and transmitted from generation to generation. Or, if you're especially inclined and open (in the heart), received directly from the "plants".

The shipibos, for example, consider Ayahuasca to be the teacher and the healer, not the "shaman". When you're going to the Amazon to learn with them, it's clear to everyone involved who will be teaching you : the spirits of the plants...

#92 catattack

catattack

Mycotopia's beast coast day shift helper. [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,655 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:58 PM

I prefer medicine man. I claim no spiritual answers of any kind. I will tell a person the potential pros and cons of anything that they are considering to ingest or apply to themselves, including RC's as I have taken most of them in the past. 

#93 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,036 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:21 AM

a self-shaman.  but i'm only qualified to help one person.  and that, barely.

i'm curious as hell to know if i could help someone else, but i would fear the responsiblity.  i'm not sure which would win if i had to decide...

• catattack likes this

#94 panaho

panaho

Keyboard Krusader

• Free Member
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:11 PM

sorcery .... works for me..

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!