• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 BecomeTheOther

BecomeTheOther

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

Howdy, since im new here, i thought I would share a useful technique for the preparation of mimosa hostilis tea.
I read posts about how bad the purge is, and how horrible the brew tastes,
But alas, It doesn't have to be that way!
I use mimosa hostilis to make a clear light red tea which you can see through, and then capsulate rue and take it orally. So here is a quick and easy way to clean out your brew..

Boil your mimosa as you normally would, in slightly acidified water 3X 30 min, or 2X 45 min, whatever its up to you! Collect the results of all three washes in a big pot, and begin to reduce, but dont let get too hot, just until there is steam coming from the tea and it regains heat. At this point remove the pot from the burner, and stir in just THE WHITES OF 1-3 EGGS (depending on the size of your brew) If the water is too hot, the eggs will coagulate instantly and rise to the top, if the water is too cold the eggs seem to have a hard time forming the tannin rich foam you are looking for... So mix in your eggs and put back on the burner, within minutes the brew will take on a very murky cloudy apperance, this is good it is the egg coagulating, and while it does so, almost all of the tanins and solid particles in the tea will attach to bits of eggwhite, and will rise to the top as a think purply gooey foam. This is what you want to remove just scoop as much as you can off the surface with a wooden spoon. Now finish reducing and put final product in fridge overnight, by morning the remaining tannin/eggwhite/solid particles will have definitavely settled to the bottom, pour off the good tea, dispose of the rest, Thats it. Maybe ill make a brew in the next few days so I can show you the tea. It looks so nice, and is near tastless, and indeed full of magic..:meditate:
Mimosa (and rue) is truly an awesome combo with much unexplored potential. My favorite entheogen period!
So thx for reading give it a try, you won't use any other method!
  • shroom_seeker, whatchamacallit, Om shanti and 5 others like this

#2 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

Great tek! :thumbup:

#3 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:34 PM

thanks for sharing :cool:
is there a tek like this for Psychotria viridis?
the idea of a thick ayahuaca brew is unappealing,
and i dont want to sacrifice any mhrb on aya, when i have the other makings available.

#4 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

That egg-white trick is used by chefs to clear bouillon and stock.

In the kitchen, the whites are beaten lightly and stirred into cool stock which is then simmered.

Following that thought - I wonder if using beer-clarifying agents would work, too. F'rinstance, gelatin dissolved in water will combine with tannins and flocculate impurities which sink to the bottom.

Welcome to Topia.
  • Frequency likes this

#5 Mr Kush

Mr Kush

Wild Cactus Child

• Expired Member
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

Welcome to mycotopia:headbang:

Thanks for sharing!
been wanting to try this for a whle.
If you do make this tea in a fiew days would you be ever so kind to take a picture of when it's all settled to the bottom?

#6 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

Gelatin and paraffin wax have been used with success, I've read. I believe Hippie even posted about using dry non-fat milk..
  • Shadowlord likes this

#7 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

Nice tek. Do you use shredded mhrb during your process?

Pictures would be great! :)

#8 BecomeTheOther

BecomeTheOther

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

This tek is specifically for mimosa hostilis, I don't think it would work the same with any of the leaves because they are a different material than the rootbark. I could be wrong though, because i have never tried it, chaliponga tea on its own is fairly clear and called "water yage"
If your making a traditional brew (b.cappi and chaliponga, or viridis) I don't think you would want to do this because with cappi there are lots of actives in the solid chunks that float around in there. If making a real traditional brew theres no way around it, it will be chunky!

I use powderized mimosa, but shredded would be similar i imagine

Yeah I imagine that the stuff they use to clean out beer would work well too, i have never tried, but the eggwhites definetly work like a charm!

Yeah ill definetly be making a brew in the next few days and ill take a few pics along the way, and then pics of the clear tea!

Thanks guys, for the warm welcome!:headbang:

#9 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,989 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:26 AM

Talk about making a big entrance. :lol:
Welcome to Mycotopia! Having a Mimosa tea tek as one of your first posts here is a great way to start off. :thumbup: You'll fit right in here.
Great post and tek. Look forward to seeing you around the Boards.
:rasta:

Edited by Shadowlord, 30 August 2010 - 04:48 PM.

#10 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 809 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:44 AM

Fining agents for beer work in a different way - by causing particulate matter to crash out.
My friend tried the egg white trick with an MHRB extraction to see if he could use a lower pH on a clarified extract without getting an emulsion. Didn't work, but he never thought of using the technique to make a cleaner aya brew. I'll have to get him to give it a try.
I imagine that it would work to some extent on leaf material though probably to a lesser degree since they have less tannin content than bark which I think is mostly what is being removed.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#11 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• OG VIP
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:10 AM

Amazing BecomeTheOther. Great contribution brother/sister. Mimosahuasca in a clear, indiscriminate medium!

:meditate:

#12 BecomeTheOther

BecomeTheOther

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

Awesome! thx for the friendly replies! feel free to send me friend requests or anything else as i still have no friends!
Ill make a brew tonight and have pics of the tea tonight or tomo
so check back!
:rasta:
  • loudenbomber and like this

#13 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

Looking forward to seeing your brew, please include dosage when you post.

#14 BecomeTheOther

BecomeTheOther

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

will do

#15 BecomeTheOther

BecomeTheOther

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

Ok here goes:
I started with 40 grams powderized mimosa. This is for 5 8 gram doses
I put the mimosa in the pot and filled it about half full of water, then added about a capful of phosphoric acid. Photo 22.jpg
This pic is after the first boil. I boiled the bark 2x 50 min each. after the boil is done take off heat and lett the sludge settle to bottom for 10-15 min, then pour off the liquid and boil the sludge again.
Photo 48.jpg the small pot is good liquid the big pot is sludge
Photo 61.jpg
Photo 73.jpg
During the second boil I started reducing the pour off from the first boil to save time.
All right now both boils are done. Let settle and pour off the liquid on top, do what you will with the sludge.
Now combine washes into 1 pot and put back on burner if it has cooled a little bit. quickly prepare your egg whites put them in a container.
This pic is my eggwhites sitting next to the liquid wich has just started to steam again and is at the prime time to add eggwhites. (next post i guess)

#16 BecomeTheOther

BecomeTheOther

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

K here is the brew with eggwhite next to it. It is at prime time to add whites
Photo 87.jpg
Now add whites and stir fast. You should see some instant reaction brew will turn cloudy and pinkish. Here is brew immediately after adding whites and stirring them inPhoto 88.jpg
Now put back on heat and let coagulate. It wont take long! like 5 min.
Here is brew after some coagulation. See the goop floating to top?
Photo 89.jpg
Scoop off the goop, mine came all in one piece.
Photo 90.jpg
Now reduce to desired amount, i shot for 250 ml. thats 50 ml per dose, a very small amount!
Once reduced pour into a cup or container. Dont worry, it wont look totally clear, but the process isnt done.
Photo 98.jpg
Let sit in cold fride overnight and it will look different..
Photo 69.jpg
Pour off your product and its done, or if you still pour in some solids just let it settle again.
Here it is! Its not the very clearest ive made but still turned out real nice, my camera is my computer so i couldnt really get good pics but it really is transparent like normal tea! And that little shot is more than enough for a powerful potent trip. Without the eggwhite, if you reduced to that amout you would have pure sludge.
Photo 86.jpg
Photo 104.jpg
Photo 105.jpg
Thanks guys im open to questions.
  • shroom_seeker and Shadowlord like this

#17 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

That's great man, thx for the pics and explanations looks very straightforward. So that one shot only makes up about a fifth of your final reduction? The tea looks very drinkable, unlike my first ayah brew which was sludge-like. Foaf is gonna have to give this a go. :)

Do you take the rue capsules before the tea? When, how much?
  • Shadowlord likes this

#18 BecomeTheOther

BecomeTheOther

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

Yeah the shot is a little over 1 fifth of the final reduction.
So it is about an 8 gram dose.
I take my rue, powered, and then packed as tightly into capsules. 4 or 4.5 grams is a good dose for rue, I take the capsules about 30 min before drinking the brew. It makes for an awesome experience with significantly reduced body load (although sometimes you will still purge)
Let me know how it works out for you!
  • Om shanti likes this

#19 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

Cool, thanks!

#20 StheNC

StheNC

Filthy Creep