Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

So you want to see some g2g?! Wild stuff.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:38 AM

Yea, these fruits are gonna be pretty I'm sure....

#22 IncredibleEdible

IncredibleEdible

Loving g2g!

• Expired Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:26 PM

So here is the latest updates on the experiment.

Remember, the Malabar and Ecuador were taken from nearly dead myc, so they're still above expectations. :)

Here is the Malabar, exactly one week later, and shaken up not long ago.
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1269368563

Here is the Ecuador, same story as the Malabar. Doing a bit better, though.

Now, here are the ones that have me excited. Each of these jars had one spoonful of healthy Burma Mycelium. 8 days later, and I've reached almost 100% colonization.

Here is the pint.

Here is one of the quarts..

And check out this bad boy! :love:

So from healthy mycelium g2g, it's taking about 8 days to get almost completely done. I'll keep an update on the Malabar and Ecuador - but the Burma are going to be put to good use, soon!

Attached Thumbnails

• 3-23-2010 g2g Malabar.JPG
  • 3-23-2010 g2g BurmaQ.JPG
  • 3-23-2010 g2g Ecuador.JPG
  • 3-23-2010 g2g BurmaQ 2.JPG
  • 3-23-2010 g2g BurmaP.JPG

#23 plantman21

plantman21

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:50 PM

and now for a tale of the fruits that could:teeth:

Plantman

#24 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

Anything new going on? I want to see where these jars went!

#25 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

I would advise to not shake anymore so your mycelium cna finish up and be strong. I like A shake about 12-24 hrs before spawning.

Throw that pint in the fridge and you've got a nice master jar. Just be sure to let it warm up to room temp before you use it again.

Great thread on G2G without a glovebox or flowhood. Good open air work :thumbup:

archive material

#26 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

I doubt his jars need shaken at this point, judging from how far along they were at 7 days, at 14 I'm sure they're pretty much done!

#27 IncredibleEdible

IncredibleEdible

Loving g2g!

• Expired Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

Ok, you asked for it. :) Here are the jars currently.
Here are the malabar/Ecuador.
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1269910911
As for that "parent" g2g jar I did...well, here is one of the jars we put them it into. We spawned the pint into about 4 more Burma jars.
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1269910911
And...here was the rez tray we made from one of the G2G jars. :laser:
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1269911380

Attached Thumbnails

• 3-29-2010 g2g Burma Rez Tray.JPG
  • 3-29-2010 g2g Ec Malabar.JPG
  • 3-29-2010 g2g 3rd Gen Burma.JPG

#28 MonBongk

MonBongk

Pans Lover

• Free Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

Hey great thread !! :greenboun
Is nice to see how faster they colonize by G2G :teeth:

BTW, that casing looks a bit dry at corners ? Maybe needs some water ?

Best wishes

#29 calistoner

calistoner

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

I cant wait to see the fruits those babies yield. i have a mushroom spore print. ive just been too intimidated to try to grow some shrooms. it seems expensive

#30 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

I cant wait to see the fruits those babies yield. i have a mushroom spore print. ive just been too intimidated to try to grow some shrooms. it seems expensive

Not to pull this thread off track, but you really need very few supplies to start a grow, and you can certainly ghetto rig a simple setup with stuff lying around your house supplemented by a handful of supplies from the dollar store. Just read tons and TONS before you get going, so you have info on how to proceed and what to expect.

Those jars look bangin'! I love popcorn for G2G, faster than WBS IME. :loveeyes:

#31 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

I really want my first time to be g2g now....
  • SpiritMolecule likes this

#32 IncredibleEdible

IncredibleEdible

Loving g2g!

• Expired Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:23 AM

Well, here is the thing. You'll need colonized grain before you can do g2g.. :)

I would definitely suggest doing a simple BRF tek first, though. It really helped me prepare for what to expect, and begin to practice sterility. (I still PC'd all of my equipment, as I knew I was planning on moving into a bulk direction).

On a side note, if you would like to see how that first jar of Burma spawn did, I'm updating some pics today of my Burma grow. The rezz tray is pinning nicely, now. :D (It's the burma link in my sig.)
  • SpiritMolecule likes this

#33 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:44 AM

I'm wondering if g2g would be appropriate for a monotub, only reason I'd like to try is because of the speed of the grow, could easily see first flush in a month I'm guessing.

#34 IncredibleEdible

IncredibleEdible

Loving g2g!

• Expired Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:24 AM

g2g means having some colonized grain, and spawning it to another jar of grain to colonize. :)

I think what you're trying to say, is you would like to use popcorn as your spawn? This would work well, as popcorn colonizes VERY fast.

You could do what I did, and use just a spoonful of the colonized grain, put it into another jar, then spawn the rest of the popcorn to a monotub. :) Then you would have some g2g going, as well as a monotub.

#35 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

g2g means having some colonized grain, and spawning it to another jar of grain to colonize. :)

I think what you're trying to say, is you would like to use popcorn as your spawn? This would work well, as popcorn colonizes VERY fast.

You could do what I did, and use just a spoonful of the colonized grain, put it into another jar, then spawn the rest of the popcorn to a monotub. :) Then you would have some g2g going, as well as a monotub.

That is what I'm trying to say haha, I plan (after viewing this and your popcorn prep) on using popcorn as spawn, making a mother jar and colonizing 5-10 other jars with it. Then break those up into hpoo and probably straw with some coir or something, haven't decided on all the specifics yet. I can't wait though, popcorn+horsepoop should=fast+huge grow right?! :D

#36 IncredibleEdible

IncredibleEdible

Loving g2g!

• Expired Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

Well, just let me know if you need any help with the grow. :) I'm always just a PM away.

Good vibes your way Justweed. (I guess we're proving your name wrong, huh? Should be.. "Justweed&mush :rasta:)

#37 keepitgreen

keepitgreen

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

I'm doing a very similar process with popcorn and g2g transfers and having great success... I think... Still new to it all, and constantly referring to this site for instructions. But we're making progress!

#38 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

They usually aren't called mother jars... its usually referred to as a master grain jar.

#39 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

I've been doing G2G for as long as I've been doing grain.

I don't think there's anything faster.
You can take one Q jar and spawn it to 5 or 6 other Quarts, they run in about 6 days give or take a day.

I transfer all of my jars in open air!
If you use a high enough spawn ratio, you almost don't have to worry about contamination (Almost), they just run so fast nothing stands a chance!

I've been doing G2G for a few years now, I can't recall ever having contamination issues with G2G.

I've never had issues with over cloning either. I'm on G 5-6 with the strain I'm working with now. still going strong!
Changing genetics as we speak tho.

Just started Albino A+. Hope it's a good choice!

Why did I start this post...... Oh yea.... G2G is Effing Awesome!

Edited by Bulk, 12 August 2010 - 09:40 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!