• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:53 AM

Well since there wasn't much to do. I decided to start a thread on my progress in growing my first PE, you old timers have some insights let it rip. here i have some chicken feed knock from a G2G wbs. and had already loosen them up and put it in my favorite KFC tub. the substrate are poo,rice straw, coir and rice hulls. as times goes i will update with pictures. :loveeyes:
peace
siam

Attached Thumbnails

• PE5.JPG
  • PE3.JPG
  • PE4.JPG
  • PE2.JPG
  • PE1.JPG

#2 Pedestrian

Pedestrian

Dreamspace Transient

• Expired Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:40 AM

Glad to see more people trying this strain. Hope it goes well!

Please keep us posted!

#3 red_lenses

red_lenses

Pandoras Box Is Open

• Free Member
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:42 AM

looks good, cant wait for updates.

Red

#4 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:12 AM

I cant wait till ralphsters gets pe in again, im going to give this one a try myself. Good luck and keep us posted.

#5 smacked12

smacked12

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:48 AM

i just picked up a few pe syringes this week from sporeworks. i started a few petris last night and plan to start a few brf jars for spawn tonight. so, i'll definately be watching this thread.

#6 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:41 AM

:D Siam, nice! Can't wait to see them!

I too am working with PE and can't wait to spawn the jars :)

#7 arezap

arezap

Underfunded evil genius

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:48 AM

I have one PE print and I don't want to use it. It's a beautiful shedthemonkey pe bookmark. It has a color drawing of a rainbow with a pot of golden shrooms at the end of the rainbow.I have a pe6 in my library and I have no idea where that came from because I went over my trades and free spore thread and couldn't figure it out. Maybe I will give the pe6 a try but it's just not the same as pe to me.

#8 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:09 AM

I think Sheds bookmarks are PE6 also? I may be mistaken, but I have one of those also, marked pe. But I think I remember it being pe6 just marked pe.

I am probably wrong (:smokin: makes the memory foggy).
Arezap, if I get any prints off my PE I'll share with ya. You've got some I'd like anyway :)

#9 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:50 PM

thanks for all the cheers. here are the babies after 2 days..looks like they are just doing great. :shy: will up date in another few days.
peace
siam

Attached Thumbnails

• PE6c.JPG
  • PE6b.JPG
  • PE6a.JPG

#10 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:55 PM

lookin good mang.....PE is one of the slowest
growing cubies out there right now next to PR's...
you'll prolly get some nice big dense fruits from this
project...cause from working with them so much i have
learned that bulk methods are the way to go with this strain...
:love:

i'm awaiting updates..;)

#11 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

I think Sheds bookmarks are PE6 also? I may be mistaken, but I have one of those also, marked pe. But I think I remember it being pe6 just marked pe.

It's cool Freaky, ur not smoking to much lol...Sheds bookmark prints were PE6. :rasta:

#12 arezap

arezap

Underfunded evil genius

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:35 AM

I am probably wrong (:smokin: makes the memory foggy).
Arezap, if I get any prints off my PE I'll share with ya. You've got some I'd like anyway :)

I checked the PE bookmark and it says PE 3/05. So shedthemonkey is it PE? You said you remembered your wife drawing mine.

And BTW freakachino even more strains have come in. I have to update my list.I love trading with folks!

#13 Guest_lost_onabbey_rd_*

Guest_lost_onabbey_rd_*

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:44 AM

sheds PE bookmarks are infact PE6..
gotta remember it wasn't till shed had a few pages of prints out that we all learned that the print he got from RR was infact a PE/tex mix
i had one of the same ones.. i just cut the print off and still use the rest of bookmark to this day :)
LOST

#14 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:53 AM

im looking forward to seeing your progress as i am interested in this strain myself ;)

#15 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:30 AM

Siam, those tubs are looking great!!!!! I can't wait to see the updates. Are you going to case them or let them fruit off the poo?

Glad the smoke isn't affecting me too much :D I too haven't used my Shed bookmark, I just like it too much to use :) Arezap, hopefully I'll have some strains to trade with you soon. :)

#16 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:41 AM

hummm.... freakachino, i haven really decide that yet but it does have me thinking tho. if i was to case them will i get better performance?..surely it will also stall me for another few days if i do case as well...any suggestions?
peace
siam

#17 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:49 AM

I find that the casing is good for keeping the mycelium hydrated and moist. A protective barrier for it kind of. When I don't case, I get fruits just a few days sooner. The pinsets aren't really affected by casing/no casing in my experiences. Its really going to come down to your personal preferance I think. I can't offer too much advise on this PE strain as I haven't fruited any yet. If you've always cased your substrates then do what works consistent for you that way you can fruit it with confidence.

Are you keeping the bucket(s) outside?

#18 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:02 AM

yes the tubs are outside and when its ready i put them in my FC outside as well. I too don't know much on the PE strains but all my other grow i always case them for that same reason to keep them hydrated. so case them it is then! it gets really hot here!
peace
siam

#19 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:06 AM

Siam, yeah, I'd say case it if you're fruiting outside for environmental reasons. Try some non-cased poo substrates sometime with a strain you have a lot of prints or spawn of. Then if it doesn't work out you won't feel like you wasted anything.

#20 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

here it its at day 3...looking good and just as expected
peace
siam

Attached Thumbnails

• PE7_resize.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!