Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

U.S. government considers you insane if youve taken lsd in your lifetime?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 space-cosmonaut

space-cosmonaut

seeing is believing

• Expired Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

So whats all this i hear about, that if you take 7 hits of lsd in your lifetime the U.S government considers you legally insane? Has anybody else heard of this. Almost impossible for the gov to identify you as being this without a spinal tap i imagine. If anything, in my opinion taking lsd makes you sane. Makes you tuned to other things. But i hear you cant join the military if youve taken lsd and stuff like that. Im sure people that have though still join cause im pretty positive the military isnt gonna give spinal taps. Very risky. It can paralyze you. Well i dunno, heard this and thought was kinda stupid but humorous at the same time at how our government can be pretty retarded in every sense of the word. Would like to hear some other thoughts on this though.

#2 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

How many millions of Americans have taken LSD in the last 50 years do you figure ?

Attached Thumbnails

• woodstock-crowd.jpg

#3 Mr Kush

Mr Kush

Wild Cactus Child

• Expired Member
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

yea I would like to know where you heard of this?:lol:

I have heard the same exact thing said from people from different states already..... I was wondering when It came down to it how you could use the card.....? I have been spinal tapped before, and this was back in a year when I was hanging with lucy on the weekends. Tests showed nothing......plus they hit a nerve and my leg went numb for a couple minutes, that was after they made me sign a permission/waver:lol: slip, which stated it's possible to go paralize ect......:eusa_wall

I think they just wanted to spread a message........And that is lsd makes you insane:special:............:teeth:.

#4 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

So whats all this i hear about, that if you take 7 hits of lsd in your lifetime the U.S government considers you legally insane?

Nonsense. This is urban lengend/myth. The government thinks we are all insne anyways.

Almost impossible for the gov to identify you as being this without a spinal tap i imagine.

Also nonsense. A spinal tap will not tell if someone has done LSD in their life anymore than a blood test will. Another urban lengend/myth. LSD is not "stored" in your spine either. It's not "stored" anywhere.

Isn't the half life of LSD only a few hours, meaning by the time your trip is over half of the actual LSD in out of your system completely. (please correct me if I am mistaken)

But i hear you cant join the military if youve taken lsd and stuff like that. Im sure people that have though still join cause im pretty positive the military....

Shit, the millitary used to test LSD on soldiers many moons ago.

There is no way to tell whether or not someone has done LSD before short of asking them while they are hooked up to a polygraph, which is a bullshit technique its self.

Edited by firerat, 24 March 2010 - 08:39 PM.
Speeling

#5 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

Google "LSD psychotherapy".

Lots of info there. LSD may actually help make people un-crazy ...

Example:

History of LSD Therapy

Stanislav Grof, M.D.

http://www.psychedel...rg/grofhist.htm

#6 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:46 PM

So whats all this i hear about, that if you take 7 hits of lsd in your lifetime the U.S government considers you legally insane? Has anybody else heard of this.

I have, and its always kinda bugged me, because there is no such thing as "Legally Insane." Insane is kind of an old term, from the days of frontal lobotomies. What used to be called "Insanity" is now called "Psychotic Episodes" or "Schizophrenia" or some other jibber-jabber. And, if you look through the DSM-IV you will not find any mental disorder based solely the patient's use of LSD.

Past use of LSD is also not enough to do anything in the legal system either. If it held any sway, we would hear stories like this all the time...

Hiram Cowfreak, the alleged murderer of 16 babies was set free this afternoon when an appellate judge found him not guilty by reason of insanity. Although Cowfreak was arrested when 16 impaled babies were found in his car during a routine traffic stop, defense evidence definitively showed that he had taken LSD 8 times and was therefore legally insane."

http://www.erowid.or...lsd_myth8.shtml

Almost impossible for the gov to identify you as being this without a spinal tap i imagine.

I've seen way more evidence that LSD is metabolized within days than I have that it "stays in your system forever." In fact, I've never seen a peer-reviewed source say that. However, there are plenty that say the opposite.

http://www.erowid.or...lsd_myth1.shtml

#7 space-cosmonaut

space-cosmonaut

seeing is believing

• Expired Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

Thank for the replies everyone. never new there was so many myths and misconceptions. I honestly thought lsd stayed in the spinal fluid for life. thanx for putting me in the know.

#8 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,493 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

never new there was so many myths and misconceptions.

The myths and misconceptions about most of these medicines outweigh the truths about 10 to 1 ime

#9 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:56 AM

http://www.snopes.co...al/lsdcrazy.asp

Snopes says Hoax and again points out that insanity is a legal term - not a medical one and there's no benchmark drug-taking that defines one as insane.

#10 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:20 AM

So whats all this i hear about, that if you take 7 hits of lsd in your lifetime the U.S government considers you legally insane? Has anybody else heard of this. Almost impossible for the gov to identify you as being this without a spinal tap i imagine. If anything, in my opinion taking lsd makes you sane. Makes you tuned to other things. But i hear you cant join the military if youve taken lsd and stuff like that. Im sure people that have though still join cause im pretty positive the military isnt gonna give spinal taps. Very risky. It can paralyze you. Well i dunno, heard this and thought was kinda stupid but humorous at the same time at how our government can be pretty retarded in every sense of the word. Would like to hear some other thoughts on this though.

There isn't any kind of Lsd test that uses a spinal tap. That is also a myth...

#11 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:34 AM

[/COLOR]

Nonsense. This is urban lengend/myth. The government thinks we are all insne anyways.

Also nonsense. A spinal tap will not tell if someone has done LSD in their life anymore than a blood test will. Another urban lengend/myth. LSD is not "stored" in your spine either. It's not "stored" anywhere.

Isn't the half life of LSD only a few hours, meaning by the time your trip is over half of the actual LSD in out of your system completely. (please correct me if I am mistaken)

Shit, the millitary used to test LSD on soldiers many moons ago.

There is no way to tell whether or not someone has done LSD before short of asking them while they are hooked up to a polygraph, which is a bullshit technique its self.

No half life is this: A drug's half-life is determined by finding out how long it takes a medication or drug to be eliminated from blood plasma by one half of its strength. The drug's half-life is usually measured by looking at how medications degrade when they are administered via injection or intravenously in an IV drip. Theoretically, one dose of a drug administered by injection or through an intravenous (IV) line could be measured by looking at blood levels to see when the drug has reached half strength.

This process can be hours or a month or longer depending on the drug. Methadone has a very very long half life, thats why withdrawels last so much longer with methadone than any other pain killer for example. Lsd isnt that long and its definitely not stored in your body anywhere.

When you hear shit like that you can pretty much rest assured it is propoganda from the powers that be to scare you off a drug that may allow you to see the world for what it is.

what i believe is this: acid, dmt, mesc. et drugs that remove our mental and spiritual filters we have spent our whole lives erecting. Think "The Wall".

Sorry for getting a bit off topic and going on a tangent, but i was on a roll :)
  • firerat likes this

#12 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,988 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:25 AM

And how about all of us gene damaged lsd consumers with damaged chromosomes - hell I have 5 "normal" children and they are producing "normal" grandchildren. Maybe the next generation will turn into flying pigs or something...

#13 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:10 AM

I would wager the military bit stems from this:
Way back, I joined up to serve in the military and the schooling I selected was held under ground and in order to qualify(other than mentally) for a Secret security clearance, they really dug through your personal life. If they found that you even smoked grass, you could not obtain a security level of Secret. You were considered a risk and therefore they declined you to service for positions of Secret or Top Secret. LOL, cocaine was right out. You could still get a job of a lesser clearance level but nothing sensitive.
As a footnote, my schooling was held under ground and there were two gentlemen at the end of a very long hallway that seemed hellbent on making it clear that if you were carrying anything they were gonna shoot the whole lot.

Presidential fun fact: How many presidents have we had recently that have smoked grass, snorted coke or were just plain ole drunks. All of those are red flags for Secret security clearance. They have Top Secret clearance levels. A direct violation of the criteria.

Very good thread space.

#14 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:48 AM

And how about all of us gene damaged lsd consumers with damaged chromosomes - hell I have 5 "normal" children and they are producing "normal" grandchildren. Maybe the next generation will turn into flying pigs or something...

speaking of the chromo damage myth, i remember reading that when testing this myth they tested Timothy Leary and he was completely normal. if hes fine were all fine.

#15 GlassFrog11

GlassFrog11

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

Well, I worked for them for 17 years after consuming far more than 7 hits. I thought they were far more insane than me.

I guess crazy bastards run our nation...surprise surprise....

#16 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Expired Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Spinal taps are not that dangerous either.
I've a few, and while a bit unpleasant, not the biggest threat to life in the medical field.

#17 ou3308

ou3308

Beatnik

• Expired Member
  • 341 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

come on now, I need something to blame my insanity on!!!!!!!!!

#18 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

Your not crazy, everyone else is.

#19 ou3308

ou3308

Beatnik

• Expired Member
  • 341 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

Your not crazy, everyone else is.

I missed my therapist meeting this morning but i feel much better now!!!

#20 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

I aim to please. I will forward my safe address in which you can send payment.

Big smiles man!! :teeth:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!